Manchester United

BOF

On 08/03/2019 at 03:16, MrDuck said:

Nope.

In 2007/8 Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool all there, and 3 of them made the semis.

In 2006/7 there was 3 in the last 4 as well.

2008/9 Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool all there again, and once more 3 made the last 4.

Liverpool are in poor form, wouldn't bet on them away against Bayern, no chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Zlatan is right, these ex-players all seem so entitled and are a bad influence on United in the media. They have built up a reputation as some sort of football gurus as they were once great players.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has suggested that Manchester United's Class Of 92, which includes former players such as Gary and Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, have been a negative influence on the club in recent times.

"They are not there anymore," Ibrahimovic told The Mirror.

"They are on TV and complaining all the time because they are not active in the club.

"If you want to work in the club, go and search for work in the club.

"So you cannot be on TV and always complaining and criticising. Yeah, ok, you’ve had your time, we know it."

Ibrahimovic spent a season-and-a-half at Manchester United under the management of Jose Mourinho. The 37-year-old was critical of how Paul Pogba's performances have been analysed by Class Of 92 members, whom he refers to as the "circle of Ferguson".

With Pogba, he was with United when he was young, then he went out and he came back.

And in the circle of Ferguson, they don’t like that. Because they stayed all their life under Ferguson and they never moved from Ferguson.

And they didn’t even talk if Ferguson didn’t tell them to open their mouth.

So now if they are talking, I don’t know whether Ferguson gave them permission or not.

The Swede also said that the club needs to find its identity once again nearly six years on from the retirement of Alex Ferguson.

https://www.balls.ie/football/zlatan-ibrahimovic-lauches-attack-on-class-of-92-407627

• Like 2

I can't remember if someone posted it here before but this is a phenomenon known as the "Myth of Talent". Its a complicated theory but basically the thinking is if X player was a great footballer, they're going to be a great pundit/coach/manager as well. Which as we've seen is absolutely not the case, but another manager coming through like Jose who never really played football is probably never going to happen. 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 12:51, Demitri_C said:

Sanchez and mata? You can't compare them to neymar and cavani same with lingard. Martial maybe and pigs byf the others are average united players. 

Alves is a old man 

Only just noticed 'pigs byf' :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he's a Sherwood type that will unravel and get found out midway into next season.

I think that's harsh. What will be interesting will be what happens when they go through a bad patch and the nice guy routine is not working. 

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

OGS announced as their official manager.

What a terrible decision, the man got no merits as a coach at the highest level.

You mean in comparison to Pocchettino? 

United's tried 'successful' managers - it hasn't worked out. Appointing Zidane who has done nothing but take a star studded financially doped Real Madrid team to a level where they frankly should be playing is not an achievement worth noting, neither is taking a Tottenham team with a golden generation to 4th. I'm sure Paul Ince would do a much better job than OGS though, it's just PSG away, Arsenal away, Tottenham away amongst other matches.

Edited by magnkarl

8 hours ago, magnkarl said:

You mean in comparison to Pocchettino? 

United's tried 'successful' managers - it hasn't worked out. Appointing Zidane who has done nothing but take a star studded financially doped Real Madrid team to a level where they frankly should be playing is not an achievement worth noting, neither is taking a Tottenham team with a golden generation to 4th. I'm sure Paul Ince would do a much better job than OGS though, it's just PSG away, Arsenal away, Tottenham away amongst other matches.

Wait what? So you're writing of Zinedine 3 consecutive champions league wins as merely making Real Madrid perform as they should be. While you're hailing Ole for winning away games versus Tottenham and Arsenal with Manchester United? 

I think Solskjærs results speaks for themselves. There's no need to take anything away from either Pochettino or Zidane. Who both might have been good choice. But they decided to go for Solskjær, who has done an excellent job so far.

Done well but united is a huge pressured job. The expectations there are higher than at villa. He doesn't have the management experience to turn it around if they hit a terrible run of form. Even Bruce has achieved more in Britain than solsjaker has. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Man U are making a mistake. It’s easy being a manager when all is going well. Let’s see how he copes when there’s some bad form.

There seems to be some bad eggs at that club.

They tried to do it the other way. 

Moyes - manager for years, next Fergie - failed.

Van Gaal - a manager legend - failed.

Mourinho - one of the biggest names in the game - failed.

So now they give a shot to the guy that could not have had a better start, a guy who clearly identified with the players and who has a bit of positivity about him, and somehow that's a bad decision?

Frankly, it's the only right decision they could have made here.

But you are right, let's see how he copes under pressure. Others didn't do very well.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

They tried to do it the other way. 

Moyes - manager for years, next Fergie - failed.

Van Gaal - a manager legend - failed.

Mourinho - one of the biggest names in the game - failed.

So now they give a shot to the guy that could not have had a better start, a guy who clearly identified with the players and who has a bit of positivity about him, and somehow that's a bad decision?

Frankly, it's the only right decision they could have made here.

But you are right, let's see how he copes under pressure. Others didn't do very well.

He might be the next Pep or he might be the next Sherwood. 

I just think the form under him has been an over achievement. Ive watched a few of their games and they’ve been very lucky.  

Good luck to them.

But why now?

Why not wait till the end of the season. They have just lost 2 games in a row, bubble seem to have burst.

What if they get knocked out of the cl and miss out of the top 4?

I can see another Di Matteo case and i don't see him lasting longer than next christmas.

Â