Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Your still thinking like united are a big club the one in the 90s that use to win loads of trophies . They have been average since fergie left.  Spurs have surpassed them, Liverpool have surpassed them hell even Chelsea have. Thats not evening including city. 

I would put united on same level as arsenal. United are not the force they once were. 

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

saying spurs are bigger than utd is the same argument that baggies fans made when we got relegated...finishing above them 2/3 years doesnt make them bigger, utd are probably the 3rd biggest team in the world behind barca and real madrid, i think it will take years for them drop off from that perch, and i think edwood woodwood will ensure that they keep making off the field decisions that keep them up there rather than on the field decisions that see them deservedly be there

with that in mind i think zidane will be the number 1 target, he's easier to get and he's got more of a global brand behind him

@Demitri_C i think you're confusing size with attractiveness. do we have a bigger stadium, trophy cabinet, and fanbase to the baggies? of course. but when they were in the prem and we werent, are we a more attractive prospect? no way...and most players would have gone to them rather than us given the choice. size is irrelevant when deciding if they're an attractive prospect or not - therefore i would (very begrudgingly) say spurs would be more attractive to a player or manager right now, but man u are and will be bigger probably for the rest of all our lifetimes

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

I guarantee Durham and Gough will call for this on drive. 

I don't think we will ever see Jose in England again. 

I think he might have burned his bridges in Europe. None of top clubs will take him. Can see going Middle East or an international team

Mourinho to manage Qatar in 2022 😉

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is nonsense. By almost every measure they are still a vastly bigger club. Spurs have surpassed them how exactly?  Even on the playing side United have actually won trophies recently, Spurs haven't. United even finished above them last season. No one in football sees Spurs as a bigger club or as a better job than the United job.

So you think poch will leave a  team currently in the top 4 for a team struggling to finish above little wolves? 

Spurs who spent zero money while united continue to waste hundreds ofmillions of pounds on garbage (yer are 13 points small spurs?)

Yeah ok I'm convinced.:thumb: making so much money means nothing these days if your clubs a shambles and mismanaged like united has been.

Spurs certainly have a brighter future than united do. That clubs a mess

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Its going to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer until the summer I bet you.

I'm still reeling from the £25 bet I made when Randy's jet was flying to pick up the baby faced assassin and make him Villa boss!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

@Demitri_C i think you're confusing size with attractiveness. do we have a bigger stadium, trophy cabinet, and fanbase to the baggies? of course. but when they were in the prem and we werent, are we a more attractive prospect? no way...and most players would have gone to them rather than us given the choice. size is irrelevant when deciding if they're an attractive prospect or not - therefore i would (very begrudgingly) say spurs would be more attractive to a player or manager right now, but man u are and will be bigger probably for the rest of all our lifetimes

When i evaluate bigger I mean in terms of success. I wouldn't be stupid enough to say bournmouth are bigger than us even though they are in premier league.

But fact is despite what we have they are bigger in a sense of where they are compared to what we are. Thats what I was getting at.

With spurs they have been a lot more successful with smaller resources. They spent nothing and are 13 points ahead of manure. Back in the day united could sign any player they want.  Now days they are likely to choose spurs over united as they are more ambitious and have more success. Look at them in cl this year for example? Veey admirable the way they did it.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With spurs they have been a lot more successful with smaller resources. Now days they are likely to choose spurs over united as they are more ambitious and have more success. Look at them in cl this year for example? Veey admirable the way they did it.

Under Mourinho for 2 1/2 years Man Utd won the same amount of trophies as spurs have managed since 1984.

This year in the champions league? United won a game more, got 2 more points & conceeded 6 less goals than spurs

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So you think poch will leave a  team currently in the top 4 for a team struggling to finish above little wolves? 

Spurs who spent zero money while united continue to waste hundreds ofmillions of pounds on garbage (yer are 13 points small spurs?)

Yeah ok I'm convinced.:thumb: making so much money means nothing these days if your clubs a shambles and mismanaged like united has been.

Spurs certainly have a brighter future than united do. That clubs a mess

Man Utd finished above Spurs last season. They also have won far more honours even in more recent times... circa 20 since Spurs last won anything (League Cup in late 90's)

Every major manager would pick Man Utd over Spurs given the choice. 

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Man Utd finished above Spurs last season. They also have won far more honours even in more recent times... circa 20 since Spurs last won anything (League Cup in late 90's)

Let's see come the summer as I think poch is their number one choice and I don't think he will go.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They won the league cup in 2008.  Therefore Spurs are as successful as Small Heath since the turn of the century.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/08/2016 at 16:25, rodders0223 said:

Mourinho already making life difficult for himself banishing a good professional (although completely shot to shit) football to the reserve. Shoddy treatment for a modern legend.

No wonder no players want to play for him anymore. The halo has well and truly slipped.

Writing was on the wall from the day he got the job.

'Bruce should be involved'

4a84b803-eb40-45d3-915f-49a81532cf57.jpg

Darren Fletcher

Former Man Utd midfielder on BBC Radio 5 live

People forget that Steve Bruce was Manchester United captain. He should be involved in the club in some way - perhaps a director of football or a go-between between a young manager and the board.

Former players like Bruce and Bryan Robson should be more involved in the club - they know what Manchester United is about.

That's where Mike Phelan alongside Ole Gunnar Solskjaer comes in. Mike is an experienced head who was with the club during its most successful period.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/46603511

Please 😂

• Haha 3

Â