Manchester United

BOF

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But which is a more progressive club? For me as much as I dislike spurs they are. United are on the decline and have a very poor squad when you compare to the teams of fergie. 

Back in the day players would laugh at going to spurs ahead of united. Now days spurs are seen as a more attractive option than united.

Man Utd are still far bigger than Spurs IMO. 

As good as Spurs are run, and they are run brilliantly, Utd is a different kettle of fish. They are one of the big sports teams in the World... alongside the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This feels so similar to what we just went through with Bruce. The pure adrenaline those manc fans must be feeling. 

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But which is a more progressive club? For me as much as I dislike spurs they are. United are on the decline and have a very poor squad when you compare to the teams of fergie. 

Back in the day players would laugh at going to spurs ahead of united. Now days spurs are seen as a more attractive option than united.

One team has no stadium, failed to sign any players for the manager in the summer and wont be signing anybody in winter

If Diego Simeone or Antoine Griezmann had a choice tomorrow of United or Spurs. Who would they really pick? 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your still thinking like united are a big club the one in the 90s that use to win loads of trophies . They have been average since fergie left.  Spurs have surpassed them, Liverpool have surpassed them hell even Chelsea have. Thats not evening including city. 

I would put united on same level as arsenal. United are not the force they once were. 

This is nonsense. By almost every measure they are still a vastly bigger club. Spurs have surpassed them how exactly?  Even on the playing side United have actually won trophies recently, Spurs haven't. United even finished above them last season. No one in football sees Spurs as a bigger club or as a better job than the United job.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

One team has no stadium, failed to sign any players for the manager in the summer and wont be signing anybody in winter

If Diego Simeone or Antoine Griezmann had a choice tomorrow of United or Spurs. Who would they really pick? 

Spurs because they can CL football united cant as they won't finish in the top four and spurs will.

United might make mpre money but they really are a declining team 

Who's next on the Man Utd 'You'll never live up to Ferguson' merry-go-round?!

I just asked Skybet for odds on Zidane to get the job in the summer, but then to lose the job within 2 years of being appointed. They refused to give me odds on it. Wimps :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But how can we argue we are bigger if we have been a championship club for 5 years or so if that were to happen and wolves were in the premier league for those years?

Your point doesn't make sense though as spurs are a cl side  not a league below 

us spending 5 years in the championship and baggies / wolves spending 5 years in the PL does make them a bigger team than villa

it either takes decades or lots and lots of success, wolves and baggies have done neither

spurs have done neither in comparison to utd, simply finishing above them for a couple of years doesnt make them a bigger club, they have to win a lot of stuff to get there

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Never the right fit for Man United so I too was surprised he lasted this long.

I think the absolute must when he was appointed was to get them back in the CL which he did. It wasn't pretty but they couldn't afford to be out of it for another year for a number of reasons.

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

Man Utd are still far bigger than Spurs IMO. 

As good as Spurs are run, and they are run brilliantly, Utd is a different kettle of fish. They are one of the big sports teams in the World... alongside the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. 

Teams can drop out of the elite group. Just ask AC Milan. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

United need a man who knows the club well, is British and has a solid league record of finishing in Top 4

Step forward Steve Bruce

I guarantee Durham and Gough will call for this on drive. 

I don't think we will ever see Jose in England again. 

Â