Manchester United

BOF

Bruce, Giggs, Hughes, Keane, Neville, Strachan, Yorke... so many ex players to choose from.

Guess the timing means they've finally managed to convince who ever they were pursuing.

Zizou?

Wonder if Mourinho will be in line for a return to Inter if they fail to get Simeone?

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United need a man who knows the club well, is British and has a solid league record of finishing in Top 4

Step forward Steve Bruce

There's a Untied fan in my office who genuinely would have swapped Mourinho for Bruce (when he was still our manager)

And this one was actually born in Salford.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a Untied fan in my office who genuinely would have swapped Mourinho for Bruce (when he was still our manager)

And this one was actually born in Salford.

Tie him back up before he escapes.

• Haha 1

Bit interesting they triggered an extension on Martial yesterday since he was one of the (many) players not loving life under Mourinho.

I imagine he was informed Mourinho was on his way out.

From their statement 

“The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.

“A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager.”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/breaking-manchester-united-sack-jose-mourinho

Kinda thought they'd have someone lined up.

Zidane doesnt really make any sense as this is a rebuildng job and he has little experience in that, i heard somewhere he doesnt even speak English

Conte I think they will go for he did a similar job at Juventus

On 16/12/2018 at 18:47, Shropshire Lad said:

Both Moyes and LVG went once Champions League football for the following season was impossible (well ok, they gave LVG the cup final, but he was practically out the door once the final whistle went).

I’d be a little surprised if Jose is sacked before it’s confirmed they’ll miss out. But who knows, it’s becoming a bit of a farce up there, relatively speaking.

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Sacked this morning

0A99B94C-15CA-420C-9267-889970E2FCA3.gif

• Like 1

£20m pay off apparently. this has to stop. underperform at your job to the point that you are dismissed, and get that kind of money. this whole system has to change. i honestly think all players and managers should be on pay as you play deals...abolish the whole contract system. if a player underperforms you cannot 'sack' them cause they're under contract and you'll lose the transfer fee. i keep telling myself that one day they'll realise the system is ridiculous and that we'll all be laughing about this in 20 years time

• Like 1

I think he managed this to leave yewunited. A marriage of convenience which was never to end well.  He will get another big job in which he will look miserable for 2-3 years before getting sacked again. A stale, grey, farty, tired manager who has run out of friends even with his British media mates. Hiddink in now, Poch for the summer.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â