Manchester United

BOF

15 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Can someone who’s on twitter post the Guardian’s cartoonist David Squires initial reaction please? You’re bound to get a few likes for your trouble....

https://www.twitter.com/squires_david/status/1074978878613929984

EMBEDD DAMN YOU

Edited by Tegis
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would not be suprised if they went for Wenger until end of the season

I would. I think his demise at Arsenal showed that he struggled to relate to modern day footballers and have the influence he used to have. Needs to be someone like Conte / Poch / Zidane / Mancini etc (imo)

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

United is a step down nowdays.

Would not be suprised if they went for Wenger until end of the season

They really aren't. United are an infinitely bigger club than Spurs, he'd also earn a lot more money himself and have a lot more money to spend on players. I'm convinced he'd jump at the chance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They really aren't. United are an infinitely bigger club than Spurs, he'd also earn a lot more money himself and have a lot more money to spend on players. I'm convinced he'd jump at the chance.

Your still thinking like united are a big club the one in the 90s that use to win loads of trophies . They have been average since fergie left.  Spurs have surpassed them, Liverpool have surpassed them hell even Chelsea have. Thats not evening including city. 

I would put united on same level as arsenal. United are not the force they once were. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Your still thinking like united are a big club the one in the 90s that use to win loads of trophies . They have been average since fergie left.  Spurs have surpassed them, Liverpool have surpassed them hell even Chelsea have. Thats not evening including city. 

I would put united on same level as arsenal. United are not the force they once were. 

United are still a huge club, look at revenue they bring in still. Highest attendance in the league on average just badly managed

Mourinho won more trophies at United than Spurs have in last 25 years

• Like 1

This bigger club discussion makes me wonder...this is the third appointment that has broadly speaking been “wrong”.

Hypothetically how many more appointments or how many more years would it take before Utd no longer hold their huge club status, are no longer the marketable global brand that they still are? Essentially get completely cut adrift from Liverpool, Man City etc and become like Everton. 

Five years? Ten years? Or is the size of the club so big that this isn’t a concern at all?

Edited by Shropshire Lad

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United are still a huge club, look at revenue they bring in still. Highest attendance in the league on average just badly managed

Mourinho won more trophies at United than Spurs have in last 25 years

But which is a more progressive club? For me as much as I dislike spurs they are. United are on the decline and have a very poor squad when you compare to the teams of fergie. 

Back in the day players would laugh at going to spurs ahead of united. Now days spurs are seen as a more attractive option than united.

saying spurs are bigger than utd is the same argument that baggies fans made when we got relegated...finishing above them 2/3 years doesnt make them bigger, utd are probably the 3rd biggest team in the world behind barca and real madrid, i think it will take years for them drop off from that perch, and i think edwood woodwood will ensure that they keep making off the field decisions that keep them up there rather than on the field decisions that see them deservedly be there

with that in mind i think zidane will be the number 1 target, he's easier to get and he's got more of a global brand behind him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

saying spurs are bigger than utd is the same argument that baggies fans made when we got relegated...finishing above them 2/3 years doesnt make them bigger, utd are probably the 3rd biggest team in the world behind barca and real madrid, i think it will take years for them drop off from that perch, and i think edwood woodwood will ensure that they keep making off the field decisions that keep them up there rather than on the field decisions that see them deservedly be there

with that in mind i think zidane will be the number 1 target, he's easier to get and he's got more of a global brand behind him

But how can we argue we are bigger if we have been a championship club for 5 years or so if that were to happen and wolves were in the premier league for those years?

Your point doesn't make sense though as spurs are a cl side  not a league below 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

edwood woodwood will ensure that they keep making off the field decisions that keep them up there rather than on the field decisions that see them deservedly be there

Him and the Glazers seem to be avoiding criticism. I've got no sympathy for Mourinho but he's not the only one at fault.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But how can we argue we are bigger if we have been a championship club for 5 years or so if that were to happen and wolves were in the premier league for those years?

Your point doesn't make sense though as spurs are a cl side  not a league below 

There is much more to the size/stature of a club than league position.

• Like 2

Just now, coda said:

Him and the Glazers seem to be avoiding criticism. I've got no sympathy for Mourinho but he's not the only one at fault.

They've backed him massively, and his signings have all flopped. I'm not sure they can be blamed much for this current plight.

Â