Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Well, everyone's different I guess! Personally I think he's hilarious. Been to watch him live three times and each was excellent. The first time I saw him I was crying with laughter for ages, although I think his 'random' style might be getting a little forced at times now - but I still think he's a great comedian.

When you say general operative, is that the normal h&s test I did for my cscs blue card (bricklayer, level 3 nvq qualified me), I did that test and pissed it, yet I know people who fail it, if you fail the operative test you shouldn't be allowed near a building site.

i think they have changed it now, you can get a red one for general operative, a black one for management or a special one for trainee, the only identification of your trade is in the small print on the back

my place often tells people they are doing a different test to the one you actually do, i sat the management test 2 months after i started as a trainee and got told i only needed to revise the 1st chapter

i passed last week, got one of the scenario questions wrong, pissed me off that they didnt tell me which one

i think they have changed it now, you can get a red one for general operative, a black one for management or a special one for trainee, the only identification of your trade is in the small print on the back

my place often tells people they are doing a different test to the one you actually do, i sat the management test 2 months after i started as a trainee and got told i only needed to revise the 1st chapter

i passed last week, got one of the scenario questions wrong, pissed me off that they didnt tell me which one

I have a yellow one, which apparently means something along the lines of 'random tourist likely to fall down hole and not to be trusted' apparently I have to go back and get a black one.

Not helped originally by the computer test simulator we bought in was giving wrong random answers. Also not helped by the macho set the fastest time game we all ended up playing. Got my yellow in 4 minutes 30 seconds, nowhere near the fastest, but scary when you press the final submit button.

People who make an inordinate effort to not show their teeth when smiling for any photo that's taken of them, and end up looking like they're either trying really hard not to laugh or that they want to see how far they can make their lips wrap around their face.

People who make an inordinate effort to not show their teeth when smiling for any photo that's taken of them, and end up looking like they're either trying really hard not to laugh or that they want to see how far they can make their lips wrap around their face.

I do this inadvertently. I think I have a big top lip or something, but when I smile I don't really show my teeth.

To show my teeth I have to do a huge ridiculously over the top smile, which looks ridiculous.

I had a mate who lived in Warrington for 2 years (up until July of this year)

It's a right shit hole.

Grittiest night out I've ever been on.

Worse than Cov?

I can confirm Warrington is even worse than Cov. Hard to believe, but, worringly, true.

The weird thing about Warrington, I found, was it was like going out at a holiday destination like Majorca or Teneriffe (but, you know, without the nice weather and decent surroundings)

As in, all the main bars are in one place, like a strip. And everyone seemed to go into a bar, pay and get their hand stamped, have a drink, then move onto the next bar and do the same.

And then flit from bar to bar all night, returning to the same ones.

So you'd be in a bar, and it would be empty, then suddenly there would be loads of people in there. 10 minutes later, the bar would be empty again and everyone would have moved on to another bar. And there was lots of hanging about in the street with people convincing you to go into their bar.

Kind of strange

And there was lots of hanging about in the street with people convincing you to go into their bar.

Now that REALLY pisses me off.

I tend to avoid those places like the **** plague. If your bar was any good, it would be full. If you have to employ a bunch of numpties to drag people in off the street, there is a reason people aren't in the bar in the first place.

Got an email from a lecturer in college. I didn't go to a couple of placements this semester. Just sitting in a GP's office for 3/4 hours in a shirt and tie didn't really appeal, so I skipped them. Got a call from the lecturer one morning telling me that the second placement that I'd already decided I wouldn't be attending was cancelled and that I was to reschedule it for the following week. I didn't bother.

That was maybe 3 weeks ago. Got an email yesterday from her asking me if I had attended the placement. She wants me to give her a ring. I do not want to give her a ring. I will give her a ring tomorrow and say I had a physio appointment. But she only knows I didn't attend the second placement. Will she ask me if I attended the first one and if she does will I lie and say I did? Will she bother checking it up?

It's just a pain in the arse.

My car insurance company called today to pretty much let me know they were going to upgrade my health cover for an extra £15 without really discussing it.

I told them, "No, my insurance is already ridiculously high, I don't want to pay any more"

"Oh, but you've just renewed and we've reduced your premium by half"

"Yes and it is still too high" (I should have said 'too damn high' but nevermind).

So I might not have my health but I have £15 and my principles.

Got an email from a lecturer in college. I didn't go to a couple of placements this semester. Just sitting in a GP's office for 3/4 hours in a shirt and tie didn't really appeal, so I skipped them. Got a call from the lecturer one morning telling me that the second placement that I'd already decided I wouldn't be attending was cancelled and that I was to reschedule it for the following week. I didn't bother.

That was maybe 3 weeks ago. Got an email yesterday from her asking me if I had attended the placement. She wants me to give her a ring. I do not want to give her a ring. I will give her a ring tomorrow and say I had a physio appointment. But she only knows I didn't attend the second placement. Will she ask me if I attended the first one and if she does will I lie and say I did? Will she bother checking it up?

It's just a pain in the arse.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35t6kt/

Â