Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

got my CSCS management level exam in the morning, 8.45am in worcester so im not impressed with that, been doing the practice exams all weekend the questions where you can get a couple wrong i can nail, the section where im only allowed to get 1 wrong is hit an miss

and **** fire extinguishers if theres a fire you wont see me for dust let alone standing there trying to identify what the cream coloured one does

just look around the room if the fire extinguisher question comes up - there's bound to be one there somewhere

and best of luck, don't forget it's against the clock! (no pressure)

People who can't crack eggs.

Guy in our office brought a cake in yesterday that he'd made. Said he had to go out and buy more eggs because he got too much shell in the mixture when he was making his first batch.

What the ****?

One that certainly shouldn't piss me off, but does: the new 'spoilers' button/box on the site. First of all, it's an excellent addition and very useful. But it's just so damn tempting. I just want to click it every time I see it, or I feel like I'm missing out. In the TV thread, for example, there are lots of spoiler boxes about programmes I don't watch, but I still want to click on them. However, I won't, because the fact that there are spoilers in itself makes the programme seem interesting and I think I might watch it at some point in the future. Same goes for the film thread, often with films that I know I will watch. I can generally resist, but reluctantly.

One that certainly shouldn't piss me off, but does: the new 'spoilers' button/box on the site. First of all, it's an excellent addition and very useful. But it's just so damn tempting. I just want to click it every time I see it, or I feel like I'm missing out. In the TV thread, for example, there are lots of spoiler boxes about programmes I don't watch, but I still want to click on them. However, I won't, because the fact that there are spoilers in itself makes the programme seem interesting and I think I might watch it at some point in the future. Same goes for the film thread, often with films that I know I will watch. I can generally resist, but reluctantly.

James Bond always comes out victorious .

• Like 1

Unpushed buttons are definitely amongst the most irresistible of temptations. Especially red ones, or ones that are behind a perspex box you have to flip open first.

Police Commissioner elections.

A pointless, politicised 80 grand a year waste of public money.

And what deeply impressive manifestos here in West Yorkshire:

Mark Burns-Williamson (Labour)

Key pledges:

• Stand against the £100m Government cuts of around 2000 police officers and staff in West Yorkshire ("Stand against"? Well that's going to be effective, isn't it?)
  • Strong and swift action on antisocial behaviour (Yes? WHAT action, exactly?)
  • Be tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime, giving victims a greater voice (How original)

Geraldine Carter (Conservative)

Election statement:

• No more kid gloves – no special interests: there are communities that the police feel unable to tackle crime in because they fear the consequences. This is patronising to those communities and detrimental to law and order. (Yep, make the streets safe for white folks)

• Support victims, not criminals: victims should be able to decide the community punishment of offenders. (No, they most definitely should NOT)

• Cut Police paperwork: freeing police from unnecessary red tape so they have more time for frontline duties responding to the real concerns of their communities. Geraldine will put the Bobby back on the beat.Recruit 850 new Special Constables: the best form of policing is local community policing so Geraldine will recruit 850 new Community Special Constables protecting our streets. (Cut jobs and recruit low-paid inexperienced part-timers)

Andrew Marchington (Lib Dem)

Andrew’s priorities as Commissioner will be:

• Reducing red tape to protect frontline services and get more police on our streets (See the Tory candidate)
  • Get police and local communities working together to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour. (Er... HOW?)
  • Payback sentencing that helps victims, benefits communities and reduces reoffending.(See the Tory candidate)
  • Effective action to protect people from domestic violence and rape (Er... HOW?)

Cedric Christie (Independent, ex-copper)

Election statement:

At school in Leeds I stood up to bullies. (You couldn't make it up...)

I know the difference between right and wrong. I never allowed negative traits to influence my behaviour whilst serving you. (Blimey...)

I will chase the corrupt and incompetent out of office. They do not deserve your respect. Read my website. You will be shocked. (Oh, I was, guvnor, I was)

Show everyone you really care about policing. Let West Yorkshire have the highest turn out in the country. Stand up and be counted. (Impressive stuff, eh?)

I think I will be pointedly spoiling my ballot paper.

Fuxsake.

Â