Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

When my classes are cancelled and I'm left sitting at school all day just killing time on the internet. I should appreciate the break from the kids but the wasted time is killing me. I've started to try and learn Spanish online

I feel I SHOULD vote tonight. But I barely know WHAT I'm voting for, let alone WHO to vote for!

it'll be my first ever spoiled ballot this evening, quite exciting really

but what do I write? a simple NO right across it, or a none of the above, or what is this about I've had no info

to just not vote feels like they get away with it when the labour or tory candidate is voted in by 8% of the constituents

it'll be my first ever spoiled ballot this evening, quite exciting really

but what do I write? a simple NO right across it, or a none of the above, or what is this about I've had no info

to just not vote feels like they get away with it when the labour or tory candidate is voted in by 8% of the constituents

My point exactly. I believe in democracy, I always vote, and I've never done a spoiled ballot until now. But I think I want to make a point.

What the hell is the use of this role? As far as I can see, the only one they are clear on is that they will hire and fire chief constables. Well perhaps I'm missing something, but chief constables are already being hired and fired, and have been for years. Presumably this is currently done by some sort of committee, but it will now be done on the say-so of one (overtly party political) individual. Well that's a retrograde step in my opinion.

As for the rest of it, it's vague platitudes: I'll crack down on crime, I'll get bobbies back on the beat (AND cut the budget at the same time, 'cos I have to, like). Bullshit.

And they'll be paid 80 grand a year for it. Well that would pay for an extra couple of plods for a kickoff.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Police Commissioner elections.

A pointless, politicised 80 grand a year waste of public money.

And what deeply impressive manifestos here in West Yorkshire:

Mark Burns-Williamson (Labour)

Key pledges:

• Stand against the £100m Government cuts of around 2000 police officers and staff in West Yorkshire ("Stand against"? Well that's going to be effective, isn't it?)
  • Strong and swift action on antisocial behaviour (Yes? WHAT action, exactly?)
  • Be tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime, giving victims a greater voice (How original)

Geraldine Carter (Conservative)

Election statement:

• No more kid gloves – no special interests: there are communities that the police feel unable to tackle crime in because they fear the consequences. This is patronising to those communities and detrimental to law and order. (Yep, make the streets safe for white folks)

• Support victims, not criminals: victims should be able to decide the community punishment of offenders. (No, they most definitely should NOT)

• Cut Police paperwork: freeing police from unnecessary red tape so they have more time for frontline duties responding to the real concerns of their communities. Geraldine will put the Bobby back on the beat.Recruit 850 new Special Constables: the best form of policing is local community policing so Geraldine will recruit 850 new Community Special Constables protecting our streets. (Cut jobs and recruit low-paid inexperienced part-timers)

Andrew Marchington (Lib Dem)

Andrew’s priorities as Commissioner will be:

• Reducing red tape to protect frontline services and get more police on our streets (See the Tory candidate)
  • Get police and local communities working together to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour. (Er... HOW?)
  • Payback sentencing that helps victims, benefits communities and reduces reoffending.(See the Tory candidate)
  • Effective action to protect people from domestic violence and rape (Er... HOW?)

Cedric Christie (Independent, ex-copper)

Election statement:

At school in Leeds I stood up to bullies. (You couldn't make it up...)

I know the difference between right and wrong. I never allowed negative traits to influence my behaviour whilst serving you. (Blimey...)

I will chase the corrupt and incompetent out of office. They do not deserve your respect. Read my website. You will be shocked. (Oh, I was, guvnor, I was)

Show everyone you really care about policing. Let West Yorkshire have the highest turn out in the country. Stand up and be counted. (Impressive stuff, eh?)

I think I will be pointedly spoiling my ballot paper.

Fuxsake.

Similar in Kent Mike

3541266388.jpg

Tory Candidate: "Police look like paramilitaries - so the uniform needs to change. Lets put them in Suits with tall hats and shiny buttons again." Yup, because criminals respect a bloke with a bucket on his head far more than a bloke with a massive stick and a taser.....

No one else is worth listening to since you could shave an ape ( not sure they haven't) chuck it in a blue suit and get it elected.

Interesting I can see more than a passing resemblance to:

gothmog-lord-rings-return-king-totally-looks-like-mason-verger-hannibal.jpg

Whilst on the subject the Labour Party candidate has undergone a suspicious image change since the start of the campaign.....

Harriet%20Yeo_m.jpg Turned into: Harriet-Yeo-12.jpg

Â