Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Absolute 90s is my current choice. Sometimes i'll switch to 80s. 

This is what infects my ears every day at work. same songs every day.

One might get the impression that Beck only ever released Loser if you listen to this station.

We have one of them small dishes that you put tea bags on to cool down, I would prefer them to go in the bin but have that small dish so it’s fine. Except my wife and daughter put a tea bag on it and then instead of removing it to the bin when cool, add and add to it. Sometimes 6 or 7 bags. You can imagine how well it just went down that I asked them to put their teabags in the **** bin. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Tims confessions was excellent, used to listen most nights while playing on my dreamcast.

Jezza as well, aka Jeremy Kyle. He did that 2 strangers and a wedding stunt. He ended up marrying the woman afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Jezza as well, aka Jeremy Kyle. He did that 2 strangers and a wedding stunt. He ended up marrying the woman afterwards.

Ulrika Johnson once hosted a dating show and ended up dating, or even marrying the bloke that was on it herself.

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I used to like listening to BRMB, when it was a local station. Now, I think most are just broadcast from London.

I always have the radio on at home when i'm working - Absolute 90s is my current choice. Sometimes i'll switch to 80s. 

Genuinely shocks me that people still listen to the radio with the amount of podcasts/Spotify and the like out there.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah i think he came after Tim, right?

Wasn't as good once it changed IIRC.

35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely shocks me that people still listen to the radio with the amount of podcasts/Spotify and the like out there.

It shocks you?

Like when its revealed to you, you stagger about for a bit and have to sit down?  Think for a while and try to take it all in.  Have to maybe have a heart to heart with someone in your support network?

Because people still listen to the radio?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It shocks you?

Like when its revealed to you, you stagger about for a bit and have to sit down?  Think for a while and try to take it all in.  Have to maybe have a heart to heart with someone in your support network?

Nah, it just gives him a gentle buzz ;) 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It shocks you?

Not so much stagger about - more have a sharp intake of breath followed by a slight shaking of the head and a slow walk away.

Shocked GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

I listen to the radio all the time.  I like a bit of talking from an entertaining DJ mixed in with my music.  Usually Absolute Radio main channel then flick around the decades stations if something comes on I don't like.

Doubly especially in the car. I can't be arsed messing about to get data services and my memory stick with tunes on it ALWAYS starts from track 1 again so again I have to mess about changing the settings.

I do quite a lot of short journeys where I just need to get in the car and go and don't have time to fanny about.  The Radio is just there and on.

Edited by sidcow

10 hours ago, Xela said:

I used to like listening to BRMB, when it was a local station. Now, I think most are just broadcast from London.

I always have the radio on at home when i'm working - Absolute 90s is my current choice. Sometimes i'll switch to 80s. 

After the demise of Union jack radio, i moved to Greatest Hits radio for my brief school run and onto work journey  , about 25 mins a day 

And yet somehow, I've managed to hear Donna Summer I feel love about 6 times this week , so I'm gonna revert back to Absolute radio , even if I do find Dave Berry and co very tiresome , they are no Christian and Richie 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

We have one of them small dishes that you put tea bags on to cool down, I would prefer them to go in the bin but have that small dish so it’s fine. Except my wife and daughter put a tea bag on it and then instead of removing it to the bin when cool, add and add to it. Sometimes 6 or 7 bags. You can imagine how well it just went down that I asked them to put their teabags in the **** bin. 

Mrs h does that and also leaves randomly sliced lemons around the place as she likes to put a slice in her tea 

add that to putting dirty plates next to the dishwasher I'm close to going out to the patio with a tape measure to check she will definitely fit under the spot I've earmarked for her 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Mrs h does that and also leaves randomly sliced lemons around the place as she likes to put a slice in her tea 

add that to putting dirty plates next to the dishwasher I'm close to going out to the patio with a tap measure to check she will definitely fit under the spot I've earmarked for her 

I feel your pain Tony, another feature in this house is putting all recycling on the side as opposed to the recycle bin, as some other mug will do that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I listen to the radio all the time.  I like a bit of talking from an entertaining DJ mixed in with my music.  

Not 'arf !!

Alan_Freeman.gif

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I listen to the radio all the time.  I like a bit of talking from an entertaining DJ mixed in with my music.  Usually Absolute Radio main channel then flick around the decades stations if something comes on I don't like.

Doubly especially in the car. I can't be arsed messing about to get data services and my memory stick with tunes on it ALWAYS starts from track 1 again so again I have to mess about changing the settings.

I do quite a lot of short journeys where I just need to get in the car and go and don't have time to fanny about.  The Radio is just there and on.

Much easier on Spotify tbh - just pick a mix list of music and off you go (edit: obviously you don't get the entertaining DJ waffle though).  Will bring in some songs you've never heard, but will be "within" what you like in terms of genres.  The car will just automatically register that my phone is connected and will start playing whatever I last had on Spotify; less faf than picking a radio station or changing because the current song is bad or whatever.

Similarly, if you listen to podcasts, you know what you like so can just pop one on and off you go.

The radio just has so much waffle/adverts/crap music that it isn't worth my time at all.  It's almost like "unlimited texts" in a phone package - it exists, but it's just outdated and ignored :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Much easier on Spotify tbh - just pick a mix list of music and off you go (edit: obviously you don't get the entertaining DJ waffle though).  Will bring in some songs you've never heard, but will be "within" what you like in terms of genres.  The car will just automatically register that my phone is connected and will start playing whatever I last had on Spotify; less faf than picking a radio station or changing because the current song is bad or whatever.

Similarly, if you listen to podcasts, you know what you like so can just pop one on and off you go.

The radio just has so much waffle/adverts/crap music that it isn't worth my time at all.  It's almost like "unlimited texts" in a phone package - it exists, but it's just outdated and ignored :D 

SPotify's alogos are shite for picking music you might like.

In the many years I've been on it, it still plays rap music with vocoder vocals at me every week, doesn't matter how many times I skip this shit. It's problem is that it deals in genres and  its genres are wank

I like early period Bowie, it doesn't stop it playing risible shite after Scary Monsters at me

I like the last three Talk Talk albums, which are completely different to the first two Pop vs Post rock. It's My Life.......

For all they claim, it's shite

Just now, bickster said:

SPotify's alogos are shite for picking music you might like.

In the many years I've been on it, it still plays rap music with vocoder vocals at me every week, doesn't matter how many times I skip this shit. It's problem is that it deals in genres and  its genres are wank

I like early period Bowie, it doesn't stop it playing risible shite after Scary Monsters at me

I like the last three Talk Talk albums, which are completely different to the first two Pop vs Post rock. It's My Life.......

For all they claim, it's shite

I think "shite" is a bit strong - "sometimes not right" is more apt from what I've heard.  And then it's a simple press of "->" to go to the next track.

Also depends which mix you're on.  The radio ones (where it links to an artist) are better for similar tracks; although I find that sometimes it's too many of the same artist popping up.

Â