Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 15/06/2021 at 13:18, foreveryoung said:

Thinking of going electric, been looking at a Model 3 Tesla but no one offers extended road tests, so I googled, as you do, an a well know hire company now rents them, not cheap, but thought we can go down the coast this weekend and test it out. So called I them, they haven't got a model 3 only a Tesla S, which is great no problem all booked. I thought I would call the local branch where it is booked to confirm the booking. "We can't guarantee a Tesla for you, but we will put you in a premium car". I have a premium  car why would I want anything else?  Also there knowledge of the car was next to zero, asking how do I charge it, "there are plenty of charging stations around". Errrr, thanks for that, I'll be back on the phone to head office!!

So this didn't happen. On the day before I was ment to pick up they said they had a car but it wasn't charged, an because it was a older tesla it wouldn't super charge so would take 18 hours for them, or me to charge from a standard 3 pin plug. I wasn't pissed, as I knew they couldn't do it, just knew it!!

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Almost anything. Mainly transfer suggestions and Grealish.. 

We're (as a club) in the best condition for many years yet fans seem to take joy in finding fault. Annoying. 

Doesn't piss me off too much but I do wonder why some fans think whatever we pay in transfer fee/salary for players personally affects them.

It's not my money, I don't **** care!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Doesn't piss me off too much but I do wonder why some fans think whatever we pay in transfer fee/salary for players personally affects them.

at the moment it looks like matty cash could post on his insta that grass is green and the sky is blue and someone would take offence to it

On 19/06/2021 at 17:22, Xela said:

It is Tamworth. Cost of a short back and sides is 3 groats and a hammered. 

I was going to say why not just hand the expired gold nugget to Tamworth’s local prospector who would have swapped it for some salted beef @Genie

troll GIF

Edited by SuperTed
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Exactly.

I too have witnessed this lately. Who gives a damn!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I suspect their thinking is that if we (as they perceive it) 'overspend' on a player, that blows too much of the theoretical budget and prevents us buying other players. Personally, I assume our board knows exactly what they are doing - certainly more than a bunch of armchair Football Manager gamers. 

• Like 3

Pretty much everything is grown for shelflife and durability now rather than flavour, I do wonder how many delicious types of apples and other fruits we're missing out on because they're not as profitable.

Bananas are the same. Bananas used to taste much better until about the 60s when Panama disease wiped out the harvest of the most popular banana, now we're stuck with bland, woody cavendish bananas because they're resistant to it.

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Pretty much everything is grown for shelflife and durability now rather than flavour, I do wonder how many delicious types of apples and other fruits we're missing out on because they're not as profitable.

Bananas are the same. Bananas used to taste much better until about the 60s when Panama disease wiped out the harvest of the most popular banana, now we're stuck with bland, woody cavendish bananas because they're resistant to it.

Could it be,  some things always seem better in the olden days ? As in your memory might be at fault a little bit ?

I have sort of the the same thing with Cadburys chocolate. 

I even emailed them about it and I said the recipe had changed but they assured me it hasn't but I have eaten it since birth and I am sure it's completely different now.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

11 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Could it be,  some things always seem better in the olden days ? As in your memory might be at fault a little bit ?

I have sort of the the same thing with Cadburys chocolate. 

I even emailed them about it and I said the recipe had changed but they assured me it hasn't but I have eaten it since birth and I am sure it's completely different now.

They 100% confirmed in the media in 2019 that they changed the recipe of Cadbury's Dairy Milk.   It was widely reported and with quotes from Cadburys/Mondelez.

30% less sugar for a start - they marketed the change in recipe as a good thing!

Edited by ender4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ender4 said:

They 100% confirmed in the media in 2019 that they changed the recipe of Cadbury's Dairy Milk.   It was widely reported and with quotes from Cadburys/Mondelez.

I asked them before that.  I didn't know about any of that. 

Makes sense now.

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Nope, with bananas it's a proven thing. In some parts of the world you can still get the "gros Michel" banana which is the old version, and apparently it tastes almost exactly like those banana flavoured sweets. They're just too vulnerable to disease so the most farmed variety is the Cavendish even though it's not as good.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

30% less sugar for a start - they marketed the change in recipe as a good thing!

Have you got a source? Because I'm not sure this is true.

My OH works in the industry and as far as she knows, only the recipe for creme eggs changed. And they brought out a 30% less sugar version of dairy milk, but they still sell the original

It's something that is consistently thrown around but it seems to be largely a myth.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have you got a source? Because I'm not sure this is true.

My OH works in the industry and as far as she knows, only the recipe for creme eggs changed. And they brought out a 30% less sugar version of dairy milk, but they still sell the original

It's something that is consistently thrown around but it seems to be largely a myth.

This can't be true, they added waste product from a dripping pipe for many months no so long ago

Â