Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have you got a source? Because I'm not sure this is true.

My OH works in the industry and as far as she knows, only the recipe for creme eggs changed. And they brought out a 30% less sugar version of dairy milk, but they still sell the original

It's something that is consistently thrown around but it seems to be largely a myth.

Maybe its the low sugar version they were talking about in that case? 

I just googled and definitely a recipe change by lowering the sugar.  Not clear whether this is an additional new bar or the original bar which has less sugar.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Maybe its the low sugar version they were talking about in that case? 

I just googled and definitely a recipe change by lowering the sugar.  Not clear whether this is an additional new bar or the original bar which has less sugar.

It's a different bar

91668.png

80649.png

Both still available

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Could it be,  some things always seem better in the olden days ? As in your memory might be at fault a little bit ?

I have sort of the the same thing with Cadburys chocolate. 

I even emailed them about it and I said the recipe had changed but they assured me it hasn't but I have eaten it since birth and I am sure it's completely different now.

It’s all went downhill when they changed the money and the measurement system, everything instantly became less and as a result was messed with to accommodate the fact

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s all went downhill when they changed the money

Don't get the Euro FFS.  I lived here for the flip of currency.

I  am sure there was a cover up of some kind,  the inflation must have been amazing.

I think it was 1.4 to 1 (Gilder) ,  not sure . But a lot of things seemed to go up in price.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There was a cadbury that was yellow and purple I think with some caramel nougat thing inside. Was ace. They copied thst into some Norwegian chocolate.

Picnic? Double Decker?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The shit that companies try to spin as "benefits" in their job ads.

"Comprehensive benefits package including....company pension (3% contribution)". Congratulations on providing the bare minimum to meet your statutory obligations as an employer.

I saw one that boasted about providing a laptop, which is a relief because I was worried I'd need to provide my own computer?!

If you have to scrape the barrel that much to flesh out a job ad, I think I'll look elsewhere

I am surprised at how little some companies offer. Or maybe i've become accustomed to what I get. My company puts 10% in my pension as standard and will match me for another 7%.

I get substantial life assurance/illness cover/accident cover/income protection/car breakdown cover - all for a pittance per month - the benefits of working for a financial institution I guess.

Some of my friends don't even get sick pay? Thats seems crazy to me. 

• Like 2

I only get 10%, but in my experience that's really hard to beat in tech (unless working for finance companies), and I put in another 15%.

Too many people just don't care, and look at the pay, but don't even consider the other benefits. I've had recruiters think I'm crazy for rejecting offers despite a "pay increase" because it's a cut by the time I increase my pension contributions by what it'd take to maintain my current funding.

A lot of people think the default contributions with the default funds (almost universally far too risk-averse with far higher fees than other options) is good enough. We're in for a crisis when millennials get to retirement age and discover that they, well, can't.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We're in for a crisis when millennials get to retirement age and discover that they, well, can't.

They'll be shocked when they discover that paying £50 a month for 30 years doesn't equate to a £2k per month pension. 

I still kick myself for not hoying more into my pension earlier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They'll be shocked when they discover that paying £50 a month for 30 years doesn't equate to a £2k per month pension. 

I still kick myself for not hoying more into my pension earlier. 

I'm not in love with blaming a generation of people for this, particularly when that generation hasn't been responsible for diverting productive capital into ballooning property prices.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not in love with blaming a generation of people for this, particularly when that generation hasn't been responsible for diverting productive capital into ballooning property prices.

I dont think they're to blame but it does appear that a lot of people under 40 are not as financially aware as previous generations. 

I know a fair few people who have maxed themselves out on mortgages to get a big impressive house (often way more then they actually need) and haven't given any thought as to what happens if they lose their jobs, get ill, have a baby or rates increase etc. 

They all have young families but look surprised when I say we bought a lot cheaper then we could afford. I know a lot of people can't afford to do this and do get stretched but a lot of people I talk to about it seem surprised it's even a consideration. 

They're also surprised that I've got a will in place, that I put a lot into my pension and have insurance cover against injury, accident, death etc. 

I think a lot of younger people haven't been educated to think about these things. That's not a failing on them though. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

now we're stuck with bland, woody cavendish bananas because they're resistant to it.

I think they're on the way out too, for a similar reason. Banana covid or whatever it's called is killing them all.

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think they're on the way out too, for a similar reason. Banana covid or whatever it's called is killing them all.

Yeah, as I understand it, this is right. (I think it's called 'Panama Disease' by the way :D)

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, as I understand it, this is right. (I think it's called 'Panama Disease' by the way :D)

"Goodwood Variant", if you please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â