Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

“Hmmm, my ensemble today then...white glasses - yep, Dick Dastardly/Pringles logo hybrid moustache - yep, transparent jacket complete with exploding purple powder - yep. But are the blue jeans a bit ‘much’?”

Catching up with VT after the weekend. Now I’m back ‘working’ I’ve got time to post, the problem is I feel I need to read every thread from where I last left them. 

FOMO I assume, but it does my head in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I just got a bonus for my 5 years of service at work.

80 quid.

**** yeah

better than a kick in the nuts or a slap in the face with a wet kipper.

TBH ive never worked at a place that gave you something extra just because you have been working there for 5 years.   A free bonus £80 sounds nice.

80 quid.

**** yeah

£80 more than I got :D 

Although I do get an extra day off every 5th year.

80 quid.

**** yeah

2006 for 5 years at Capgemini they gave you a catalogue and you could choose your gift. I got a great luggage set I still use. Admittedly back then I would have preferred 80 quid.  

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

80 quid.

**** yeah

I got a tie pin for 10 years! 

• Like 1

I think I got 50 quid (or an engraved plate, which obviously I declined) for 25 years. Two quid a year bonus, gee thanks. At least I was on 35 days holiday by then. 

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"Would you like to use the self serve as this till should only really be for collection and returns"

Okay so all tills now at boots are self serve. Suck my balls want me to stack the shelves for you too.

Go to the perfume counter. The perfume counter will always have a staffed till. The staff have to unlock a lot of the product from glass cabinets and the staff get very small bonuses for hitting certain modest sales targets.

My daughter worked there for a year before Uni.

FFS playing some boss tunes to educate my grandson, he is taking this as his cue to show me youtube videos of “Sirenhead”. He will not win this war. 

The staircase in the new house some steps that are triangular as the stairs curl around the wall. We need to cut out plastic sheets to give to the carpenter (no idea why we don't just get measurements but hey)

We go to the house and the Mrs' solution is to get the plastic sheet, lay it on each step and cut it to the shape of the stair. 

Mine is to measure each step, take a photo so we know which is which, go back home, lay the sheet on the flat floor on the garage, draw the triangles using chalk and cut them out. 

Been here half an hour doing her method because she won't do mine and we've done one step...

Seven to go. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â