Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's pretty clear here that I don't think so? 

There's not much else UEFA could have done at this point in time. You can't prevent the attempt of a breakaway. All you can do is deal with it once it happens. The punishments are going to have to be legally robust and appropriate. That takes time. Literally in the last 24 hours UEFA have opened proceedings against the clubs involved. It's only 5 weeks since the whole thing began, and it has already effectively been nipped in the bud and the clubs facing punishments. If anything I think UEFA are acting quicker than I'd have expected them to. I'd like to know what you would have expected to have happened by this stage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I was out the house on Sunday morning and Mrs P cleaned and tidied the house as her friends were coming round in the afternoon.

Monday;

Me: "Do you know where the notepad is that I use for work?"

Her: "It should be in the pile of paperwork in that drawer"

Me: "It's not"

Her: "Oh. I don't know then."

A few minutes later;

Me: "Where have you put my laptop charger?"

Her: "It's in that box, under the table, with your earphones"

Me: "Neither are in that box"

Her: "I don't know then"

Later on;

Me: "Do you know where my slippers are?"

Her: "I think I put them under that chair"

Me: "They're not there"

Her: "Hmm, I don't know then."

That evening;

Me: "Where are my..." - well you get the picture.

She must tidy the house like the Tasmanian Devil with Alzheimer's. 

Yep, I get this a lot. 

I can understand forgetting where you put something a few days ago but only within a few hours, how? You've physically picked something up and put it down again somewhere else. How can you not remember doing that? 

Also see not being able to find something (important) when it's not in the place where it's supposed to be..... Why have you suddenly decided to put it somewhere else? It's supposed to go there so we know where it is. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's not much else UEFA could have done at this point in time. You can't prevent the attempt of a breakaway. All you can do is deal with it once it happens. The punishments are going to have to be legally robust and appropriate. That takes time. Literally in the last 24 hours UEFA have opened proceedings against the clubs involved. It's only 5 weeks since the whole thing began, and it has already effectively been nipped in the bud and the clubs facing punishments. If anything I think UEFA are acting quicker than I'd have expected them to. I'd like to know what you would have expected to have happened by this stage.

Another part of the problem is that some of the ramifications and punishments will take place in a forum that none of us get to see or ever truly know the impact of

They'll all shot themselves in the foot when they quit the various UEFA panels and committees and now there's no chance of them being allowed back on them, what does that mean? Not a clue but I can imagine it's not good for them 

There seems to be an unrealistic expectation that there will be an on the nose there for everyone to see kind of punishment and that's not looking like the case but that doesn't mean they're doing nothing 

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I was out the house on Sunday morning and Mrs P cleaned and tidied the house as her friends were coming round in the afternoon.

Monday;

Me: "Do you know where the notepad is that I use for work?"

Her: "It should be in the pile of paperwork in that drawer"

Me: "It's not"

Her: "Oh. I don't know then."

A few minutes later;

Me: "Where have you put my laptop charger?"

Her: "It's in that box, under the table, with your earphones"

Me: "Neither are in that box"

Her: "I don't know then"

Later on;

Me: "Do you know where my slippers are?"

Her: "I think I put them under that chair"

Me: "They're not there"

Her: "Hmm, I don't know then."

That evening;

Me: "Where are my..." - well you get the picture.

She must tidy the house like the Tasmanian Devil with Alzheimer's. 

I'm still recovering items from a similar experience from the last weekend.

I have one rule that is obeyed though. "Do not touch my vinyl"

• Like 1

The expression "I am reaching out to you" or "why don't you reach out to"

I don't know why, it just irritates me.  Probably because it's become fashionable and everyone is using it and I suspect it's come from America.

What's wrong with just contacting people?  It's worked for decades just fine.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The expression "I am reaching out to you" or "why don't you reach out to"

I don't know why, it just irritates me.  Probably because it's become fashionable and everyone is using is and I suspect it's come from America.

What's wrong with just contacting people?  it's worked for decades just fine.

You can add Touching Base to that one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I disagree. They could have kicked them out of the CL and the UEFA cup. They could have prevented them being qualified for 2021/2022.

And they haven't opened proceedings against the clubs involved from what I can see. They have opened proceedings against the 3 clubs that are still sticking with it. The English clubs are not looked at.

They could have taken a proper stand here and they've failed to do so.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Someone I work with got married a month or so ago, and has started signing her emails "Mrs <surname>", and I can't think of a way to address it that doesn't involve me calling her a word removed. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Someone I work with got married a month or so ago, and has started signing her emails "Mrs <surname>", and I can't think of a way to address it that doesn't involve me calling her a word removed. 

Strange surname that. I would get it changed by deed poll, the kids are going to go through hell at school otherwise. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just reply to Dear Ms

Women who don't indicate on their e-mails their marital status.  How am I supposed to know how to address them? 

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Women who don't indicate on their e-mails their marital status.  How am I supposed to know how to address them? 

Warning: Does contain an F word

• Haha 1

Pointless email responses from threads started from them.

"Thank you"

You want to thank me, don't email me.

"Thanks, I've done this and that now."

I never asked. Don't care. Doesn't affect me.

"Thanks for this, this was most helpful"

I know, that's why I sent it you mug!

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Darling or sweetheart 👍

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

This will amuse viewers familiar with my eating habits 

Instead of munching my way through countless chocolate bars at work yesterday I took a little pot of carrots and red cabbage to nibble on instead.

anyhows , around 22:00 last night my stomach was solid and bloated to the point I expected an alien to suddenly burst out of it .

around 00:00 I came out in sweats and proceeded to puke everywhere , this was repeated about 20 times until around 5am when the shaking and the vomiting finally stopped

needless to say I was back on the Cadbury’s at work today 

maybe it was something else and not the healthy stuff but , hey , why take the risk 

It was your body rejecting your faux veganism. 

• Haha 2

Â