Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The staircase in the new house some steps that are triangular as the stairs curl around the wall. We need to cut out plastic sheets to give to the carpenter (no idea why we don't just get measurements but hey)

We go to the house and the Mrs' solution is to get the plastic sheet, lay it on each step and cut it to the shape of the stair. 

Mine is to measure each step, take a photo so we know which is which, go back home, lay the sheet on the flat floor on the garage, draw the triangles using chalk and cut them out. 

Been here half an hour doing her method because she won't do mine and we've done one step...

Seven to go. 

That sounds like a disaster.

Tell the carpenter to visit the house and make his own measurements. Then if stuff doesn’t fit it’s his fault not yours (and thus the rectification cost is his too).

• Like 3

He's 3 hours away and her dad is going to that area this week so he asked to bring these sheets. 

I even asked why we don't just take measurements but my dad isn't the builder so I'm shut up quickly 

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's 3 hours away and her dad is going to that area this week so he asked to bring these sheets. 

I even asked why we don't just take measurements but my dad isn't the builder so I'm shut up quickly 

He has a get out of jail free card now for anything that may go wrong. 
I’d tell him he needs to visit and measure if he wants the job (sounds like this ship has sailed though).

I’d have thought an experienced builder like the father in law would not want to be exposed to this risk.

This is all arse about face. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

FFS playing some boss tunes to educate my grandson, he is taking this as his cue to show me youtube videos of “Sirenhead”. He will not win this war. 

Well that's something I did not need to know existed and would kinda like the last 5 minutes of my life back. 

How the hell did that get 1m likes on YouTube. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Well that's something I did not need to know existed and would kinda like the last 5 minutes of my life back. 

How the hell did that get 1m likes on YouTube. 

Trust me it was new to me as well. My grandson is an avid viewer of what can only be described as weird shit. 

I've got a £500 bonus due next month for my 20 year service. 

Funny thing is it doesn't feel anything like working for the same company. 

Started in 2001 working for a partnership (still a big Birmingham firm though).  Then the main man bought out his partner and he made a lot of changes. Then we were sold to a consolidator so became part of a medium sized firm, then after a few years they really ramped it up and we became a big national firm.  They kept buying other offices to bolt onto our office. Then we got bought by a huge global corporation so we are part of a multinational company and they've bought other firms to bolt onto our office. 

So I started out in an office of about 60, now we have about 200.  Every iteration of these changes has fundamentally changed the office and pretty much always for the better / what was needed. So I've had 1 job but it feels like I've had about 5.   I think there are now only about 5 or 6 of the very original people left though. 

Anyway, they are giving me a bonus for working for different companies for so long which is kind of weird. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've got a £500 bonus due next month for my 20 year service. 

Funny thing is it doesn't feel anything like working for the same company. 

Started in 2001 working for a partnership (still a big Birmingham firm though).  Then the main man bought out his partner and he made a lot of changes. Then we were sold to a consolidator so became part of a medium sized firm, then after a few years they really ramped it up and we became a big national firm.  They kept buying other offices to bolt onto our office. Then we got bought by a huge global corporation so we are part of a multinational company and they've bought other firms to bolt onto our office. 

So I started out in an office of about 60, now we have about 200.  Every iteration of these changes has fundamentally changed the office and pretty much always for the better / what was needed. So I've had 1 job but it feels like I've had about 5.   I think there are now only about 5 or 6 of the very original people left though. 

Anyway, they are giving me a bonus for working for different companies for so long which is kind of weird. 

After tax, NI and pension contributions you’ll be about to buy a cinema ticket.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

After tax, NI and pension contributions you’ll be about to buy a cinema ticket.

I can't quite remember, I've a feeling it's actually £750 so in my mind about £500.  Might be wrong, I had better check! 

On 31/05/2021 at 20:38, mjmooney said:

Glow Up: Britain's Next Makeup Star. 

Look, OK, I know I'm not their target audience, but FFS come ON... 

Dominic-Skinner.jpg

Whisper it, but I quite like Glow Up. I know, and want to know, nothing about makeup, but I like these Bake Off knock offs. Although in this case a lot of the enjoyment comes from a combination of the ridiculously serious takes on something so pointless, the absurdly 'arch artiste' takes on some of the work done, and ultimately how rubbish a lot of the work is.

• Shocked 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I can't quite remember, I've a feeling it's actually £750 so in my mind about £500.  Might be wrong, I had better check! 

Good timing with the season tickets going on sale though RWJ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Our **** milk delivery. The milkman delivered todays milk at **** 23.38 last night. 

Our neighbours started getting groceries delivered by a local company at the start of the first lockdown. He’d deliver at 2am and leave bags on their doorstep.

When you go to a new pizza place that has a creative menu with interesting ingredients so you think maybe they use cutting edge technique in how the execute their pie, but it's terrible.

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Our **** milk delivery. The milkman delivered todays milk at **** 23.38 last night. 

You have a milkman? 

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Â