Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You have a milkman? 

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

My reasons are two fold. Reusable glass bottles and not plastics and also local independent. Had a milkman for a couple of years. Small gesture. 

• Like 2

I ordered from amazon fresh yesterday. Placed my order at 7pm and it was delivered at 9.30pm. Usual mix of groceries but the main reason for ordering was i craved some marmite breakfast biscuits and i can't find them for love nor money in most supermarkets.....also, i couldn't be arsed to go out and buy them myself.

Sounds sad, but i liked the way they came bagged up in thick heavy duty brown paper bags, like what you see in american stores (on tv anyway).

Edited by mottaloo

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My reasons are two fold. Reusable glass bottles and not plastics and also local independent. Had a milkman for a couple of years. Small gesture. 

I get all my herbs n spices and stuff like that from a little place in the market that sells it all loose.

I take my own little glass jars and they refill them.

A tiny middle class gesture, but it’s a good thing to do. Again, small independent local store, re use of glass bottles.

I know it’s slightly offset by driving to Great Yarmouth and back yesterday but hey, I was hyper milling! Got mid 60’s out of a non-hybrid petrol automatic. You couple that with re using my coriander jar and I reckon I’ve saved a puffin. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I get all my herbs n spices and stuff like that from a little place in the market that sells it all loose.

I take my own little glass jars and they refill them.

A tiny middle class gesture, but it’s a good thing to do. Again, small independent local store, re use of glass bottles.

I know it’s slightly offset by driving to Great Yarmouth and back yesterday but hey, I was hyper milling! Got mid 60’s out of a non-hybrid petrol automatic. You couple that with re using my coriander jar and I reckon I’ve saved a puffin. 

There is a local place called Roots Larder and they are fantastic. All of our detergents are from them in refillable bottles, all our cereal comes in paper bags, all the herbs and spices. Yes definitely a middle class thing as its more expensive but if I can do it, I will. That and my pre 1990 motorhome punching its own hole in the ozone layer. 

• Like 1

I had an online delivery from Morrisons purely because I wanted to order Wainwright Golden Ale in cans.  Ordered a couple of other bits and bobs off the back of it.

Order arrives with no Ale.  Makes me so angry.  I'm going to re-order with the beer only so if they don't have any they can just cancel the bloody order!

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I ordered from amazon fresh yesterday. Placed my order at 7pm and it was delivered at 9.30pm. Usual mix of groceries but the main reason for ordering was i craved some marmite breakfast biscuits and i can't find them for love nor money in most supermarkets.....also, i couldn't be arsed to go out and buy them myself.

Sounds sad, but i liked the way they came bagged up in thick heavy duty brown paper bags, like what you see in american stores (on tv anyway).

I believe there is currently a national Marmite shortage? My mum was going on about this the other day, apparently they haven't been brewing as much because of lockdown or something. Might be complete bollocks to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I believe there is currently a national Marmite shortage? My mum was going on about this the other day, apparently they haven't been brewing as much because of lockdown or something. Might be complete bollocks to be honest.

On the list of first world problems I think there may be a shallot shortage too, haven't been able to get any, even frozen already diced ones for weeks

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I think Amazon use Morrisons (at least that's where I've seen Amazon Fresh staff getting their items) so that would probably be a good place to check for your biscuits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I had an online delivery from Morrisons purely because I wanted to order Wainwright Golden Ale in cans.  Ordered a couple of other bits and bobs off the back of it.

Order arrives with no Ale.  Makes me so angry.  I'm going to re-order with the beer only so if they don't have any they can just cancel the bloody order!

You can order direct from the RIngwood Brewery with the added advantage of them coming in bottles not cans. £37.50 for a case of 24, you have to buy in multiples of 12 or 24 but they sell Wainwright in 8's But that also means you can add some of the other beers they sell, which includes Bank's Amber Bitter (they sell beers by a few other Breweries too)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I accept responsibility for the Ale desire, but not for the no-show.

48 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Americans referring to pizza as "pie". 

Thanks to @maqroll for the prompt. 

That had confused me!

What the hell do they call actual pies then?

Here is a photo of Tipton's favourite Pizza Parlour*

* which seems to have relocated to open countryside

Mad_O_rourkes_1563181822.jpg&action=Prod

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You can order direct from the RIngwood Brewery with the added advantage of them coming in bottles not cans. £37.50 for a case of 24, you have to buy in multiples of 12 or 24 but they sell Wainwright in 8's But that also means you can add some of the other beers they sell, which includes Bank's Amber Bitter (they sell beers by a few other Breweries too)

Thing is, believe it or not I actually PREFER it from cans.  I find bottled beer to gassy.  Also the cans come in at £1.12 per can v £1.56 per bottle so I actually pay less for something I prefer............as long as the bear stewards turn up with it.

Thing is, it's been showing as out of stock for months so I was so excited to see it actually in stock again.  But it really isn't.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That had confused me!

What the hell do they call actual pies then?

At least in Canada, in my experience what we would call pies are not widely available. And I think they are or would probably be called 'pasties'.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

At least in Canada, in my experience what we would call pies are not widely available. And I think they are or would probably be called 'pasties'.

doctor who house GIF

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Amazon use Morrisons (at least that's where I've seen Amazon Fresh staff getting their items) so that would probably be a good place to check for your biscuits

Yes, you're right. Thing is, i went morrisons online and they aren't on there - perhaps it might be different if i poppedin. I used to buy them from waitrose but the nearest one to me is in lichfield. 

Bottom line is i am lazy at the moment and get a buzz out of the fact that I can have my shopping picked, bagged and delivered without even moving from my Homer Simpson ass grooved seat.

• Like 1

Â