Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I completely disagree.

What other show makes you guess for weeks which celebrity is singing in the snail costume and then reveal it's Kermit.

masked-singer-kermit.jpeg?format=jpg&qua

I’ve just seen that for the first time and it was so funny it broke me. I hate the show but whoever had that idea on the production team is a genius.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

She’s actually really good and a lovely person but has been victim of the channel 4/Dave watered down and made annoying thing.

I liked her in a small role in a US show called "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" about a stereotypical American idiot sent to London to launch a new energy drink and gets trolled by his local employee.   It's quite funny if you like Arrested Development, as it stars David Cross and Will Arnett playing similar characters.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I have received your advice with interest. 

I will not be watching Gogglebox, Ex on the Beach or Big Brother. 

90% of my TV viewing will remain European crime dramas, quiz programmes (Pointless, Mastermind, University Challenge, Only Connect), music & history documentaries and the occasional outdoorsy/travel thing. No game shows, no soaps, no 'reality' TV, no sitcoms. 

Could have written that myself , just with more spelling errors and poor punctuation.

I might slightly differ with you on “sitcoms” though ... as I’m a fan of Simpsons , family guy and a few others that I guess would get classed as “sitcoms”

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My missus has got me in to that bake off programme...........and i have to admit i quite like it after years of saying it sounds like a load of b*******

Quite similar, My missus has got me into First Dates Hotel.

Some of it is bloody amusing at times with the people that go on it.

I find Merlin working behind the bar is hillarious.

Again, it's also something that I had been saying for years was aload of shite but it's actually not too bad once you give it a watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Could have written that myself , just with more spelling errors and poor punctuation.

I might slightly differ with you on “sitcoms” though ... as I’m a fan of Simpsons , family guy and a few others that I guess would get classed as “sitcoms”

Simpsons used to be good, haven't watched it for years. There are a handful of sitcoms that I've liked - Cheers and Father Ted being the cream of the bunch, but generally speaking they don't appeal. Certainly none currently. 

The missus does watch a few shows that I wouldn't have chosen myself, but nothing so awful that I have to leave the room - Casualty, Gardeners' World, Strictly and some of the 'property' programmes (Escape to the Country, Restoration Man, etc.) 

25 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Throw-away society!

My kettle has developed a fault, the release-button for the lid gets stuck at times,  thus preventing me from closing it. As it is pretty new I asked the store how to go about returning it and fix it.

They told me to cut the cord and send them a picture of it and I will get a refund as they don't have the model in stock anymore. Then throw it away.

I mean, that's good service and all. But throwing away a perfectly good product because of a sticky button drives me up the wall. I will cut the cord and then reattach it, and fix the bloody button. AND take their money. 😠

I’ve had a few faulty bits from Amazon where they have just given me a refund and told me I can keep it / fix it / throw it away as I please.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My missus gets me into all manner of crap that I said I’d never watch, Catfish, Botched, Geordie Shore......absolute crap but after being forced to watch x amount of episodes you get into it.....it’s like a form of torture i think.

Doesn’t work in reverse either very often but I did get her to sit through the full Band of Brothers box set once.

Catfish and 90 Day Fiancée are things I have been forced to watch and become a big fan of due to this 

I’ve watched a few Catfish episodes, it feels too setup and manufactured to be believable.

I expect the shows producers / presenters know the ending early on and just pad it out for drama.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve watched a few Catfish episodes, it feels too setup and manufactured to be believable.

I expect the shows producers / presenters know the ending early on and just pad it out for drama.

Yep this.

The original film is very good though

Toilet at work. Self enclosed not a cubicle. When you lock the door the handle outside goes red. Standard stuff. You know.

Every **** day without fail I will be having a shit and be disturbed by some **** moron trying to yank the door of its hinges.

It is locked mate. The clue is it is red you **** bellend. It ain't the same person either. It's been 10 pissing years of this. 

Can a man not have a dump in peace without fear of the door being ripped off the wall.

Idiots.

Morons. 

clearings in the woods 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I didn’t know about a film, I’ll look it up 👍

The film is a documentary of it happening to Nev, the guy who presents the TV show.

It's really good. I think the authenticity of it has been questioned by some people but taken at face value it's a really good watch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Toilet at work. Self enclosed not a cubicle. When you lock the door the handle outside goes red. Standard stuff. You know.

Every **** day without fail I will be having a shit and be disturbed by some **** moron trying to yank the door of its hinges.

It is locked mate. The clue is it is red you **** bellend. It ain't the same person either. It's been 10 pissing years of this. 

Can a man not have a dump in peace without fear of the door being ripped off the wall.

Idiots.

Morons. 

clearings in the woods 

red and green are a particularly poor choice of colours for the colour blind

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Simpsons used to be good, haven't watched it for years. There are a handful of sitcoms that I've liked - Cheers and Father Ted being the cream of the bunch, but generally speaking they don't appeal. Certainly none currently.

Until this conversation, it had never occurred to me that anybody would describe the Simpsons as a 'sitcom'. I feel like 'sitcoms' and 'animation/cartoons' are just different things.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The film is a documentary of it happening to Nev, the guy who presents the TV show.

It's really good. I think the authenticity of it has been questioned by some people but taken at face value it's a really good watch

Nev comes across a bit creepy in it if you ask me, despite him being the victim.

• Like 1

For those of you who like “Catfish”, you probably could do worse than watching “Talhotblond”, the 2009 documentary. From memory, it’s fairly low budget but it’s a fairly diverting look at when catfishing goes really wrong.

• Like 1

Â