Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, veloman said:

Very rarely post on Facebook so not very savvy on it but  ... a good mate and Villa Supporter for some 50 odd years got a 'yellow card' for one of his posts. The post referred to "faggots and peas"  - a well known Black Country dish. Presumably , FB disliked 'Faggot'; my mates politics are slightly to the left of Tony Benn so Political Correctness is quite important to him. This seems madness to me.

I've seen similar on Twitter recently. People getting accounts banned for using the monkey emojis in the same posts as black players. Not in a malicious way, in the way anyone would use them.

Like "Lingard scores 2 goals and instead I've transferred Neto into my FPL team and he got injured in the first minute 😂🙈"

Social media must have put algorithms in for certain words or combinations that result in immediate bans. 

16 minutes ago, veloman said:

Very rarely post on Facebook so not very savvy on it but  ... a good mate and Villa Supporter for some 50 odd years got a 'yellow card' for one of his posts. The post referred to "faggots and peas"  - a well known Black Country dish. Presumably , FB disliked 'Faggot'; my mates politics are slightly to the left of Tony Benn so Political Correctness is quite important to him. This seems madness to me.

Yet when you report a blatantly sexist or racist post Facebook always comes back with 'did not violate our acceptable use policy'. Utterly useless.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've seen similar on Twitter recently. People getting accounts banned for using the monkey emojis in the same posts as black players. Not in a malicious way, in the way anyone would use them.

Like "Lingard scores 2 goals and instead I've transferred Neto into my FPL team and he got injured in the first minute 😂🙈"

Social media must have put algorithms in for certain words or combinations that result in immediate bans. 

Genuinely don’t get it. Must admit my use of emojis is pretty low but what does the monkey emoji mean?

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Genuinely don’t get it. Must admit my use of emojis is pretty low but what does the monkey emoji mean?

It's the very famous "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys in emoji form. Never even nearly racist.

🙈🙉🙊

Yet the whatsapp on my phone has a literal blackface/gollywog emoji. I have no idea when that would ever be appropriate to use. It's bizarre that it's there, but it is :lol:

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That particular one is usually used in a sort of I’m embarrassed/shy/cheeky sort of way. 

like maybe “oh my god I just walked in on my parents having sex 🙈

or using the same analogy

”how embarrassing I made the wrong decision on FPL 🙈

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's the very famous "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys in emoji form. Never even nearly racist.

🙈🙉🙊

Yet the whatsapp on my phone has a literal blackface/gollywog emoji. I have no idea when that would ever be appropriate to use. It's bizarre that it's there, but it is :lol:

Parents (and grandparents) of small children must have seen the Cbeebies program 'Tee and Mo' - mummy monkey and her naughty baby monkey. They have quite distinct West Indian accents. Whose idea was that? 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

how embarrassing I made the wrong decision on FPL 🙈

I still have Grealish in my team, managed to change it in time 

Edited by Genie

Booked a day off today so Mrs Sidcow thinks I should be vaccing the house. 

How can I be expected to write extra bollocks on VT if I'm vaccing the house? 

• Like 2

On 13/04/2021 at 14:57, sharkyvilla said:

My brother and his wife run the local football club shop and asked me to help show off and wear some of their stock tonight for their reopening.  I've been whinging about it to about 6 other people on text saying can't they just get a mannequin, but I've only just realised I've been calling it 'ramekin' instead of 'mannequin'.  I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Oh wow this reminds me of an email I wrote in anger 20 years ago, I sent to members of my team in my first week on the job. We were making pipes for air con units, I was fuming at the mess every where. Pipes hanging on machines, pipes with no I.D.  Pipes under benches, defect pipes, half built pipes etc etc.

I had hit spell check and had changed all Pipes to Pies. No one mentioned it at the time, then when they got to know me better OMG did they take the piss. they must have thought what a bell end 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Booked a day off today so Mrs Sidcow thinks I should be vaccing the house. 

How can I be expected to write extra bollocks on VT if I'm vaccing the house? 

I am home alone all weekend. I have record shopping planned but today various work departments have gone into minor meltdown and need my advice. It's delaying my plans grrrr!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

BBC News goes on, BBC News goes off. Give it a rest.

Yesterday was a day of prequels.  Probably Sunday will be a day of Summary.  Monday a brief review. Hopefully they will have it out of their system by Tuesday. 

I'm not anti Royal like seemingly everyone on here* but it's way way too much. 

Nor am I a rabid# Royal follower.  More of a moderate. 

# I have suspicions about Mrs Sidcow though. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â