Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Kids lunches at places like health centres. Just got the little one his lunch from one, a kids sandwich box. Was asked what flavour crisps and what chocolate bar do you want? I asked if there was a healthy snack he could have instead like a banana or an apple but there wasn't a single option. Plenty of junk food and ice cream though. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yesterday was a day of prequels.  Probably Sunday will be a day of Summary.  Monday a brief review. Hopefully they will have it out of their system by Tuesday. 

I'm not anti Royal like seemingly everyone on here* but it's way way too much. 

Nor am I a rabid# Royal follower.  More of a moderate. 

# I have suspicions about Mrs Sidcow though. 

Moderately pregnant.

I use opera browser on mobile devices. It's just had an update and now the copy link address for images has disappeared so. I have to hit extra buttons to find it. 

🤬

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I use opera browser on mobile devices. It's just had an update and now the copy link address for images has disappeared so. I have to hit extra buttons to find it. 

🤬

If anyone knows how to get a link to a picture on safari/ios, tell me your secrets. 

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If anyone knows how to get a link to a picture on safari/ios, tell me your secrets. 

Actually I've discovered it seems to. Be Google search images which is the issue. 

Have the same issue when searching images with Google on Chrome but when you get to an actual picture on a website the link button appears, and when searching for images using Ecosia the button is also there.. So it is only google image search which has changed, and only on my tablet, works fine on my phone. 

It's highly flipping annoying though.  

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Hold your thumb on the image until the dialogue box pops up, select Copy. Go to Safari address bar and paste. It’ll give you the address. Select all and copy that again and you have a link.

Cant get it to work if the image is a hyperlink though.

Edited by a m ole
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Hold your thumb on the image until the dialogue box pops up, select Copy. Go to Safari address bar and paste. It’ll give you the address. Select all and copy that again and you have a link.

Cant get it to work if the image is a hyperlink though.

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I am home alone all weekend. I have record shopping planned but today various work departments have gone into minor meltdown and need my advice. It's delaying my plans grrrr!

Well that was a right royal f*** up of a day

Packed bag with wallet, record bags etc to head to town. Immediately I close the door, I think I've gone and left my house keys on my desk, shite!

RIng the landlord, he cant find his keys, ah bollocks, I'm about to drive to London, to get the spare set off the missus when the landlord phones me to say he's found them, thats only a 4 hour round trip to Derbyshire and off I go. Make it back to Liverpool, and in the record shop, I pull out my plastic bags for records and my keys pop out at the same time.

Oh well it was a nice drive and I still bought some records.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well that was a right royal f*** up of a day

Packed bag with wallet, record bags etc to head to town. Immediately I close the door, I think I've gone and left my house keys on my desk, shite!

RIng the landlord, he cant find his keys, ah bollocks, I'm about to drive to London, to get the spare set off the missus when the landlord phones me to say he's found them, thats only a 4 hour round trip to Derbyshire and off I go. Make it back to Liverpool, and in the record shop, I pull out my plastic bags for records and my keys pop out at the same time.

Oh well it was a nice drive and I still bought some records.

So what did you purchase? 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

So what did you purchase?

I shall start posting in t'album thread shortly. There's not a lot of newer stuff out there tbh, record shops are still waiting on delivery. The manager of HMV said they had a delivery today but they haven't had a chance to put the 18 new boxes of vinyl out yet.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

I shall start posting in t'album thread shortly. There's not a lot of newer stuff out there tbh, record shops are still waiting on delivery. The manager of HMV said they had a delivery today but they haven't had a chance to put the 18 new boxes of vinyl out yet.

Cripes, how much vinyl are HMV shifting these days? Last time 8 went in they probably only had 30 or 40 titles altogether. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Cripes, how much vinyl are HMV shifting these days? Last time 8 went in they probably only had 30 or 40 titles altogether. 

Shitloads more. Vast majority of it overpriced too. I only buy cheap stuff in there unless I'm absolutely desperate

Much more floorspace given over to vinyl now and there's even a reggae section, jazz section a HUGE metal selection, dance  section and bog standard rock and pop

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Shitloads more. Vast majority of it overpriced too. I only buy cheap stuff in there unless I'm absolutely desperate

Much more floorspace given over to vinyl now and there's even a reggae section, jazz section a HUGE metal selection, dance  section and bog standard rock and pop

Wow, but yes when I last looked it was all overpriced. 

HMW have a massive store now in Brum at the old Toys'R'Us.  I think they sell loads of Vinyl there but never been in. 

I think I mentioned about an old mate of mine in the 80s clubbing thread who is now a DJ. 

I have actually been in touch with him and it turns out he's developed an online vinyl store.  Originated when he reduced his personal record collection from 4,000 to 1,000 and I guess developed a reputation/contacts through that and has developed it into a business. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I always found vinyl shopping in HMV a bit soulless if I'm honest, it serves a purpose in that if you want a new release or a big album or a back to black reissue then they'll have it but if you want to spend 30 mins to an hour going through everything in the belief that you'll find a gem for the collection then HMV isn't the place 

If you want Kings of Leon new album they'll have it, if you want the reissue of the old ones they'll have it but you'll never flick through K thinking that today might be the day that you'll find an original of their first EP

The big HMV in Birmingham used to be half decent for dance music vinyl, I picked up loads of decent hard house and trance there in the late 90’s. Nothing rare but good for stocking up on music that was getting played in the clubs on the weekends. The best record shop for my taste was Hard to Find Records, I loved spending Saturday afternoons in there listening my way through stacks of new vinyl. 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I always found vinyl shopping in HMV a bit soulless if I'm honest

Absolutely, but every now and again you'll find something you've been looking for for ages that nowhere else has. Today I found Future Days by Can. Looked for a copy in many shops well before lockdown 1. Today in HMV - £17 when everything else is £22 but it wasn't even on offer.

13 hours ago, trekka said:

Amazon telling me that my order of a new mouse is expected to be delivered today by 9 - 10PM.  I'll probably be conked out on the sofa by then! 

Good news is that it turned up at about 7.45 PM.  Bad news is that the box was huge and completely unnecessary.   Why do Amazon in particular feel the need to send small items in large boxes? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trekka said:

Good news is that it turned up at about 7.45 PM.  Bad news is that the box was huge and completely unnecessary.   Why do Amazon in particular feel the need to send small items in large boxes? 

It's simply not a metric for them, it's all about time, so the drone picking the item will chuck it in to the most suitable item that's close enough that they're not going to get pulled up for being a few seconds too slow.

• Like 2

Â