Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Kardashians. 

Or more explicitly, the 'press machine' around them. The family who have built a huge fortune on living their fake filtered/photoshopped lives on social media are now in meltdown trying to get a picture removed from the internet of one of the sisters. The reason? It is unedited. Twitter and Reddit have removed the photo. The sad thing is, the photo is fine. She looks natural for once. 

The negative effect of this on young women around the world must be huge as they try and live up to impossible standards set by these reality 'stars', when in truth they look nothing like the pictures they upload. 

I've seen the unedited photo.   She looks better in it than in the filtered ones as far as I'm concerned.   Still not my cup of tea, but if forced to choose between the 2 versions it would be the real one.   As you said, it's sad that a real human can no longer be considered beautiful in the eyes of the modern pop culture world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

As you said, it's sad that a real human can no longer be considered beautiful in the eyes of the modern pop culture world.

The thing is, the Kardashians are responsible for this themselves. They helped create the monster of unrealistic expectations and its what they have made their fortune on. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xela said:

He said Ketley is a bit rough around the edges as well? 

That's a little harsh. He's getting on a bit now. 

GOXIjFbyyatRl_-a1jvNnumywfknQgKExVlLV4rw

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Kardashians. 

Or more explicitly, the 'press machine' around them. The family who have built a huge fortune on living their fake filtered/photoshopped lives on social media are now in meltdown trying to get a picture removed from the internet of one of the sisters. The reason? It is unedited. Twitter and Reddit have removed the photo. The sad thing is, the photo is fine. She looks natural for once. 

The negative effect of this on young women around the world must be huge as they try and live up to impossible standards set by these reality 'stars', when in truth they look nothing like the pictures they upload. 

tbh I’ve heard of them but my filter means that they don’t exist beyond the family name so they don’t get to the point where they piss me off 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

tbh I’ve heard of them but my filter means that they don’t exist beyond the family name so they don’t get to the point where they piss me off 

Same. 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

You can tell I need lockdown to end when I end up critiquing a reality TV family on a football forum! 

Those pubs need to open asap! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

You can tell I need lockdown to end when I end up critiquing a reality TV family on a football forum! 

Those pubs need to open asap! 

Agreed, much rather you talked about them in the pub.:trollface:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Similarly, car insurance renewals.

I've been paying £40 a month to Hastings for 12 months and they've just quoted me my renewal at £45. I've been on gocompare and Hastings are coming up the cheapest at £25 a month.

So now I have to go through the annual rigmarole of calling up and having a half an hour conversation to get the lower quote.

They just hope people aren't going to bother so they can charge whatever they like.

When you're in charge @a m ole, can you ban this too? 

I did that for years. As you do.

Then one year esure just said no. "Sorry we can't improve on that quote"

I couldn't believe it. They had a better price on comparison sites, they were offering far worse than their competitors. I'd been with them for 10 years.

But just a straight no. They didn't even give me a token lower offer to tempt me. 

I couldn't believe it :D 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Transformer movies. My OH always watches them when they are on. They seem to be about 7 hours long and about 90% of it is the big ending battle.

Recreate the experience of Transformers movies by having people throw lit fireworks into your face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Transformer movies. My OH always watches them when they are on. They seem to be about 7 hours long and about 90% of it is the big ending battle.

Totally,  but then I am also highly irritated by DC and Marvel films.  They leave me baffled why anyone watches them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Singing/Talent/Dance shows. They've totally taken over prime time weekend telly.  It's totally saturated with them. 

As soon as one finishes the next one starts and there is a constant never ending search for the next naff format. 

Why the hell can't they just make a proper TV show, a decent drama or comedy.  It especially pisses me off that my BBC licence fee is pissed away on them. At least leave that shit to the commercial channel. 

It's become incessant. Surely people are bored by now? 

• Like 2

Transformers is slightly different from the marvel films in that the action scenes are not very well filmed or choreographed, they’re purposefully blurry and flashy and at angles that mean you can’t take everything in because if you couldn’t take everything in you’d see how bad it is

the marvel films bar the big set piece crescendos which are usually garbage have some really good choreography and stunt work

dc are somewhere in between, the end battles of justice league and aquaman are shite

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Totally,  but then I am also highly irritated by DC and Marvel films.  They leave me baffled why anyone watches them. 

100% this.

I don’t get them at all. 

As summer blockbusters go the marvel films are ok

Better than DC, transformers, star wars, Fast and furious, pirates, godzilla, jurassic Park etc 

The bar is low tbf they need a big new franchise but I'm not sure what that is 

Grown women on Facebook who post things like: "I don't understand people who friend list each other and never say hello. If you read this, copy and paste this post on your wall blah blah blah so I know, blah blah"

What sad, boring lives

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Grown women on Facebook who post things like: "I don't understand people who friend list each other and never say hello. If you read this, copy and paste this post on your wall blah blah blah so I know, blah blah"

What sad, boring lives

I know 99% of my friends will ignore this... 

Grown adults.

• Like 1

Â