Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Until this conversation, it had never occurred to me that anybody would describe the Simpsons as a 'sitcom'. I feel like 'sitcoms' and 'animation/cartoons' are just different things.

Yeah, they are really. Just that some (Flintstones, Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) use the 'domestic sitcom' format. 

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The film is a documentary of it happening to Nev, the guy who presents the TV show.

It's really good. I think the authenticity of it has been questioned by some people but taken at face value it's a really good watch

Thanks, I do remember he was being accused of some inappropriate behaviour, is it that? I think he was fully cleared of it all in the end. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

red and green are a particularly poor choice of colours for the colour blind

**** me.  Forget the toilet adventures of @rodders0223.  How many safety critical things in the world rely on red/green? It's a wonder any colour blind people can live to tell the tale. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How many safety critical things in the world rely on red/green? It's a wonder any colour blind people can live to tell the tale. 

It's ok with things like traffic lights because the position of the lights is different. But if someone is red / green colourblind and the location of the indicator is in the same position then, yep it's a problem. 

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thanks, I do remember he was being accused of some inappropriate behaviour, is it that? I think he was fully cleared of it all in the end. 

I think there was some controversy around whether it was an authentic doc, and how they had portrayed the "catfish" in it, like if they'd taken advantage of someone and showed them to be something they're not. Either way it's worth a watch

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tegis said:

Throw-away society!

My kettle has developed a fault, the release-button for the lid gets stuck at times,  thus preventing me from closing it. As it is pretty new I asked the store how to go about returning it and fix it.

They told me to cut the cord and send them a picture of it and I will get a refund as they don't have the model in stock anymore. Then throw it away.

I mean, that's good service and all. But throwing away a perfectly good product because of a sticky button drives me up the wall. I will cut the cord and then reattach it, and fix the bloody button. AND take their money. 😠

Also the poor quality of white goods now. Just cheap and disposable, probably made in China. Things just aren't built to last nowadays

/old man

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Toilet at work. Self enclosed not a cubicle. When you lock the door the handle outside goes red. Standard stuff. You know.

Every **** day without fail I will be having a shit and be disturbed by some **** moron trying to yank the door of its hinges.

It is locked mate. The clue is it is red you **** bellend. It ain't the same person either. It's been 10 pissing years of this. 

Can a man not have a dump in peace without fear of the door being ripped off the wall.

Idiots.

Morons. 

clearings in the woods 

Its not just the one yank. Its multiple yanks, like the person on the other side is running from Jack the Ripper and needs a place to hide. 

The disabled trap at my work is massive. The door is about 10 foot away from the toilet. I'm always in constant fear that the lock will break and the door will open and i'm just sitting there with no way of reaching the door to shut it. 

• Haha 2

I had my first 5 guys experience today……

The burger was excellent, but the fries. Who can eat that many fries. It shouldn’t piss me off but it absolutely does I had to bin half of them. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

Employees who spend half and hour or longer in the bog  every.single.day.   I'm paying you to work, not dump, you lazy word removed.   I understand you can't always control when you need to go , but there's this one bloke who I swear is purposely synching his intestinal tract with his work schedule so he can evacuate on my dime.  I've been sending his co-workers round to yank on the door regularly so he knows we're onto him.

I'll be honest. When I worked in a warehouse in my youth I'd take 4 shit breaks a day, one every 2 hours. just for the hell of it. Treat me like shit you get the minimum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'll be honest. When I worked in a warehouse in my youth I'd take 4 shit breaks a day, one every 2 hours. just for the hell of it. Treat me like shit you get the minimum.

At 4 a day, you must have been giving the maximum!

Edited by brommy

I'm old enough to have spent at least three 10 minute dump breaks a day so I could have a fag in the toilets*.  Couldn't smoke in the office (until after 5.00) but the bogs were fair game. 

Also made you realise how badly cleaned they were. The cubicle door would open and completely cover the wall in front of the seat.  There were pipes running horizontally on that wall and for the ENTIRE 10 years I worked there there was an empty crushed up pack of 10 Benson and Hedges stuffed behind the pipe. 

* I realise at this point our American friends might be spitting out their beer.  To clarify fag is English slang for a cigarette......not what you are thinking. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm old enough to have spent at least three 10 minute dump breaks a day so I could have a fag in the toilets.  Couldn't smoke in the office (until after 5.00) but the bogs were fair game. 

Also made you realise how badly cleaned they were. The cubicle door would open and completely cover the wall in front of the seat.  There were pipes running horizontally on that wall and for the ENTIRE 10 years I worked there there was an empty crushed up pack of 10 Benson and Hedges stuffed behind the pipe. 

Smoking in the office. I gave up in 2002 but when I worked in Our Price in Lincoln we had ashtrays in the racks. Couldn’t smoke on the shop floor but in back office we could. Those were the days. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm old enough to have spent at least three 10 minute dump breaks a day so I could have a fag in the toilets*.  Couldn't smoke in the office (until after 5.00) but the bogs were fair game. 

* I realise at this point our American friends might be spitting out their beer.  To clarify fag is English slang for a cigarette......not what you are thinking. 

We know what a fag is, no matter what you claim.😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Smoking in the office. I gave up in 2002 but when I worked in Our Price in Lincoln we had ashtrays in the racks. Couldn’t smoke on the shop floor but in back office we could. Those were the days. 

I gave up in 1991 thank god.  But I used to smoke a lot.  

Bearing in mind I was living at home I would have my first smoke in bed as soon as I woke up. 

I would have number 2 after I'd got showered.  Number 3 on the way to the bus stop.  4 and 5, 6 if bad traffic on the top deck (obviously) of the bus. Number 7 between the bus stop and the office.  As well as my 3 in the bogs I would have 3 at lunch time. 

Easily 20 to 30 on a normal day. 40 if there was a night out.  Frightening really. 

What pisses of many people though is when I tell them that once I decided to give up (I pretended to a couple of times but didn't really mean it) I literally just stopped overnight.  Never had cravings and in fact it genuinely seems alien to me that I used to smoke. 

Edited by sidcow

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I gave up in 1991 thank god.  But I used to smoke a lot.  

Bearing in mind I was living at home I would have my first smoke in bed as soon as I woke up. 

I would have number 2 after I'd got showered.  Number 3 on the way to the bus stop.  4 and 5, 6 if bad traffic on the top deck (obviously) of the bus. Number 7 between the bus stop and the office.  As well as my 3 in the bogs I would have 3 at lunch time. 

Easily 20 to 30 on a normal day. 40 if there was a night out.  Frightening really. 

What pisses of many people though is when I tell them that once I decided to give up (I pretended to a couple of times but didn't really mean it) I literally just stopped overnight.  Never had cravings and in fact it genuinely seems alien to me that I used to smoke. 

I have met people who knew me in the 90s and they have said, but you loved fags. I was similar to you. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm convinced that this something genetic. My Dad smoked fairly heavily all his life, until he retired, and decided he couldn't afford it. So he stopped, cold turkey. No problem at all, with the result that he was totally intolerant of people who struggled to give up, thought they were basically being drama queens. I was much the same (although I never went much above ten a day) - gave up with no problem. I used to enjoy smoking, but I don't think I ever had what could be described as 'cravings'. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm convinced that this something genetic. My Dad smoked fairly heavily all his life, until he retired, and decided he couldn't afford it. So he stopped, cold turkey. No problem at all, with the result that he was totally intolerant of people who struggled to give up, thought they were basically being drama queens. I was much the same (although I never went much above ten a day) - gave up with no problem. I used to enjoy smoking, but I don't think I ever had what could be described as 'cravings'. 

A friend of mine who gave up almost the exact same time says she still has cravings 30 years later. Reckons one drag on a cigarette and she'd be straight back on it. 

I even once had a big drag of a cigarette about 5 years ago just to see if I would choke (I didn't) and never touched another since. 

I think you are right about genetics. 

Â