Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Yay, we can go outside and go travel to parks and such!

Oh dear , need the toilet.

Pub? Closed

Ah yes Costa! "You're toilets open?" No.

Park kiosk. "Can I use the toilet or can the public ones be opened?" No.

I'll just shit in the Park then shall I!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yay, we can go outside and go travel to parks and such!

Oh dear , need the toilet.

Pub? Closed

Ah yes Costa! "You're toilets open?" No.

Park kiosk. "Can I use the toilet or can the public ones be opened?" No.

I'll just shit in the Park then shall I!

I took my children to the castle grounds in Tamworth last week for a run and some fresh air.

I noticed that the public toilets were open and that they had a full time cleaner. As soon as anyone left a cubicle (they are unisex type with the doors on the outside of the building) she’d go straight in and clean it for the next person.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

My brother and his wife run the local football club shop and asked me to help show off and wear some of their stock tonight for their reopening.  I've been whinging about it to about 6 other people on text saying can't they just get a mannequin, but I've only just realised I've been calling it 'ramekin' instead of 'mannequin'.  I'm such an idiot sometimes.

I realised yesterday that for years I've been telling people I have a gully kitchen.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 12:06, chrisp65 said:

My mum insists on asking me what I think of particular story lines in Coronation Street. She is convinced that I do watch it, and I just say I don’t to be contrary and appear ‘cool’. She’s actually got fairly annoyed at times, I’ve been told that I must watch it sometimes, everybody does, so why pretend I’ve never seen it. 

My mom does that with Strictly. 

I don't really have anything against Strictly. I think of those kind of shows it's probably one of the better ones, it's just something that doesn't remotely interest me. As opposed to "The Masked Singer" which is just absolute shite.

But my Mom seems to think I watch it and always asks me if I saw such and such's performance and who i think will win etc. Every time I tell her I don't watch it. Every week she asks me about it.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"The Masked Singer" which is just absolute shite.

I completely disagree.

What other show makes you guess for weeks which celebrity is singing in the snail costume and then reveal it's Kermit.

masked-singer-kermit.jpeg?format=jpg&qua

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Regarding shit telly. Let me tell you I'm that person who hates all the soaps, doesn't watch reality TV, cynical about most TV, extremely selective and snobbish ... and then, one evening, possibly because I left a channel on after my programme had finished while chatting, Gogglebox came on. Now I was aware of its existence previously.  On paper it sounded absolute shite.  "So you watch people while they watch the telly".  But it was hilarious. And now I watch Gogglebox. Big fan :lol:

Gogglebox is great. I can completely understand why people would think it's shit and hate it based on the description of what it is. It sounds like it should be awful.

But it's actually pretty **** good :D 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

Regarding shit telly. Let me tell you I'm that person who hates all the soaps, doesn't watch reality TV, cynical about most TV, extremely selective and snobbish ... and then, one evening, possibly because I left a channel on after my programme had finished while chatting, Gogglebox came on. Now I was aware of its existence previously.  On paper it sounded absolute shite.  "So you watch people while they watch the telly".  But it was hilarious. And now I watch Gogglebox. Big fan :lol:

I don’t get gogglebox at all.

In general though, the shittest TV can suck you in. As long as they are not complete self aware pricks like the Kardashians, TOWIE, Geordie Shore etc I can be drawn in to wonder what will happen in the next episode. Yes, I’m talking about Love Island. Everything suggests I shouldn’t give it a moment of my time but once you start to understand the personalities you have to stick with it.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I don’t get gogglebox at all.

Have you given it a go, or been put off by the description before even trying? If not, I'd definitely say watch an episode.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

In general though, the shittest TV can suck you in. As long as they are not complete self aware pricks like the Kardashians, TOWIE, Geordie Shore etc I can be drawn in to wonder what will happen in the next episode. Yes, I’m talking about Love Island. Everything suggests I shouldn’t give it a moment of my time but once you start to understand the personalities you have to stick with it.

I don't do any of those but a mate of mine with similarly snobbish views has one exception. There's only one show trashy enough. Love Island isn't even trashy enough. He watches Ex on the Beach as seemingly it's the lowest of the low and pure entertainment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Have you given it a go, or been put off by the description before even trying? If not, I'd definitely say watch an episode.

Not a whole episode. I’ve started watching more than once, to see what the fuss is about, then about 10/15 minutes in bailed out as I just didn’t get it. Probably not long enough really.

occasionally watch Gogglebox, mainly so I’ve got an idea what people are watching on telly. It’s helpful when people at work are talking TV, so I can at least have half an idea what they’re going on about. It stops me from appearing like complete word removed when I dismiss everything they watch as crap. Instead I can say - oh I’ve heard of that, what happened to xyz/whatever. 

Plus the people watching aspect of it is quite good. 

My only interaction with Gogglebox is to deliberately call it TV Addicts whenever I walk in on the rest of the family watching it. It is now known as TV Addicts by all three of us.

This is a victory!

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I completely disagree.

What other show makes you guess for weeks which celebrity is singing in the snail costume and then reveal it's Kermit.

masked-singer-kermit.jpeg?format=jpg&qua

Or has Ken Yeong be completely in shock that Alan Johnson, of all people, is hiding in there.

• Like 1

Gogglebox is great. It's one of those things that on paper sounds dreadful. But once you 'get' it, it's brilliant. It's kinda lives and dies, by definition, on what is on the week, but the people that make up the cast are great (mostly - everyone has a few they like most and least), and on the whole it's bloody funny. I don't even watch 90% of the stuff they comment on and it's still hilarious.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

200.gif

• Haha 1

Similarly to gogglebox I started watching Mrs Browns Boys once to see what some people saw in it. I immediately turned it off when I realised I might be giving them a viewing figure. 
Awful, awful, not funny or entertaining  in any way.

• Like 3

Â