Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm with the krauts. Keep work and social life completely separate where possible. I almost always avoided going on 'works socials', in the evenings or at weekends. Drinking and watching footie is what you do with your mates, not your colleagues. Unless you actually have any actual mates at work, obviously - there were a couple of other reprobates I used to have a regular Friday lunchtime sesh with. 

i work in construction so maybe its a little different, management too so had a fair few days out on expenses at the football and horse racing etc and then on top of that my company had a graduate scheme so there were 10 of us that were all the same kind of age that all went to uni together and then worked together for 15 years, we went out a fair bit, my manager also rarely did the "you can go home early as long as you come to the pub first" thing, when I started there were still guys being paid cash in the pub on a Friday dinnertime

maybe I have a distorted view thanks to that, maybe more likely is the site teams are out and about and the office lot keep themselves to themselves, we're also international here with a designated sales team so networking isn't part of my job (thank god)

and @HanoiVillan isn't far off, they almost treat beer like its a soft drink, an alternative to fizzy pop, the wife's brothers will sit there on a sunny Saturday afternoon and drink 4 bottled beers over a period of 6 hours whilst im there ingrained with the idea that a crate is a challenge

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think the noisy ones are usually the more voluminous ones, and that's generally a more inert breakdown of the less toxic foods.  The more air, the more diluted the evil.  The silent ones are smaller and more vicious, because the emission is a much purer, more concentrated dose of evil.  The stuff that really gets between your teeth and you can taste at the back of your throat.

NINTCHDBPICT000594359873.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Villatalk this morning... I jump straight into On Topic thinking everyone will be happy and getting along as things are going great.. First thread is Barkley which appears to have turned into a religious debate and people getting offended... Think not today thanks, I'll go to Off Topic that's always safe... First thread... People arguing about wearing poppies and getting offended... I'm now scared to try Other Football as who knows what I'll find... 

IMG_20201022_073959.jpg

And I've just followed this by taking a quick dive into YouTube fitness... Forget what I said above, Villatalk is wonderfully friendly compared to that! 

Edited by Rds1983

Wrapped in the sickening display by our parliament yesterday, Poland are trying to one up.

Banning abortions in the case of fetal defect, effectively forcing women to carry severely disabled or even still born children to full term. There are still 2 situations in which abortion is legal; these being danger of loss of life to the mother or in cases of rape.

However, it almost has to be proven that the woman's life is 100% in danger (almost impossible) and that it was 100% a rape (difficult to do within the period of time of a pregnancy) meaning abortion has practically been made illegal in Poland.

In 2018 out of 1076 abortions, 1 was because of rape, 25 was because it was dangerous for the woman's life and 1050 because of an unhealthy fetus. 

This was sworn in by the Supreme Court planted and hijacked by the current government, and this is a policy with 13% of approval within Poland.  

Makes me laugh how Poles are generally anti-Islam and radicalism, when they act as radical themselves. 

To add, this was done at a constitutional level!

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Wrapped in the sickening display by our parliament yesterday, Poland are trying to one up.

Banning abortions in the case of fetal defect, effectively forcing women to carry severely disabled or even still born children to full term. There are still 2 situations in which abortion is legal; these being danger of loss of life to the mother or in cases of rape.

However, it almost has to be proven that the woman's life is 100% in danger (almost impossible) and that it was 100% a rape (difficult to do within the period of time of a pregnancy) meaning abortion has practically been made illegal in Poland.

In 2018 out of 1076 abortions, 1 was because of rape, 25 was because it was dangerous for the woman's life and 1050 because of an unhealthy fetus. 

This was sworn in by the Supreme Court planted and hijacked by the current government, and this is a policy with 13% of approval within Poland.  

Makes me laugh how Poles are generally anti-Islam and radicalism, when they act as radical themselves. 

Pretty sure that this should piss you off. 

Also sadly suspect the USA might swing back this way with the potential changes to their Supreme Court. 

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Pretty sure that this should piss you off. 

Also sadly suspect the USA might swing back this way with the potential changes to their Supreme Court. 

We are lacking a 'that should' thread :D 

I've ranted about the males in my girlfriend's family before. They're all words removed.

But one of them in particular is one of the stupidest words removed I've ever known, and he's now taking the biscuit.

He's living at home with his parents (he got sacked from a job that was way to good for him because he told his manager to **** off when he was asked to put his safety goggles on). The other brother lives with them too.
His dad would be classed as vulnerable. Diabetes and heart problems.

Anyway, this stupid **** word removed has had covid symptoms for 4 days. Well he tells us 4 days. he almost always lies so it's probably longer. Persistent cough and loss of taste and smell. He hasn't told anyone. He's been walking round that house for at least 4 days knowing that he could have Covid and doing nothing about it. His mom has been going to work every day at a school, his dad has been going to his other sister's house (who also works in a school) to do DIY and his brother has been going to work at a lab. All with the brother probably having covid.

No test, didn't tell anyone. 

I don't understand how you could be so **** retarded. We've made him go and get a test now but he's still trying to stop us from telling his parents. The **** Alf Garnett word.

Edit: just found out he's been going to the gym as well. Which he promised us he hadn't (said he hadn't left the house). Lying ****

Edited by Stevo985
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nergal from Behemoth is raging about this issue on social media. Seems to be very vocal on Polish politics, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up running for something in the future. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've ranted about the males in my girlfriend's family before. They're all words removed.

But one of them in particular is one of the stupidest words removed I've ever known, and he's now taking the biscuit.

He's living at home with his parents (he got sacked from a job that was way to good for him because he told his manager to **** off when he was asked to put his safety goggles on). The other brother lives with them too.
His dad would be classed as vulnerable. Diabetes and heart problems.

Anyway, this stupid **** word removed has had covid symptoms for 4 days. Well he tells us 4 days. he almost always lies so it's probably longer. Persistent cough and loss of taste and smell. He hasn't told anyone. He's been walking round that house for at least 4 days knowing that he could have Covid and doing nothing about it. His mom has been going to work every day at a school, his dad has been going to his other sister's house (who also works in a school) to do DIY and his brother has been going to work at a lab. All with the brother probably having covid.

No test, didn't tell anyone. 

I don't understand how you could be so **** retarded. We've made him go and get a test now but he's still trying to stop us from telling his parents. The **** Alf Garnett word.

Edit: just found out he's been going to the gym as well. Which he promised us he hadn't (said he hadn't left the house). Lying ****

And you're marrying into this family????

• Haha 1

The Facebook copy and pasters “if you need any food for your children during half term message me privately and I’ll help you out, no judgement and in total confidence”. 
**** off Susan, obviously this is nothing more than a stunt to make yourself appear big. You’ve no intention of following it through and even if someone did message you I’m 100% certain you’d be gossiping about it.

My sister in law posted it which is hilarious because despite her being well into her 30’s their family is still massively subsided by her parents who pay for her shopping and holidays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I was planning to watch Villa on the main living room TV however the wife started watching The Greatest Showman at 7. There’s no way I’m getting control at 8.

Small mercies in the end. 

Few observations today

- McDonalds. People have commented before but its like crack to some people. Got caught up in some heavy traffic lunchtime...  I was thinking there must be an accident or temporary traffic lights. Nope, its just half of Tamworth in their massive SUVs waiting to turn into a packed McDonalds drive thru. Road blocked both sides as there was literally no room in the car park. I wonder if @Genie was there?! 🤔 :P 

- Minis. Or to be more specific, the BMW Minis. They're the opposite of mini, especially the Countryman. Its the size of a static caravan. They should have revived the other BL marque, the Maxi, instead. I know cars are bigger now due to safety etc but the Mini is too big. The Fiat 500 demonstrates you can still make a modern small car. 

- The word removed I saw in a newish Golf driving earlier while on his mobile phone. I hope he crashes into a ditch and the phone flies out the window so he can't call for help. I'd wager most new cars have bluetooth technology for handsfree calls now? Absolutely no excuse. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

Yeah I’ve spent a bit more time than usual in the car this week. Been on the same stretch of the M4 most days and noticed more than a few absolute words removed bombing along glancing down at their laps thinking that they’re being subtle with their texting/browsing.

In fact I’ve seen loads of appalling, aggressive and/or incompetent driving, including someone today making the third exit of a roundabout the first by driving anti-clockwise around it. I was approaching from that exit, too so they should’ve been giving way. But at least they got to go first and saved a couple of seconds so fair play.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Few observations today

- McDonalds. People have commented before but its like crack to some people. Got caught up in some heavy traffic lunchtime...  I was thinking there must be an accident or temporary traffic lights. Nope, its just half of Tamworth in their massive SUVs waiting to turn into a packed McDonalds drive thru. Road blocked both sides as there was literally no room in the car park. I wonder if @Genie was there?! 🤔 :P 

I’m afraid not buddy, I was travelling back from Somerset yesterday.

I know exactly what you mean though, that place should never have gotten planning permission. It’s on a tiny plot of land on the incredibly busy single carriageway old A5 (Watling Street).

Mcdonalds already had a big store in the town centre and one at Ventura Park (out of town retail). Then they proposed this one and it was rejected by Tamworth Borough Council. McDonalds appealed on the basis it was going to create something like 60 jobs and it was then approved by a higher council (Staffordshire County Council I think). Then McDonalds closed their town centre store and transferred the staff from there creating exactly 0 extra jobs. rocket polishers.

• Like 2

Â