Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It might have been a Brutalist classic, but I'd counter that Brutalist buildings are all shite.

Being a great Brutalist building is a bit like being Gary Glitter. A very successful paedophile, by all means, but I'm not going to celebrate it. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This brings me to a question. No judgement, has anyone here bought themselves a candle in a jar, for themselves, for their own house, off their own back and not part of a list of stuff to buy dictated by a female.  

you-know-what-thats-ghey.jpg

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're not going to agree on this one. I'm a big fan of a lot of mid-20th-century buildings, and increasingly like (most, not all) brutalism. That said, if it had been replaced by something other than generic glass boxes I might have been alright with it. As it is though, they're too shit for words.

That's basically where I am too to be honest we're just coming at it from different angles. I had no problem with it being replaced because I didn't like it, but they could have replaced it with something far far better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Sat outside the missus work waiting for her to come out.

Random woman with a rucksack on hobbles over to the car and asks me where the reception is

I ask her does she mean for the Premier Inn or the offices

”Here... the Hotel’

I tell her the short route, she doesn’t seem to believe me...

I tell her it’s the short route then explain the far more complicated official long route 

She then tells me it’s in a shit location and she won’t be staying here again, like I work there and she’s making a complaint. Quite vitriolic she was like her booking this hotel was all my fault

”I couldn’t give a f**k you thankless witch”

Window up

that reminds me in a very loose way .

I was at a villa away game back in the late 80's  when we played Bradford and someone stopped in their car and asked me for directions  , I gave them some quite clear and precise directions , to the point after the car drove off my mate said , how the hell do you know Bradford so well  ..  problem being , was I'd completely made them up   ....

So if that person is still driving around lost in Bradford and reading this , I’m really sorry , it wasn't big and it certainly wasn't clever

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

This brings me to a question. No judgement, has anyone here bought themselves a candle in a jar, for themselves, for their own house, off their own back and not part of a list of stuff to buy dictated by a female.  

All the time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It might have been a Brutalist classic, but I'd counter that Brutalist buildings are all shite.

Being a great Brutalist building is a bit like being Gary Glitter. A very successful paedophile, by all means, but I'm not going to celebrate it. 

Next you'll be going sockless and having gravy with fish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that reminds me in a very loose way .

I was at a villa away game back in the late 80's  when we played Bradford and someone stopped in their car and asked me for directions  , I gave them some quite clear and precise directions , to the point after the car drove off my mate said , how the hell do you know Bradford so well  ..  problem being , was I'd completely made them up   ....

So if that person is still driving around lost in Bradford and reading this , I’m really sorry , it wasn't big and it certainly wasn't clever

AKA standard treatment for Mancunians

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

You

Are

Wrong

It’s been my favourite style for a while, closely followed by Bauhaus. Brilliant, brutal, beautiful. I refer you to Trellick Tower and Isokon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You

Are

Wrong

It’s been my favourite style for a while, closely followed by Bauhaus. Brilliant, brutal, beautiful. I refer you to Trellick Tower and Isokon.

There are some absolute crackers here in Bulgaria. 

I saw this fantastic monument on Saturday in Stara Zagora. 

ee596ab0-f5e7-427c-9cf3-abbda7daa2a0-klearchos-kapoutsis2.jpg

• Like 3

I wasn't allowed to photograph it as it's a Mausoleum , however I'm also a British passport holder and allowed to do what i want , so did sneak a quick photo

I give you The Agostinho Neto Mausoleum in Angola

IMG_4790.thumb.JPG.4e0c2fdfbbdd1c1020f210d1e7215e0a.JPG

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder what that building used to be. It seems a hell of a waste.

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say that’s railway architecture....

I’m off to google...

winner winner KFC dinner, it was a railway station from 1926 that had fallen in to disrepair

it screamed railway fake gothic with a vaguely Islamic twist

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

Â