Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why do women feel the need to recite entire conversations when they talk about something that happened to them? 

This brings me to a question. No judgement, has anyone here bought themselves a candle in a jar, for themselves, for their own house, off their own back and not part of a list of stuff to buy dictated by a female.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

And why are they always turning around in these conversations?

This is a thing I often wonder. It's not just women. Most people have to turn around to say something. Why do people start conversations by sneaking up behind you?  It's very inconsiderate.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

This brings me to a question. No judgement, has anyone here bought themselves a candle in a jar, for themselves, for their own house, off their own back and not part of a list of stuff to buy dictated by a female.  

No. Categorically no.  But I am a compulsive sniffer.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

comedy central yes GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I have a few fake battery powered candles that I’ve bought off my own back (some are even remote controlled). I also have some usb powered string lights which are in a couple of lanterns and empty kraken rum bottles which I guess I bought for “mood” lighting. I suppose they’d be easy to use in a power cut, no fumbling about in the dark looking for matches.

As for actual real candles, I have a couple of basic ones somewhere but can’t remember buying them. No Yankee candles or anything of that ilk.

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I have a few fake battery powered candles that I’ve bought off my own back (some are even remote controlled). I also have some usb powered string lights which are in a couple of lanterns and empty kraken rum bottles which I guess I bought for “mood” lighting. I suppose they’d be easy to use in a power cut, no fumbling about in the dark looking for matches.

As for actual real candles, I have a couple of basic ones somewhere but can’t remember buying them. No Yankee candles or anything of that ilk.

I have a huge number if lights, solar powered and otherwise. Candles in the jar-oh, they are breeding in this house and I don’t know how. 

On 14/10/2020 at 12:32, HanoiVillan said:

The 'before' picture is way better imo imo

Those glass buildings are just pure snore.

I don’t particularly love the “after”. But the before is ugly as ****. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don’t particularly love the “after”. But the before is ugly as ****. 

Nah, that was an iconic building. Made a better contrast with the spire too.

But it doesn't even matter - it's gone. It's a damn shame they've replaced it with completely forgettable buildings that nobody will ever remember or find interesting in any way. Just crap.

Sat outside the missus work waiting for her to come out.

Random woman with a rucksack on hobbles over to the car and asks me where the reception is

I ask her does she mean for the Premier Inn or the offices

”Here... the Hotel’

I tell her the short route, she doesn’t seem to believe me...

I tell her it’s the short route then explain the far more complicated official long route 

She then tells me it’s in a shit location and she won’t be staying here again, like I work there and she’s making a complaint. Quite vitriolic she was like her booking this hotel was all my fault

”I couldn’t give a f**k you thankless witch”

Window up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nah, that was an iconic building. Made a better contrast with the spire too.

But it doesn't even matter - it's gone. It's a damn shame they've replaced it with completely forgettable buildings that nobody will ever remember or find interesting in any way. Just crap.

Iconic doesn't mean it wasn't ugly :) 

I thought it was horrific 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree that the old central library wasn't exactly easy on the eye. For me, it was iconic inasmuch i used to spend many a sat morning revising and researching for school projects etc. I used to be envious of those who had booked private booths with the glass doors and didn't have to share the public desks which were actually quite spacious for plenty of text books and all manner of study aids i used to empty from my sack (fnarr !)

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

jyqY2a3.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're not going to agree on this one. I'm a big fan of a lot of mid-20th-century buildings, and increasingly like (most, not all) brutalism. That said, if it had been replaced by something other than generic glass boxes I might have been alright with it. As it is though, they're too shit for words.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

The old Central Library was a Brutalist Classic, should have been a listed building

Plus it had a Hooters inside it for a short while 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

The old Central Library was a Brutalist Classic, should have been a listed building

I wish you lot would stop calling it the 'old' library. That was the 'new' library, which replaced the 'old' (Victorian stylee) library. The current one is the 'new new' library. 

Same goes for the Bull Ring, FWIW. 

• Like 1

Â