Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say that’s railway architecture....

I’m off to google...

winner winner KFC dinner, it was a railway station from 1926 that had fallen in to disrepair

it screamed railway fake gothic with a vaguely Islamic twist

I went there via a  Russian looking metro so it was probably the main terminus once upon a time 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

But they don't. Is this the joke? :blush:

That's the cherry on the top

What pisses me off is when the war gets dragged up to suit an agenda, he's willy waving over brexit and suggesting we should get whatever deal we want because we beat the nazis

Its just bollocks

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I wasn't allowed to photograph it as it's a Mausoleum , however I'm also a British passport holder and allowed to do what i want , so did sneak a quick photo

I give you The Agostinho Neto Mausoleum in Angola

IMG_4790.thumb.JPG.4e0c2fdfbbdd1c1020f210d1e7215e0a.JPG

That is a beautiful structure. 

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is a beautiful structure. 

I actually got taken inside ... they must have chopped  down enough tress to make Greta Thunburg  weep with the OTT wood decoration inside .

Needless  to say Angola doesn’t get a lot of tourism so once I got in the country ( it’s officially the hardest place in the world to enter as a tourist ).  I got some sort of VIP treatment taken to all these places that weren’t open to the public ... there was a money museum due to open a few weeks later and I became its “first” ever visitor as they went and got the manager for this special visitor , they even got a gold bar out the safe for me to hold ... I wouldn’t necessarily rush back but it was an interesting place 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What pisses me off is when the war gets dragged up to suit an agenda, he's willy waving over brexit and suggesting we should get whatever deal we want because we beat the nazis

Its just bollocks

It's amazing to think Vaughan masterminded one of English sport's greatest achievements.  The guy turned out to be a professional social media rocket polisher.  I still hate Graeme Swann more though. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's amazing to think Vaughan masterminded one of English sport's greatest achievements.  The guy turned out to be a professional social media rocket polisher.  I still hate Graeme Swann more though. 

Yeah, Michael Vaughan very much one for this thread. Loved watching him so much as a player, very much not enjoying so much watching him turn into/reveal himself to be a boring, whining fart without a single redeeming feature. Very much someone who would have benefitted from fading into obscurity.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its just bollocks

Boils my piss. It's always middle aged blokes who have a warped and sketchy idea of history, and wouldn't have lasted five minutes in WWII before whingeing about the hardships of having their luxuries taken away. 

• Like 3

Johnny Cash being given the Royal Philharmonic treatment. First track from it released today and it is **** awful. Someone should take all power from John Carter Cash for allowing this album. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, Michael Vaughan very much one for this thread. Loved watching him so much as a player, very much not enjoying so much watching him turn into/reveal himself to be a boring, whining fart without a single redeeming feature. Very much someone who would have benefitted from fading into obscurity.

Agreed ! You should read Jonathon Trott's book; he hadn't a good word to say for him. (slight Warks bias here)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I jus read it’s hate crime awareness week. I hope we continue to stay aware of hate crime after the week is over.

I'm waiting until its over so I can go back to hating other people because they have different political views. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm waiting until its over so I can go back to hating other people because they have different political views. 

I'm not waiting at all, I still hate everyone. Massive bunch of words removed they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/10/2020 at 23:19, Vive_La_Villa said:

I jus read it’s hate crime awareness week. I hope we continue to stay aware of hate crime after the week is over.

It's also dead baby awareness week or something, they've put blue lights outside Lime St Station to illuminate this fact.

All I could think was that it was an effin stupid thing to do in derby week

16 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Johnny Cash being given the Royal Philharmonic treatment. First track from it released today and it is **** awful. Someone should take all power from John Carter Cash for allowing this album. 

There would be a gag in there in older times Involving change for a contraceptive machine

• Like 1

Â