Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Emma 'Bad Tweets' Kennedy & Mitch Benn from Radio 4 on Only Connect for some reason, smdh

At least they lost, but still got one more chance to irritate me.

Are you watching on +1 week?

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Emma 'Bad Tweets' Kennedy & Mitch Benn from Radio 4 on Only Connect for some reason, smdh

At least they lost, but still got one more chance to irritate me.

This post pisses me off as I have absolutely no idea what or who you're talking about :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

10 pin bowling 

the wife wants to go again before Xmas, not a chance 

Such a shame you're joined at the hip ... ;);)

On 15/10/2020 at 17:25, Seat68 said:

I have a huge number if lights, solar powered and otherwise. Candles in the jar-oh, they are breeding in this house and I don’t know how. 

I don't mind candles, but my gf has a thing for these scented candles and that's not for me. I find it awful. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

the joys of relocating to a city where neither of you are from...

Do a deal. 10-pin once you both do Quasar afterwards.

• Haha 1

i should add which isn't unexpected ze germans really don't know what the craic is

massive cultural difference in terms of going for a beer or doing something together, both with my office and the football lads, its crazy hard to organise a beer despite them all very much loving a beer

and its not just me the funny speaking English man, im still in some work WhatsApp groups and Teams social groups and people are talkative and pleasant enough but the Friday after work beer, not a chance, the sunday afternoon after the game watch the game beer, also not a chance, they don't do a thing as an office group or a team, its really weird, I'll sit there all week talking NFL with 2 guys and then I'll throw out "do you want to go watch it in the local bar?" both will blank it, the football team will struggle for numbers because Bayern were playing in the CL semi final "do you want to watch it in the bar?" same again

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i should add which isn't unexpected ze germans really don't know what the craic is

massive cultural difference in terms of going for a beer or doing something together, both with my office and the football lads, its crazy hard to organise a beer despite them all very much loving a beer

and its not just me the funny speaking English man, im still in some work WhatsApp groups and Teams social groups and people are talkative and pleasant enough but the Friday after work beer, not a chance, the sunday afternoon after the game watch the game beer, also not a chance, they don't do a thing as an office group or a team, its really weird, I'll sit there all week talking NFL with 2 guys and then I'll throw out "do you want to go watch it in the local bar?" both will blank it, the football team will struggle for numbers because Bayern were playing in the CL semi final "do you want to watch it in the bar?" same again

You appear to work with the German equivalent of ManU fans :mrgreen:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah. I'm a certified fart goblin, but they never smell. I'm all about the noise they bring though. 

Actually, that's one for the 'Things You Often Wonder' thread. Why are the silent ones invariably more deadly than the noisy ones? There must be some scientific explanation. 

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm with the krauts. Keep work and social life completely separate where possible. I almost always avoided going on 'works socials', in the evenings or at weekends. Drinking and watching footie is what you do with your mates, not your colleagues. Unless you actually have any actual mates at work, obviously - there were a couple of other reprobates I used to have a regular Friday lunchtime sesh with. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Actually, that's one for the 'Things You Often Wonder' thread. Why are the silent ones invariably more deadly than the noisy ones? There must be some scientific explanation. 

I think the noisy ones are usually the more voluminous ones, and that's generally a more inert breakdown of the less toxic foods.  The more air, the more diluted the evil.  The silent ones are smaller and more vicious, because the emission is a much purer, more concentrated dose of evil.  The stuff that really gets between your teeth and you can taste at the back of your throat.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think the noisy ones are usually the more voluminous ones, and that's generally a more inert breakdown of the less toxic foods.  The more air, the more diluted the evil.  The silent ones are smaller and more vicious, because the emission is a much purer, more concentrated dose of evil.  The stuff that really gets between your teeth and you can taste at the back of your throat.

Shorter version - silent ones have a higher concentration of faecal particles to gas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Shorter version - silent ones have a higher concentration of faecal particles to gas. 

I like to bring you on a journey. It's not just about the destination :P 

• Haha 2

Â