Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Stafford currently has 3 McDonalds, ground has been broken for a fourth. 5 if you included Stafford services. None of them are struggling for custom. 

Is that all, it seems like we have a McCrackden on every street corner here. Four in the city centre alone, two of which are 300 meters apart (both bigger than average), this isn't counting the ones in shopping centres etc. There are then very few arterial routes out of the city that don't have one. 

Keeps the queues down I guess

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Few observations today

- McDonalds. People have commented before but its like crack to some people. Got caught up in some heavy traffic lunchtime...  I was thinking there must be an accident or temporary traffic lights. Nope, its just half of Tamworth in their massive SUVs waiting to turn into a packed McDonalds drive thru. Road blocked both sides as there was literally no room in the car park. I wonder if @Genie was there?! 🤔 :P 

- Minis. Or to be more specific, the BMW Minis. They're the opposite of mini, especially the Countryman. Its the size of a static caravan. They should have revived the other BL marque, the Maxi, instead. I know cars are bigger now due to safety etc but the Mini is too big. The Fiat 500 demonstrates you can still make a modern small car. 

- The word removed I saw in a newish Golf driving earlier while on his mobile phone. I hope he crashes into a ditch and the phone flies out the window so he can't call for help. I'd wager most new cars have bluetooth technology for handsfree calls now? Absolutely no excuse. 

Bravo sir, you sound like a younger version of me.

Only not as vindictive, as I'd have hoped the cellphone Golf driver had snapped his neck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m afraid not buddy, I was travelling back from Somerset yesterday.

I know exactly what you mean though, that place should never have gotten planning permission. It’s on a tiny plot of land on the incredibly busy single carriageway old A5 (Watling Street).

Amazing how long people will queue for it. It must have some addictive qualities! 

I was already in a bad mood as the hot food counter at Morrisons had nothing as the fryers were broke. I was hoping for fried chicken and chips!

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Probably for the boring thread, but this chat has prompted a quick search which tells me the nearest McDonalds to me is 6.8 miles away. 

Even more boring but i'm guessing its probably Wolverhampton?

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Even more boring but i'm guessing its probably Wolverhampton?

Yep, specifically the one on the Stafford Road. 

Although I regularly drive past the 9th closest McDonalds to me (Newport) on the school run.

15 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, specifically the one on the Stafford Road. 

Although I regularly drive past the 9th closest McDonalds to me (Newport) on the school run.

Blimey, how far is your school run? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Haha, different Newport.

Oh, I got that. But you said that the nearest McDs was seven miles away, and this one was the 9th nearest... 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, I got that. But you said that the nearest McDs was seven miles away, and this one was the 9th nearest... 

Ah I see.

The school run is around 15 miles (about 30 mile round trip). That’s where she lives with her mother.

On my way, the Newport McDonalds is around 10 miles from me. 

If you ever see me complaining about traffic in this thread, 9 times out of 10 it will involve the A41.

Edit - the 2nd to 8th placed McDonalds are bunched up between 7 -10 miles away. Due to living between Telford and W’ton.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I worked in one for a few months, and I've never ate there since, there's nothing to put you off it like the foul McStench hitting you when you load the washing machine the next day.

Same, but I'll see your washing machine and raise you cleaning out the Milkshake machine and all the crusty lumps of cheese that block the pipes. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Amazing how long people will queue for it. It must have some addictive qualities! 

I was already in a bad mood as the hot food counter at Morrisons had nothing as the fryers were broke. I was hoping for fried chicken and chips!

Whenever I go the car park is all clogged up with delivery driver cars abandoned all over the place. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One of the reasons I’ve taken a few steps back from football is because of the one-upmanship “banter” that goes with it. 

Obviously acknowledging that this post is on a forum that serves primarily for football related discussion so the opinion probably won’t be whole heartedly agreed with....but ultimately it’s taking glee in something that you (the figurative “you”) had zero involvement with. And then next week you’ll be subjected to whatever stick when the team loses. 

Tiresome.

Wouldn’t mind but he’s the worst when he’s on the receiving end of ‘banter’ and often throws a hissy fit 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Wouldn’t mind but he’s the worst when he’s on the receiving end of ‘banter’ and often throws a hissy fit 

Another reason I took a step back is I have (once or twice) not taken banter after a defeat in the most gracious manner :D

• Like 1

Â