Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Bravo sir, you sound like a younger version of me.

Only not as vindictive, as I'd have hoped the cellphone Golf driver had snapped his neck.

I'm with you on this one, I often have extremely violent fantasies about bad drivers, usually of them crashing into a tree or something and then some part of the steering column piercing their brain and pinning them to the seat*. I don't much care (in these thoughts) whether that kills them or they live the rest of their lives like Phineas Gage, but I usually have a very powerful desire to see that happen.

I even get mad reading about these words removed, like the fella being described in bold here:

15 hours ago, JB said:

. . . I’ve seen loads of appalling, aggressive and/or incompetent driving, including someone today making the third exit of a roundabout the first by driving anti-clockwise around it. I was approaching from that exit, too so they should’ve been giving way. But at least they got to go first and saved a couple of seconds so fair play.

I know it makes me a bad person, but I don't care, I hope he dies a violent death.

*NB: If anyone reading this Knows About Cars and is going to tell me this is impossible, please don't bother, because I'm not going to stop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm with you on this one, I often have extremely violent fantasies about bad drivers, usually of them crashing into a tree or something and then some part of the steering column piercing their brain and pinning them to the seat*. I don't much care (in these thoughts) whether that kills them or they live the rest of their lives like Phineas Gage, but I usually have a very powerful desire to see that happen.

I even get mad reading about these words removed, like the fella being described in bold here:

I know it makes me a bad person, but I don't care, I hope he dies a violent death.

*NB: If anyone reading this Knows About Cars and is going to tell me this is impossible, please don't bother, because I'm not going to stop.

Good man 👍

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I now look at you in a different light. 

I've never been so proud! :P 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

A mate who is a Leeds fan but hardly ever hear off. 

Last 16 years probably!

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

One of the reasons I’ve taken a few steps back from football is because of the one-upmanship “banter” that goes with it. 

Obviously acknowledging that this post is on a forum that serves primarily for football related discussion so the opinion probably won’t be whole heartedly agreed with....but ultimately it’s taking glee in something that you (the figurative “you”) had zero involvement with. And then next week you’ll be subjected to whatever stick when the team loses. 

Tiresome.

Absolutely. I very rarely talk football outside this forum. Most of my mates support other teams including the usual big guns but football very rarely comes up. I've travelled the world with some of them and its barely mentioned. Which I prefer! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I often do a twirl of my finger whilst staring hard at any car I have judged to impeded me on the road, the Mrs asked me why once and I explained l was attempting to flip the offending car and driver over with some yet undiscovered special power. One day 🤞

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I often do a twirl of my finger whilst staring hard at any car I have judged to impeded me on the road, the Mrs asked me why once and I explained l was attempting to flip the offending car and driver over with some yet undiscovered special power. One day 🤞

I'm similar. Although I just mutter under my breath "please crash, please crash" while concentrating hard! :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Amazing how long people will queue for it. It must have some addictive qualities! 

Ironic that people actually wait for the stuff given that its origin story is being the first nationally known fast food place.  Just goes to show you what good marketing and trans fat can do for you.

I get the impression from VT that a lot of people see it as a special treat or something.  Despite its popularity over there I don’t think it’s about people really loving it so much as that it’s just become what they do.  Hungry?   Let’s go get some Mickey D’s.

When a motorist has wronged me I call them cyclists. This stems from not being able to call cyclists words removed when my grandson was in the car, so I muttered cyclist. Its now stuck and just reserved for cars who have vexed me. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I can definitely relate to this. I also like to try to force them to crash through telekinesis. Thinking about it, it's exactly the same move I used to pull as a 13 year old when I tried to make beautiful women's clothes fly off, and it's had exactly the same success rate so far. As you say, one day!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why is there a load of Halloween type events today when it’s the 31st next Saturday?

I think it might be the same reason I’ve started seeing ‘pre Christmas presents’ and ‘Christmas Eve present’ boxes.

It’s because we are consumer units and must consume as much shit as possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think it might be the same reason I’ve started seeing ‘pre Christmas presents’ and ‘Christmas Eve present’ boxes.

It’s because we are consumer units and must consume as much shit as possible.

I actually thought of a plausible reason, is it because bonfire night events will be next Saturday? They always seem to be the Saturday before the 5th November. Dunno, seems stupid either way.

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Ironic that people actually wait for the stuff given that its origin story is being the first nationally known fast food place.  Just goes to show you what good marketing and trans fat can do for you.

I get the impression from VT that a lot of people see it as a special treat or something.  Despite its popularity over there I don’t think it’s about people really loving it so much as that it’s just become what they do.  Hungry?   Let’s go get some Mickey D’s.

I'm always surprised at how often some people have takeaways. Some people at my place have them 3 or 4 times a week. No wonder they live paycheque to paycheque. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I actually thought of a plausible reason, is it because bonfire night events will be next Saturday? They always seem to be the Saturday before the 5th November. Dunno, seems stupid either way.

Bonfire night events?

In a pandemic, with London, Yorkshire and Lancashire in tier 2A.1?

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Could be, but are there any bonfire night events anymore? Seems to be something that has died out. Pype Hayes was a huge event when I was little, the embers would be burning for about 3 days afterwards! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could be, but are there any bonfire night events anymore? Seems to be something that has died out. Pype Hayes was a huge event when I was little, the embers would be burning for about 3 days afterwards! 

There used to be HUGE one by me. Massive bonfire, market stalls, fun fair then fireworks. It was absolutely packed. It must have generated a fortune.

• Like 1

Â