Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its true ,  i even broke out in a cold sweat when I went to the western extremity of the Isle of Wight

As if I'd ever go to the Isle of the Damned, You can fly half way around the world cheaper than that ferry

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My wife got me a driving hat and gloves for my birthday  that I don't need if you want to borrow them :)

yeah , likewise I  get what you say about why not have it ..   but without wishing to sound like a dirty Northerner ignoring lockdowns  , only someone lobbing my head off and shouting "There can be only one" ,is taking me out , not flu

Way I see it is that it isn't about flu taking you out, I'd very probably be fine in a day or two if I got the flu. Why I'm going to get it is because I'd rather not risk getting the flu in the first place. 

I can't see what I've got to lose or any real reason not to get the jab if I don't have to pay for it. 

But of whatever makes you happy. 

This was the protest today in Warsaw:

And the response on TVP (Polish BBC):

After the sentence #TrybunałKonstytucyjny the environment entered the streets of the capital #LGBT . They are strike force - trained, financed by the city of Warsaw, abroad, prepared for brawls. These people want power over our children and society as a whole.

It's the gays again, training protesters and influencing children. I love it here but **** me, it is a mess.

• Like 1

A woman I know does not do Haloween but she takes her grand daughter to a different suburb to do trick or treat. FFS

The way I see it is that she does do Haloween BUT only the taking part NOT the giving part.......Dipstick.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't that just an abbreviation? 

No, I think it’s just incorrect.

Something that is cringeworthy causes someone to cringe.

If they want to comment on something that is cringeworthy but only want to use the word cringe, the sentence should be “that made me cringe”. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

A woman I know does not do Haloween but she takes her grand daughter to a different suburb to do trick or treat. FFS

The way I see it is that she does do Haloween BUT only the taking part NOT the giving part.......Dipstick.

Yeah, surely you have to do both or neither when you have kids.

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Another one: 

"That needs fixed" (and similar constructions). 

It's either "That needs fixing" or "That needs to be fixed". 

Is this a northern thing Mike? Never heard this, admittedly it would be met with “begging your pardon” if someone did say it.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is this a northern thing Mike? Never heard this, admittedly it would be met with “begging your pardon” if someone did say it.  

No, I think it's a young persons thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’ve never heard that phrase either.

One phrase I absolutely hate is what seems to appear more and more at the end of for sale listings... “need gone”.

That's basically another version of what I posted about above. People really can't be bothered to say "needs to be gone", or "needs to go"? 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Another one: 

"That needs fixed" (and similar constructions). 

It's either "That needs fixing" or "That needs to be fixed". 

Scottish, and travelling down through the nation. I quite like it (translates as "I sometimes say it")

• Like 1

Â