Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Some **** chucked what looked like brown sauce or ketchup on the roof of my car. Was parked on the drive as well. What’s wrong with people?

I think you need to do a taste test just so we can all be sure it is actually Brown Sauce

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think you need to do a taste test just so we can all be sure it is actually Brown Sauce

I'd want to know if it was HP, or some generic fruity shite. Different levels of outrage.

• Like 1

English homework with my 10 year old niece, my wife's there, her parents, her brother, sister in law and other niece 

Opens up her workbook, map of London with some fake conversation underneath which I read out loud... "I'm from Greenwich"

30 minutes later we finish discussing how to pronounce Greenwich and how stupid the English language is, you can't explain that kind of thing to a foreigner let alone a child learning English for the 1st time, the poor girl was telling me how her teacher calls it "greenwitch", horrible example by the book who probably don't know it themselves 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I've been working my arse off too much recently. Teaching at school and doing my qualification on the side. Day off today in Bulgaria, independence after long five centuries of the Turkish yoke. So I've looked forward to a day of rest and Peppa pig.

Woke up with Man flu. 

Bosses. 

Apparantly it's perfectly fine to expect me to take a project for 4 weeks on the other side of the country, cause I've got no kids. My personal life and everything around that isn't relevant. Made me more angry than what's rational. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Bosses. 

Apparantly it's perfectly fine to expect me to take a project for 4 weeks on the other side of the country, cause I've got no kids. My personal life and everything around that isn't relevant. Made me more angry than what's rational. 

Its the same with annual leave at work - priority given to people with kids at certain times of the year (school holidays, Christmas, etc). 

Personally I don't mind working school holidays as I don't want to take leave when the kids are off but it shouldn't be assumed or expected*

*to be fair, my current department at work are a lot better at holidays than others I have worked in 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Its the same with annual leave at work - priority given to people with kids at certain times of the year (school holidays, Christmas, etc). 

They'd like to do holiday when you can and not pay top dollar :)

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Personally I don't mind working school holidays as I don't want to take leave when the kids are off but it shouldn't be assumed or expected*

*to be fair, my current department at work are a lot better at holidays than others I have worked in 

**** outrageous that, people with kids wanting to take their holidays during the school holidays.

What the **** is that about!

Why don’t they take them a few weeks either side of the holidays when everything is half the price?

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's only about 3 years since Wednesday were playing in a higher division than United!

It’s the same disposition as those people whom asked who they support just arrogantly say ‘United’ used to have a load of fun with this in America as the response was which one? Then also making enquiries into why they supported Manchester United. The amount of people who lied through their teeth stating that they had a great grandad who was born in Salford and the like was hilarious. Why not just say because they win everything (used to then) and be honest you plums 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Xela said:

My employer is very fair with vaca time so I won't complain about that. I've previously actively given priority to those with kids during the holiday season as it's no problem for me to take vacations off season. It's even cheaper so it works out well financially. 

But in terms of private life I'm still kind of raging why they just assume it's fine to walk away from your life for a month. Like my girlfriend, dog, physiotherapist, gym sessions, family ++, isn't important cause kids aren't involved in it. 

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Then also making enquiries into why they supported Manchester United. The amount of people who lied through their teeth stating that they had a great grandad who was born in Salford and the like was hilarious. Why not just say because they win everything (used to then) and be honest you plums 

You should try sitting in the Holte End with my accent when we’ve played Cardiff!

That can lead to interesting conversations. Though I have to say In defence of the Holte Upper, I never felt threatened, just ‘interviewed’.

It’s the nice thing about Villa, I just say I’m a glory hunting plastic and people accept it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You should try sitting in the Holte End with my accent when we’ve played Cardiff!

That can lead to interesting conversations. Though I have to say In defence of the Holte Upper, I never felt threatened, just ‘interviewed’.

It’s the nice thing about Villa, I just say I’m a glory hunting plastic and people accept it.

If you do not mind me asking what got you into the Villa in the first place, would not imagine the Barry fan club has too many members?

Â