Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Pyramid scheme?

In this case it was a company that make the garden sofas and tables out of pallets. I’ve no interest in buying them but wondered how much they cost. It seems to be a closely guarded secret.

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Or it clarifies what portion of it was a result of PMS and what was not.  If it got fixed entirely for you, I consider you a lucky man.

Pretty much 100%. She looks back on it now and can't believe she was that person. 

On 08/09/2020 at 12:11, PussEKatt said:

I hate it when ppl like Whelan say things like Villa should buy so and so.I mean, he only spent one season here and now he is an expert on Aston Villa FFS 

I think you're getting confused about comments made by Noel Whelan, who spent 0 seasons here.

Our entire company has been working from home for the last 6 months. The amount of people who still haven't got some headphones with a microphone is incredible. Surely they've realised that the echo is coming from their laptop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

In this case it was a company that make the garden sofas and tables out of pallets. I’ve no interest in buying them but wondered how much they cost. It seems to be a closely guarded secret.

There’s a whole micro-business out there reclaiming used pallets. They pay decent money for the pallets. The pallets get used again as... pallets.

So anyone that is making garden furniture out of pallets is either not up cycling them for any apparent good reason or they are using the absolute worst.

if they are using good pallets, I’d suggest they are actually part of a problem causing more trees to be chopped down as there is clearly a decent market for the pallets to be reused time and time again.

In answer to your actual question, probably quite a high price because they are aimed at trendy sods who want to be seen as hip recyclers, when in fact they are trendy deforesters 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

There’s a whole micro-business out there reclaiming used pallets. They pay decent money for the pallets. The pallets get used again as... pallets.

So anyone that is making garden furniture out of pallets is either not up cycling them for any apparent good reason or they are using the absolute worst.

if they are using good pallets, I’d suggest they are actually part of a problem causing more trees to be chopped down as there is clearly a decent market for the pallets to be reused time and time again.

In answer to your actual question, probably quite a high price because they are aimed at trendy sods who want to be seen as hip recyclers, when in fact they are trendy deforesters 

Solid plastic ones are the answer strangely enough as they live forever.

I start seeing a lot more at work now.  The wooden palettes get battered and don't last long and fall to bits in the end.

Brum Xmas Market cancelled. 

I know its for good reasons but its a shame as the build up to Xmas is always nice and the market is part of that. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brum Xmas Market cancelled. 

Never seen the attraction. I wandered around ours last year almost shouting "How much!" every few meters. I was going to have a drink while waiting for some mates to turn up for a gig.

The drinks were much cheaper in the gig... and we all know what gig prices are like

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Never seen the attraction.

Doesn't surprise me ;)

It is expensive for what it is but its more symbolic for a lot of people... means the start of the Xmas build up and people generally being more social. Thats coming from me, an antisocial old git! :D 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve been a couple of times and it was absolutely rammed both times. It’s a bit of a victim of its own success.

Weekend its a nightmare.... but we usually went at about 5pm on weeknight as I work right by it. Not quite so rammed then. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

With a changed profilepic!! When did this happen? Git!

Earlier tonight. Might only be temporary... maybe :) 

• Sad 1

Just now, bickster said:

Well being as mine went back to just before Randy Lerner bought the club it was time for a change

I guess I've had a few. From memory: Victor Meldrew, Darwin fish, Louis the cat, me playing guitar. 

Â