Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Totally agree, waste of effort.   Get some eyes and ears out there,  just not human. 

They go forever and don't need food.

By this point, I think the Americans have proven - not without exceptions, for sure - that they are basically able to keep a handful of naked apes alive as they whizz around the planet a few hundred times, doing basic science stuff, taking nice photos, and chatting to schoolkids over the radio. However, since there is nowhere else for people to go really, it's more than time to do something else. As you say, let's do more of the stuff that involves going where people will never be able to.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Space films or series where the main spaceman or spacewoman need only apply for death defying mission if by complete chance they have an almost symbiotic connection to their family on earth.

Call me old fashioned but where the missions take 20 or 30 years just to finance,  get someone single maybe.  Makes it all a lot easier.

It just makes me want it to all blow up when silly words removed look out the window and then to a little teddy they brought with them to ******* Mars,  just to remind them & I hate them.

If a scene doesn't have the words attack,  laser, airlock or similar,  then **** it off.

What about Armageddon ? Chick who can not see his Son (probably knocked his Mrs about in all fairness) who then recognises Dad is part of the team to save the Earth, Harry telling AJ to look after Grace as he saves the Earth, Aerosmith ballad in the background . Have you no heart man??

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nobody should have to listen to that shit, no matter what the context is

Works brilliantly with the film, I bet February the 14th is just another day in the bickster household 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Works brilliantly with the film, I bet February the 14th is just another day in the bickster household 

Its fairly well known in this parish that the Bicks household doesn't participate in forced romanticism day

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I actually really like some of Aerosmith's earliest songs, when they had a very raw, urgent sound, but by the time of Armaggedon they seem to me to have been mostly expendable pap, and that song is an ear-bleeder.

Would love to know what you would sound like if you had put that much Colombian up your beak as they had by the time of

Armageddon  😜 

PMS. 

The stuff I get crucified for sometimes. Boggles the mind. I guess I don't do the situations any good when my immidiate reaction always is laughter. But still... sometimes I wish I could videotape the wackadoodleness for proof. 

• Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

PMS. 

The stuff I get crucified for sometimes. Boggles the mind. I guess I don't do the situations any good when my immidiate reaction always is laughter. But still... sometimes I wish I could videotape the wackadoodleness for proof. 

You have my deepest sympathy. I don't know how long you've got to wait, but if it's any consolation the menopause fixes it. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You have my deepest sympathy. I don't know how long you've got to wait, but if it's any consolation the menopause fixes it. 

Or it clarifies what portion of it was a result of PMS and what was not.  If it got fixed entirely for you, I consider you a lucky man.

I like black pens,  not in a league of gentlemen pen type way but if they write black in a constant smooth line I am happy.  I don't lend or borrow.

But,  I was recently give a free pen at work from a supplier.  Looks the part,  nice rubbery grip thing.  Nice black ink but the little ball thing moves and sort of clicks a little bit when you lift it off the paper,  I am guessing but its about 0.3 mm.  Unusable now.  Disappointing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I like black pens,  not in a league of gentlemen pen type way but if they write black in a constant smooth line I am happy.  I don't lend or borrow.

But,  I was recently give a free pen at work from a supplier.  Looks the part,  nice rubbery grip thing.  Nice black ink but the little ball thing moves and sort of clicks a little bit when you lift it off the paper,  I am guessing but its about 0.3 mm.  Unusable now.  Disappointing.

I have my own pens in the house, when I find a good one I tend to bulk buy so I have the same style throughout a year book of notes and sketches.

If I go to a meeting and forget a pen, I just don’t bother taking notes with some nasty borrowed blue biro schizz.

• Haha 1

I'm also pertnickety about pens. I have my drawing pens for assignments from Faber and Castell at 0.5mm. I can't use any other as they seem to scratchy or run out after drawing too much. My note-writing pen is always a bic 'round stic' medium because they're smooth. For important documents I use my Cross pen with black ink.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
Ayan Sadakov
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Promoted products on facebook, 100 people in the comments asking how much it costs and 100 replies saying “I’ve inboxed you”. Why is it such a bloody secret?

Pyramid scheme?

Â