Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Disaster of a situation. 

I have a puncture, no worries can change it. Jack it up, it slips and damages the bottom of the body of the car. Ok annoying but I can still change it. Jack it up again, I cant find the unlock key for the wheel nuts anywhere. I've changed my tyres twice since I've had the car (summer to winter tyres and back again) so I called the guy who changed them last and he doesnt have a clue where it is. 

So I still have a puncture and I've damaged my car for nothing. 

• Sad 2

I’m not usually one for posting in this thread, not really a negative vibes kinda guy.

But.

I got drawn out of the hat to go watch some football this evening, home game against Haverfordwest. So it should be a decent game, my first one of the season and potentially, given the literal luck of the draw, my only chance to watch some football for a long time.

I declined the ticket because I’ve been out and about on site so much since the end of last week. I think I’m fine but there’s no point in taking too many chances, I’ve been up and down the country, I don’t want to be in the frame by the slimmest of possibilities if someone at the footy gets the fungus. The right thing to do.

I’ve just been told that this evening is ‘book group skype’, so if it’s ok with me, can I sit quietly out the other room for a couple of hours!

@*&^!^%@$£!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just been told that this evening is ‘book group skype’, so if it’s ok with me, can I sit quietly out the other room for a couple of hours!

@*&^!^%@$£!

There’s loads of footy on TV tonight, EFL cup, La Liga, Serie A. Couple of beers and some football to pass the time sounds like a good compromise to me!

Newport versus Newcastle on Sky Sports

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s loads of footy on TV tonight, EFL cup, La Liga, Serie A. Couple of beers and some football to pass the time sounds like a good compromise to me!

Newport versus Newcastle on Sky Sports

Cheers!

I don’t have anything like Sky Sports (unless its a freebie buried deep down there between ITV4+1 and Babestation), nothing above the absolute minimum basic tv package for me. I just don’t watch enough tv to warrant paying more than minimum.

Though I have discovered this season that I can get S4C / Sgorio on the i-pad. So that’s been handy a couple of times.

I think I’ll just be spending 2 hours posting obscure ‘80’s mod bands in the Albums thread...

When you can't get a process to work, and you recall you had the same issue last year and you someone got it to work, but you can't recall how you got it to work, and you know tomorrow morning when I lack at it first thing I will work it out instantly.

If all the above is in place. Why can I not access this memory right now.

My wife goes to the doctor's surgery for a routine blood test. While there, she asks to book a flu jab. 

Nurse: "You're not entitled to priority, you're not over 65, you'll have to go on a waiting list". 

Mrs M: "I AM entitled to priority, have been for years, as I have to take immuno-suppressant drugs for my rheumatoid arthritis". 

Nurse: "Oh, do you have R.A.? I didn't realise". 

Mrs M: "Well, that's why I'm getting a routine blood test - it's all there on the screen in front of you". 

Nurse: "Oh, yes" (arranges appointment for next week). 

Mrs M returns home, checks calendar and realises that the date arranged clashes with another hospital appointment. Phones surgery to rearrange flu jab. Long wait. Eventually (missing out a lot of telephone system anarchy here), she gets through to a secretary. 

Mrs M: "I'd like to rearrange my flu jab (gives name)" 

Secretary: "You're not entitled to priority, you're not over 65, you'll have to go on a waiting list". 

Mrs M: "I AM entitled to priority, have been for years, as I have to take immuno-suppressant drugs for my rheumatoid arthritis".

Secretary: "I don't know anything about that. I'll put you on the waiting list" (hangs up). 

So she's letting some time pass in order to calm down before phoning them AGAIN.... 

Edited by mjmooney

Without wanting to sound totally callous the chrissy steigen photos were too much

I know people live their lives through social media and there's a story to tell and message to say but a photo in the delivery room crosses the line imo 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

On 30/09/2020 at 22:15, sharkyvilla said:

I've got to that stage where I go out the room to take my medication, go for a piss then sit back down and can't remember if I actually took my tablet or not.

I do that in the morning,  everyday at 6:15am. 

I have mine (tablets) in a box per day.  I take them,  shut box.

Open box just to check.  Watch weather,  check box.

It's in front of me on the coffee table.👍

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Without wanting to sound totally callous the chrissy steigen photos were too much

I know people live their lives through social media and there's a story to tell and message to say but a photo in the delivery room crosses the line imo 

Had to Mooney. Turns out I’ve heard of her husband. 

Sad story. As for the candid nature of it on social media, well I’m a bit numb to it. I doubt it would be in my mindset, but it is for a quite a few, it’s what they know, controlling the story I guess. 

I feel like I’ve seen a story like this before but I can’t quite place where.

Plumbers.

Come and do a simple job. That leads to another problem.

Then they just disappear into the ether.

Well Mr Plumber, you're going to get a rather "indifferent" review on Checkatrade.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My wife goes to the doctor's surgery for a routine blood test. While there, she asks to book a flu jab. 

Nurse: "You're not entitled to priority, you're not over 65, you'll have to go on a waiting list". 

Nurse: "Oh, do you have R.A.? I didn't realise". 

Mrs M: "Well, that's why I'm getting a routine blood test - it's all there on the screen in front of you". 

Nurse: "Oh, yes" (arranges appointment for next week). 

Mrs M returns home, checks calendar and realises that the date arranged clashes with another hospital appointment. Phones surgery to rearrange flu jab. Long wait. Eventually (missing out a lot of telephone system anarchy here), she gets through to a secretary. 

Mrs M: "I'd like to rearrange my flu jab (gives name)" 

Secretary: "You're not entitled to priority, you're not over 65, you'll have to go on a waiting list". 

Secretary: "I don't know anything about that. I'll put you on the waiting list" (hangs up). 

So she's letting some time pass in order to calm down before phoning them AGAIN.... 

Next time just mention that you'll be reporting them to the CQC, usually brings even your typical Doctors gatekeeper to attention

About 7 months ago I came up against a similr brick wall over a copy my medical records, Doctor's insisting I put the request in writing etc. I hit them with the ICO in that instance as I just told them they were currently breaking the law.... blah

Doctors surgeries do not like being told they'll be reported to the correct authority, attention for the CQC in this case is someth8ing they most definitely will not want

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Had to Mooney. Turns out I’ve heard of her husband. 

Sad story. As for the candid nature of it on social media, well I’m a bit numb to it. I doubt it would be in my mindset, but it is for a quite a few, it’s what they know, controlling the story I guess. 

I feel like I’ve seen a story like this before but I can’t quite place where.

That, for me, is the nub of it. She's trying to stay relevant by living her life like an open wound on social media. Absolutely horrible what happened but I can't get the mindset of posing for a staged photograph, minutes after a miscarriage. I just don't get it. 

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

That, for me, is the nub of it. She's trying to stay relevant by living her life like an open wound on social media. Absolutely horrible what happened but I can't get the mindset of posing for a staged photograph, minutes after a miscarriage. I just don't get it. 

I don't think it's a relevancy thing, personally.  It's a pretty raw showing of a tragic time which plenty of people go through and yet has very little exposure.  This is something that will impact on people for years and years, let alone the immediacy of finding out you're not going to be a mother (just yet).  This highlights it in a pretty poignant way - isn't something that would cross my mind, but I don't live in the public eye.

And that's another potential point really.  The celebrity World must be **** horrific to live in and here's someone famous (stateside) who everyone would have known is pregnant and would've been asked a million times what happened etc. when there's no baby.  This deals with it all straight away and probably allows her/her husband to "get on" with grieving more privately.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Whilst I agree with you, I imagine from a woman's perspective, it actually opens up the discussion of what even now is a taboo subject.

I also didn't know who she is, but through people i follow in Twitter liking it, brought it to my attention.

The comments were a mixed bag, some horrible, obviously.

Â