Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 07/03/2020 at 10:00, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Going to the airport is a day out for some remember.  "Yep, look Jeff it really is cancelled.  Tut."

Like a small heath going for a job interview dressed as a Peaky Bender knowing deep down it will end up as always with disappointment and humiliation in equally high levels. 

Same as a trip to A & E for some. 

Mom, Dad, kids, aunts and uncles and elderly parents. "Who fancies a trip to Heartlands Hospital today?!"

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Once it's announced, I imagine the people who could send such notifications no longer have a job and aren't permitted to login and send out notifications to customers, even if they wanted to do it when they know they're not being paid.

It was on the front page of pretty much every paper and the top headline on tv/radio though. There's no helping some people.

"No one from Flybe has been in touch to tell me anything"

Thats because they no longer exist mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, but I think it's fair enough for people not to know really. It was fairly sudden, at least in terms of its media treatment, and if you didn't watch or listen to the news *on one day* you could have missed it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, but I think it's fair enough for people not to know really. It was fairly sudden, at least in terms of its media treatment, and if you didn't watch or listen to the news *on one day* you could have missed it.

Especially as they seemed to wait until the last plane was grounded for the day before announcing it. People on early flights might have gone to bed early in anticipation of long days travelling ahead of them

• Like 2

Been sick with mono for weeks now. Had lots of complications. 

I finally started getting better as dicloxacillin sorted put the super infection so I can breath and sleep again. 

Then suddenly the penicillin gives me a massive allergic reaction (I'm guessing). 

Just woke up and every single place on my body I've ever had a pimple has broken out in one massive acne attack, along with just red areas like a rash. Literally my entire chest, upper back, neckline and next to the sides of forehead. Everywhere. 

I am 35 and it looks like I'm 13. Pissed off doesn't cover it. 

34 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I finally started getting better as dicloxacillin sorted put the super infection so I can breath and sleep again. 

Then suddenly the penicillin gives me a massive allergic reaction (I'm guessing). 

Just woke up and every single place on my body I've ever had a pimple has broken out in one massive acne attack, along with just red areas like a rash. Literally my entire chest, upper back, neckline and next to the sides of forehead. Everywhere. 

You need to sit in your room listening to tapes. 

• Like 1

Just had a message from next door asking if I could sign their mortgage papers to say I've witnessed them signing it. They would like me to do today if possible so they can send off first thing tomorrow.

Yes that's fine I reply, when would you like me to do it?

Asap please

Ok I'm free now?

Ok well were just going to have a coffee and then we want to have some dinner etc

Why bloody ask at that time and to do asap if they are not ready to do it!!!!! I've just said sorry I'm going out shortly, unless I can do it now..... I'm not and they will certainly know I'm not either...  

Edited by leighavfc

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Once it's announced, I imagine the people who could send such notifications no longer have a job and aren't permitted to login and send out notifications to customers, even if they wanted to do it when they know they're not being paid.

Some bod at EY could have done it, perhaps.

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I discovered my Penicillin allergy when I was 12 or 13, I had Glandular Fever. In my case the allergy replicated the symptoms of GF so it just seemed like I wasn't getting better. It finally dawned on them that stopping the medication might be the solution. Stopped taking the medication and bingo, I got better

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

I discovered my Penicillin allergy when I was 12 or 13, I had Glandular Fever. In my case the allergy replicated the symptoms of GF so it just seemed like I wasn't getting better. It finally dawned on them that stopping the medication might be the solution. Stopped taking the medication and bingo, I got better

Allergies are scary as hell. My ex developed a penicillin allergy when she was 28, she'd taken them regularly until then, took them once after an infection, had a rash but didn't think much of it, took them again and had an anaphylactic reaction just out of nowhere. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Skin Aids.

Genuinely not knowing whether to go to Brum this weekend.  4 airports, 2 planes and one mass (indoor) gathering sounds like quite the risk to take.  Not so much for myself but for who I potentially bring it back to :(

Â