Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Had a curry last night and used half my loo roll with my morning dump today

I should have thought about the consequences of a jalfrezi 😬

I've got a phaal tonight.

May need to revert to a korma or pasanda. 

should really go in the “things you don’t get” thread but I really can’t understand this fixation people have with curry ... don’t get me wrong I’m partial to a cheesy Naan and a tandoori mixed grill , but a couple of times a year , not every week 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

should really go in the “things you don’t get” thread but I really can’t understand this fixation people have with curry ... don’t get me wrong I’m partial to a cheesy Naan and a tandoori mixed grill , but a couple of times a year , not every week 

I have the same opinion but with Chinese food. Its ok but I'll have it once a year if that. 

Indian food though, probably once a week but could live on it if needed! 

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Shaaannnnddyyyy Driiiinnnkkkkeeer!

Stick to yer jellied eels

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I have the same opinion but with Chinese food. Its ok but I'll have it once a year if that. 

Indian food though, probably once a week but could live on it if needed! 

I'm kinda like that with alcohol. I love some ardbeg, nikka, good vino or a beer, but I think I'm down to once a month now. 

It's quite a recent development for me, but that's how it is. Not sure why 😂

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not often I'm in full agreement with the Tonester, but yeah, this. Two or three curries a year, if only to be sociable. If it was just me I'd never bother with it. Too much unpleasantness for very little pleasure. 

Yep, curry once a week every week. But it’s not just ‘curry’ is it. There’s an infinite variety.

I had a whiskey last night, that was my first booze of any description in quite a few weeks. Not that bothered by having a drink, even if I ended up in a pub there’s as much chance of me having a Diet Coke as a pint of beer. 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, curry once a week every week. But it’s not just ‘curry’ is it. There’s an infinite variety

They all taste pretty much the same to me. Genuinely. 

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

They all taste pretty much the same to me. Genuinely. 

So, ordinarily, can you taste the difference between tomato and onion as opposed to, say, coconut, cream and raisin?

Can you ordinarily tell prawn from chicken or cauliflower or lamb? Coriander from ginger?

You must be eating similar ingredients in every ‘different’ curry, without me trying to sound sarcastic!

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, ordinarily, can you taste the difference between tomato and onion as opposed to, say, coconut, cream and raisin?

Can you ordinarily tell prawn from chicken or cauliflower or lamb? Coriander from ginger?

You must be eating similar ingredients in every ‘different’ curry, without me trying to sound sarcastic!

Yes, of course I can - when they aren't polluted with **** ing curry flavour! 

41 minutes ago, choffer said:

Popped in to the office last night to make sure all was in order since we shut down a week ago. Spied that the small M&S next door was empty so thought I’d pop in and see if they had any milk or fruit. Should have known they’d been cleaned out so to mitigate the disappointment I thought I’d treat myself to a beer or two. I hardly ever drink but thought I might need a treat. I only noticed when I got home.......

1BC242BE-8C58-4BBC-9C23-FE26ADDFB50E.jpeg

I like Brewdog, but I've tasted that and it's shite

• Like 2

I tried the Heineken alcohol free beer at Villa Park when I went for a stadium tour a couple of weeks ago. I’ve always rated Heineken just above drinking warm piss, but the 0% version was quite nice. 

Shaun Teale had one too, so if it’s good enough for him... 

Edited by It's Your Round

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have a curry at least once a week. I am having home made one tonight and had one on Monday. Like Xela could live off them if need be.  

Same here. Eat out, Microwave, Take-out or make my own. They are also the the thing I cook the best

• Like 1

On 19/03/2020 at 14:06, bickster said:

In a former life, I used to own a nightclub

In my current life I work in the bowels of a call centre

The women's toilets are ALWAYS the worst

In the nightclub it was a horror scene for the cleaner nearly every morning. Absolutely horrendous. There were times I was that cleaner. These days I'd want a Hazmat suit before attempting

Yep, I used to work for McDonald's in my college years and the Women's toilets were ALWAYS worse than the mens without fail. 

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I like a curry but I don't get the obsession of having it as hot as possible. Just macho bullshit. A bit of heat and plenty of flavour is the way to go.

So glad I have found a new decent curry house after a 10 year search after the one of my youth closed down. 

Â