Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Its just "speculating" on it.

Its not the same as being pleased someone has died, or in the case of the poor guy from Love Island getting his eye blown in half. That's very shitty.

Personally, I don't give a crap if people do it. I'm definitely NOT ** one of the PC police, and this is the first time I express my personal opinion on it. 

But it seems like there is a winner, there are points, and I can only presume there would be some satisfaction (if you can call it that!) that my celebrity has died and I guessed they would. I even get 200 points for it!

** Edited - I am NOT one of the PC police ;) 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2019 at 15:54, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not so sure why they go off in baseball when it rains though as it doesn't have to bounce before the batter hits it. 

Injury risk at slipping I'm guessing the main one, then it's not ideal if you're trying to track a ball in the air when it's chucking it down.

It's worth remembering that in cricket there's hundreds of runs, in baseball there's a dozen, so not tracking a ball and letting it drop is going to potentially change the outcome. Then these players are on contracts worth hundreds of millions, so they need to protect their investment. Whereas cricketers... aren't. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Personally, I don't give a crap if people do it. I'm definitely one of the PC police, and this is the first time I express my personal opinion on it. 

But it seems like there is a winner, there are points, and I can only presume there would be some satisfaction (if you can call it that!) that my celebrity has died and I guessed they would. I even get 200 points for it!

I assumed that at first, but to be honest that's very muted. It's mostly just an updating list of which famous people have died. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

yeah, I looked at the deadpool thread once or twice and never visited again.

This person will die, or that person will die. I bet they will.

Here is my guess, your mum will die. Is that cool too? 

I think there is a difference in a bit of dark humour in ghoulishly predicting who will die in the upcoming year to actually revelling in the fact it has happened. The latter has never happened as far as I know. Apart from Margaret Thatcher I imagine which is expected noting the fact this forum is a haven for woolly liberal terrorist sympathisers :trollface:

I hate Love Island and everything it stands for but i'd never enjoy anyone in it being injured or maimed. 

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

People writing out football songs the wrong way.

For example, I've seen today "Englands, number 1! Englands, Englands number 1!"

I've brought this one up myself, and found disagreement. Same tune, the "give us a wave" chant. The first instance of the name should be the double one, the second, the extended one. Thus:

Deano, Deano, give us a wave

Dean-ohhhh, give us a wave

I constantly see it being quoted the other way round.

• Like 1

The fact that my friends due to visit this afternoon aren't going to make it down until about 8-9 PM.  I really shouldn't grumble as they've had to put their family rabbit to sleep 😥.  

There's people on youtube feeding their pet snakes and frogs live animals. People in the comments saying that it's natural, that would be the case if the snake was out in the wild catching it's own food, but not when it's a pet, and most of them are being fed bunny rabbits that are looking for an home themselves. Most of these snakes look like they're kept in really cramp conditions as well.

• Like 3

On 29/08/2019 at 17:38, Xela said:

I think there is a difference in a bit of dark humour in ghoulishly predicting who will die in the upcoming year to actually revelling in the fact it has happened. The latter has never happened as far as I know. Apart from Margaret Thatcher I imagine which is expected noting the fact this forum is a haven for woolly liberal terrorist sympathisers :trollface:

I hate Love Island and everything it stands for but i'd never enjoy anyone in it being injured or maimed. 

I thought we had a separate thread for dancing on the grave of the Witch? :)

Edited by snowychap

7 hours ago, trekka said:

The fact that my friends due to visit this afternoon aren't going to make it down until about 8-9 PM.  I really shouldn't grumble as they've had to put their family rabbit to sleep 😥.  

Well, at least you'll all have something for dinner, so there's always an upside :thumb:*

*(sorry, I'm an asshole.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Jack Grealish has posted on Instagram him with his 16-year-old sister wishing her happy birthday. And people have been tearing into her in the comments. Why does this piss me off so much? Literally felt the rage rising in me.

Because you're being confronted with the fact that about 87.9% of the worlds population are uncaring, nasty shit-heads with little to no compassion or empathy for each other or to the world around them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Jack Grealish has posted on Instagram him with his 16-year-old sister wishing her happy birthday. And people have been tearing into her in the comments. Why does this piss me off so much? Literally felt the rage rising in me.

That's **** disgraceful and shameful. And then people wonder why and assume the belief the world is unfair and unkind. It starts with you. Superficial morons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Because you're being confronted with the fact that about 87.9% of the worlds population are uncaring, nasty shit-heads with little to no compassion or empathy for each other or to the world around them.

I'd wager the vast majority of nasty comments are from blues fans. They really are pond life. 

• Like 2

On 29/08/2019 at 16:18, kurtsimonw said:

People writing out football songs the wrong way.

For example, I've seen today "Englands, number 1! Englands, Englands number 1!"

Knee burn black toe

Â