Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Siblings.... don’t see them for months at a time but when I see my sister, I can barely get a sentence out of her. 

Me and my brother are in our 40's but when we see each other it's like we are 12 again.

We just take the mick constantly.  Proper funny.  Any slight mistake or pause or drop something,  anything really i will get something like "look at him the dementia riddled t**t".  My mom and dad love it as well,  my mom's good for the "one of them was adopted and we found the other one lines as well"😃.  Like old times.  I don't think we will ever grow up when we are together, It would have happened by now.  I only see my family once or twice a year so I suppose we need it too count.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Me and my brother are in our 40's but when we see each other it's like we are 12 again.

We just take the mick constantly.  Proper funny.  Any slight mistake or pause or drop something,  anything really i will get something like "look at him the dementia riddled t**t".  My mom and dad love it as well,  my mom's good for the "one of them was adopted and we found the other one lines as well"😃.  Like old times.  I don't think we will ever grow up when we are together, It would have happened by now.  I only see my family once or twice a year so I suppose we need it too count.

You're very fortunate. 

admittedly we're both busy, have a lot going on and live 200 miles apart so only see each other maybe 2-3 times a year. 

there's just no engaging her in conversation at all during our family get togethers. It's fine with my niece and brother in law but brick wall from her. 

I've been living/working away from my own family since May on a difficult job, but not one utterance of how we were doing etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You're very fortunate. 

admittedly we're both busy, have a lot going on and live 200 miles apart so only see each other maybe 2-3 times a year. 

there's just no engaging her in conversation at all during our family get togethers. It's fine with my niece and brother in law but brick wall from her. 

I've been living/working away from my own family since May on a difficult job, but not one utterance of how we were doing etc. 

That's a but rubbish for you to be fair.  I think about it like this (which is a bit odd I know),  I might only see my family / Brother 30 or 40 more times in my life if I am lucky,  due to age and location primarily but also that's how life goes.  You don't know how many times there are so.  Get her on her own and tell her what you think,  you only get one chance so she might as well tell you whats what.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

That's a but rubbish for you to be fair.  I think about it like this (which is a bit odd I know),  I might only see my family / Brother 30 or 40 more times in my life if I am lucky,  due to age and location primarily but also that's how life goes.  You don't know how many times there are so.  Get her on her own and tell her what you think,  you only get one chance so she might as well tell you whats what.

Totally agree and Have tried in the past but it never changes.

It’s civil but that’s about it! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I despise living in a flat on days like this :(

Are you still banned from sutton park cos of your "unfortunate" incident with that jack russell in the bushes ? ;)

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Are you still banned from sutton park cos of your "unfortunate" incident with that jack russell in the bushes ? ;)

I still maintain the dog started it

#metoo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wearily, I'll bite : what is tittish in particular about that tweet? 

Because only a tit would try to make populist political capital out of a sporting achievement and if that doesn't piss you off - fine, it pisses me off no end though

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wearily, I'll bite : what is tittish in particular about that tweet? 

I think if he went down the "Well done lad's and everyone involved,  what a result",  and left it at that then,  yeah,  great.

If we had lost he would have probably used the batting collapse as a metaphor for the NHS or something.  It's just not good.

In it's purist form it's a bit, 

"Well done on your brilliant GCSE results,  bad luck on the terminal illness."

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think if he went down the "Well done lad's and everyone involved,  what a result",  and left it at that then,  yeah,  great.

If we had lost he would have probably used the batting collapse as a metaphor for the NHS or something.  It's just not good.

Well, there have been several English batting collapses this year, so I'm sure you can point me to tweets which do exactly that. 

The only 'political' point is that it would be better if big cricket matches weren't on sky, a point which is hardly particularly controversial, and which has been voiced throughout the cricket press all summer. 

Just looking to be annoyed by nothing imo. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, there have been several English batting collapses this year, so I'm sure you can point me to tweets which do exactly that. 

The only 'political' point is that it would be better if big cricket matches weren't on sky, a point which is hardly particularly controversial, and which has been voiced throughout the cricket press all summer. 

Chill.  Calm down mate. 

He chooses something middle of the road so it's a nothing really, waste of time,  just so he stands out from the normal messages of support and welwishers. might as well say "I like bread" at the end.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You can see the irony in this I hope 😁 This is the what (Insert title here) thread,  can you point me to that ?  

"I like cola bottles,  should be free"

Â