Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 31/08/2019 at 01:12, TheAuthority said:

Well, at least you'll all have something for dinner, so there's always an upside :thumb:*

*(sorry, I'm an asshole.)

Sorry....i couldn't resist ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm reading a lease agreement for a new office. Every pronoun is capitalised and commas appear to replace and and or

It's really not easy reading.

Is that the start of a new sentence? Did they miss something out?

Far too large a part of my working life is spent reading through leases. Absolutely horrible things. Worst is when you get 100 pages of uneccessary circular references pointing you to different sections.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm reading a lease agreement for a new office. Every pronoun is capitalised and commas appear to replace and and or

It's really not easy reading.

Is that the start of a new sentence? Did they miss something out?

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watching 'Celebrity' MasterChef.

5 'celebrities' in the heat. I recognise 2, and of those I could name 1. Even when they named them I'd no idea who they were.

And I'm not someone who prides themselves on being ignorant of mass culture or the like. I'm as open to watching most shit as anyone. But these people aren't celebrities.

As an idea of the standard of fame we're talking about here, the one I knew the name of? Neil Ruddock.

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

you've already put me off, the man's an oaf

I can't say he's my favourite personality.

But he stands out in the crowd as someone legitimately famous, if Z list. The others in the heat were a Strictly dancer, a Paralympian, a fashion designer, none of which I'd heard of or ever seen before, and Joey Essex, who I have heard of and recognised the face but wouldn't have known to put the two together.

You can hear the barrel being scraped over the sizzling of the pans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Daughters welcome to year 8 thing at school today , head of year was speaking about how you could help your daughter by having no mobile times you know like at the dinner table so they could engage in the act of conversation 

i looked around and the 6 mums all sitting around me were on facebook or WhatsApp , thing is you could see it was like an addiction for them checking it every 20 seconds

dont get me wrong I use my phone a lot but not when other people are speaking , complete lack of courtesy and manners 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

i looked around and the 6 mums all sitting around me were on facebook or WhatsApp , thing is you could see it was like an addiction for them checking it every 20 seconds

It is and its a common sight in my office as well. I've said before but i'd love to see FB and Insta and Twitter go down for a week or so just to see the reaction. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

2nd year seniors then

I kind of understand why they standardised the years across primary and secondary schools. But then for some reason they continue to call years 12 and 13 the 'sixth form'. It must baffle the kids. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I kind of understand why they standardised the years across primary and secondary schools. But then for some reason they continue to call years 12 and 13 the 'sixth form'. It must baffle the kids. 

Yes but year 1 is second year infants because year one is reception so there is no logical standardisation

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but year 1 is second year infants because year one is reception so there is no logical standardisation

True. It's like football, where the third division is called League One. 

• Like 1

Â