Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I went to infants, then junior school then secondary school for years 1 to 5. Even with a child of my own I never got and continue not to get the modern school years. 

Same here, I have 2 children going through it and have no idea.  Ironically my son has just started what the school and all pupils refer to as 6th form which obviously refers to the old 5 years of senior system.  Why isn't it now 12th form? 

10 hours ago, snowychap said:

Will he?

That sounds a little glib.

Certainly wasn’t my intention. I don’t know his personal circumstances but I was only intending to offer some words of encouragement in what is clearly a difficult time. If it came across as glib, I apologise. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, choffer said:

Certainly wasn’t my intention. I don’t know his personal circumstances but I was only intending to offer some words of encouragement in what is clearly a difficult time. If it came across as glib, I apologise. 

It was direct, but I think glib is OTT. You've got nothing to apologise for. I could tell you were being supportive!

On 13/06/2019 at 07:43, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Sorry to hear about your sleep troubles.

I have it now and then as well.  Same as you my mrs goes to sleep in under a minute sometimes.

I have got ADHD / ADD and some other things so my brain is on the go all the time.

I had a bad night last night actually.

I left my job in September and the stress of the job and travel was a lot of the problem.  If I didn't fancy work the next day or th elong travel (3+ hours a day travel) then I would lie awake all night,  make mistakes at work, worry about that and around and around we go. Work was a lot of the problems it seems.

Few things I and my mrs did to improve things.(Just some ideas).

- Routine:- Most important.

1. Get up at exactly the same time every day no matter what (Ext sundays but don't go mad.  +30 mins is enough.

2. Go to bed at exactly the same time every day no matter what. (Experiment and see what works) - Get absolutely physically knackered one day (Dunno ,  do 15-20 k steps in a day,  have proper meals and see if that works,  if not try something else.  Walking is key for me,  I walk 7-9 k a day easily).

3. Try not to look at TV / Screens for 15 mins + before bed.  If your brain is like mine it will re-run it on the back of your eyelids for a while in bed.  

4. F**K your mobile off after 9.00pm,  it's too alerty for me so I put it on silent (Heart rate monitor if you don't believe me (Fitbit,  test it.  week with phone week without).  It can wait mate,  send nothing and you dont worry if they replied.  (I don't even have facebook anymore).

5. Get your stuff ready for the morning,  this is part of the routine before bed.  So,  coffee machine is full or kettle,  cups out,  spoons in,  we got milk, keys, phone, wallet , shoes,phone is on charge, doors locked (example of a good insert to routine as you remove the worry and item such as this),  car is already full of petrol etc(Like no stress in the morning is the idea),  routine......you are too slowly get your brain and body ready for bed.

- I walk my dog at 11.00pm every night for 10 mins as part of my routine.  Get home, keys by my phone, lock the doors.

- Get a new mattress.  I got the one of the TV,  so well expensive but well worth it. (Remove the "Bed is **** aspect,  get a really expensive pillow as well,  treat yourself)

- Make the room dark as F***,  get a blind & curtains for double protection from the light.
- Quiet,  get some ear plugs.  It's ace once you get used to it.

This works for me most of the time,  you need to think of tactics to beat this as being tired every day is not good for you or anyone else.  

No more alcohol (Until you are winning,  sorry about that but it ****s it all up) or sleeping pills as it skews the results.  You can't beat it with these on the go as well IMO.  

Hope some of this helps.  It can be done mate.

Old post but this is a beauty.  I’m really struggling lately with feeling tired all the time even when I’m having plenty of sleep. Will try some of these methods. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Yep, sorry. I read it wrongly.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2019 at 16:42, choffer said:

You got one, you'll get another. Not trying to diminish the disappointment as I've no doubt it smarts (I've been there a couple of times in my career). Take some time to sulk about it and then go out and get back into it.

Sorry it's happened to you though. Must be a crappy feeling.

It feels really demoralising, I worked for 17 years as a bricklayer and now I've got arthritis in both shoulders, as well as recently being diagnosed with essential tremor made laying bricks difficult, impossible on a bad day

The thing that's really done me is although I got a fair few interviews, I always told I didn't have enough experience for the jobs I was going for (mainly retail)

Eventually I got lucky and a friends of a friend got me this job, and after barely 4 months I'm back to square one

Went to a shop today that sold ‘world famous’ pork pies.

30 miles down the road when we found a spot to eat them ..... salt. Just salt no other flavour could push through. To the point I wondered if there’d been a mistake with the batch or something.

Was disappoint.

The way people make you feel or maybe it's my mind doing it.

Got woke up this morning by semi-detached neighbours playing loud music on their alexa at 07:30, it wasnt window rattling but enough to wake us up. Continued for half an hour until I've just gone round and asked them politely to turn it down. They were ok about it and apologised but I know they'll be cursing us to each other now. All I want is courteous neighbours, I dont want to fall out with anyone but I'm wondering if I did the right thing now or should I have let it slide? But 07:30 on a Sunday morning is taking the piss right? I'm not going mad am I?

Edited by Ingram85

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Got woke up this morning by detached neighbours playing loud music on their alexa at 07:30, it wasnt window rattling but enough to wake us up. Continued for half an hour until I've just gone round and asked them politely to turn it down. They were ok about it and apologised but I know they'll be cursing us to each other now. All I want is courteous neighbours, I dont want to fall out with anyone but I'm wondering if I did the right thing now or should I have let it slide? But 07:30 on a Sunday morning is taking the piss right? I'm not going mad am I?

If they are detached and at 7.30 on a Sunday you can hear their music, then you did nothing wrong. 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I forgot to type semi.

Still, loud music at 7.30 is pretty bad. My wife is constantly singing, I have to remind her of our neighbours not really wanting to hear her early in the morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Got woke up this morning by semi-detached neighbours playing loud music on their alexa at 07:30, it wasnt window rattling but enough to wake us up. Continued for half an hour until I've just gone round and asked them politely to turn it down. They were ok about it and apologised but I know they'll be cursing us to each other now. All I want is courteous neighbours, I dont want to fall out with anyone but I'm wondering if I did the right thing now or should I have let it slide? But 07:30 on a Sunday morning is taking the piss right? I'm not going mad am I?

That would wind me up to. 

What about people mowing their lawns around that time?   One of my neighbours does it about 7am when I like a lie in sometimes.  I think it’s inconsiderate.

Not everyone gets up early on a weekend. 

• Like 1

Â