Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:
NSFW, (a group of people, grinding on top of a bus stop).

The replies. 

I don't know why I bother quite honestly.  Even as a 32 year old, I find the responses terrifying.

I think what they're doing is pretty **** stupid, but people saying the entire festival was a failure, and Khan is encouraging this are so wide of the mark it's untrue.  They can't actually believe it. 

And it's all stirred by that dickhead (who apparently had sex in a field..), who puts the focus on it. 

Amazing how many hill billy Americans are having their say as well.  

The video isn't offensive at all, its a bit silly but the more worrying thing is this: 353 arrests, including 37 assaults on police, 34 for possessing offensive weapons and 10 'sexual' attacks. 

Its barely even mentioned as its become normal now for the carnival. I dread to think of the reaction if that level of crime was reported at football grounds over the weekend. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not so sure why they go off in baseball when it rains though as it doesn't have to bounce before the batter hits it.

Very difficult for the pitcher to grip the ball, grounders become wildly unpredictable for defenders, and also because of increased risk of injury (which sounds soft, but remember the earlier point about ball grip and the fact that they play 162 games/season + play offs.) 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Thanks 1

I had a moan about the pointless congratulatory emailers at work t'other day. Well the chief culprit surpassed himself today. He actually sent an email informing everyone of a new freephone location, in an area for which we only obtained a new licence to operate today. So far so good, that’s his job and the new licence is something to celebrate as it brings new opportunities.

He then replied to his own email with a one word email that just said Superb! He was essentially congratulating himself for fitting a phone

Absolute f***ing weapon

Work didn't pay me this week and the receptionist doesn't know who the payroll officer is so apparently can't make any inquiries for me.

I then speak to the head of the advisory board who can't tell me for certain but thinks there may not have been funds to pay me on time.

We're one of the biggest mental health clinics in the state. What kind of service do we deliver if we can't pay me $25 an hour.

• Sad 1

My neighbour and his daughter just came around to bring us a couple of slices of cake they'd baked. I've lived next to them for 5 years. Don't know their name, just give them the nod when we see each other.

I initially thought she was raising money for charity or something, but they weren't, she just wanted to be nice. Now I have an imbalanced relationship with the neighbours. I'm in a kindness deficit that I need to recover from. So thanks for the delicious cake. Bitch. :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

My neighbour and his daughter just came around to bring us a couple of slices of cake they'd baked. I've lived next to them for 5 years. Don't know their name, just give them the nod when we see each other.

I initially thought she was raising money for charity or something, but they weren't, she just wanted to be nice. Now I have an imbalanced relationship with the neighbours. I'm in a kindness deficit that I need to recover from. So thanks for the delicious cake. Bitch. :lol:

You've probably been drugged. ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The cake invoice will be in your post tomorrow!

Talking of young girls with cakes, I'm not sure if i ever mentioned this before. A couple of years back I was working from home and my front door buzzer went. Now I live on the top floor of a block of flats (or 'penthouse apartment' if I describe my abode to a lady) and very rarely have anyone at my front door. This is down to the secure entry on the ground floor and the fact I am a miserable antisocial word removed. Anyway, I look through my peephole in the door and there stands two teenage girls dressed in uniform holding a tray of cookies. No way was I answering the door, looked far too much like a setup!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Live text commentary of a penalty shootout. There's caps, so it's exciting.

Image result for what the hell gif

Nostalgic times .. I remember watching penalty shoot outs on teletext growing up 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Nostalgic times .. I remember watching penalty shoot outs on teletext growing up 

haha those were the days, letting it scroll through all the divisions to come back to the top flight and trying to play spot the difference. I bet they were about 8 minutes behind too.

Its not as good as my favourite football update from yester-year

DU-DU-DUDU DU-DU-DUDU IT'S A GOAL!!!

Scrolling through my twitter last night before bed, I came across a tweet that was something along the lines of "haha I've just heard some *** from Love Island has lost his sight in one eye after it got hit by a champagne cork. Good".

There was only a handful of replies but all of them were laughing and tweeting stuff like, "couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke", "I'm glad, I hate love island" and "Wouldn't have happened if he was having a pint like a normal bloke".

What's wrong with people? I quickly looked up the story and this poor bloke has lost sight in one eye after the cork split it in half.

I've never watched Love Island, couldn't care less about it, but I found it a bit upsetting that so many people were finding joy in this story.

Then again, I enjoy the VT deadpool thread so I'm a massive hypocrite.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Scrolling through my twitter last night before bed, I came across a tweet that was something along the lines of "haha I've just heard some *** from Love Island has lost his sight in one eye after it got hit by a champagne cork. Good".

There was only a handful of replies but all of them were laughing and tweeting stuff like, "couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke", "I'm glad, I hate love island" and "Wouldn't have happened if he was having a pint like a normal bloke".

What's wrong with people? I quickly looked up the story and this poor bloke has lost sight in one eye after the cork split it in half.

I've never watched Love Island, couldn't care less about it, but I found it a bit upsetting that so many people were finding joy in this story.

Then again, I enjoy the VT deadpool thread so I'm a massive hypocrite.

yeah, I looked at the deadpool thread once or twice and never visited again.

This person will die, or that person will die. I bet they will.

Here is my guess, your mum will die. Is that cool too? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Only if she dies in the next 4 months. If she's celebrating new year then I'm afraid you'll get nil points.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the dark humour, but betting on people dying and getting points for it just seems wrong.

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the dark humour, but betting on people dying and getting points for it just seems wrong.

Its just "speculating" on it.

Its not the same as being pleased someone has died, or in the case of the poor guy from Love Island getting his eye blown in half. That's very shitty.

• Like 2

Â