Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Ironbridge.

48700320751_e08eb9007b.jpg

I think I was duped by advertising puff. I had my picture taken in the doorway, excitedly clutching my purchases!

My better half pointed out later, those sort of places usually say ‘award winning’ or ‘prize winning’ and then have certificates or rosettes on a wall.

He could be world famous in pie circles for never having won anything, or services to the salt industry!

Anyway, don’t want to diss him too much, don’t know him, might have been a rogue batch...

Voted No.1 pie by Jamie Oliver magazine. Surprised it wasn’t added to the sign! 

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Curious why you traveled 30 miles to find a spot to eat it? Plenty of places around there.

Yeah, it wasn’t that I couldn’t find a pork pie friendly spot. It was more to do with buying my lunch at 10:30am having just finished a full on hotel breakfast, and having been out late the night before for a biriani (Mishu, in Madeley).

It’s all about pacing yourself.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was talking to an Englishwoman at The Cider House last night who asked me "Are you really an Aston Villa fan?" (I have a scarf on the wall behind the bar) I told her I was. She asked me why. I said because they are the quintessential English football club steeped in history and tradition. She said "All I think is THUGS." I corrected her and referred her to Small Heath.

The funny thing is I can really hear her voice from that quote. Her husband has probably anally gang raped someone on a rugby tour, but he's a thoroughly decent man.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Being inconsiderate may not make then bad people but is a massive character failing on their behalf. I'm a bit of a rocket polisher at the best of times but even I wouldn't dream of playing loud music early in the morning or late at night as I know my downstairs neighbours are a young couple with a kid. If I was doing DIY, even during the day, I'd go down and mention it to them or ask when they were going out so I could do it then and not disturb anyone. That is just basic manners. 

So Friday afternoon the bloke from the upstairs flat came down and started banging on the door. My wife had just got our young son to sleep and we were both exhausted, so we had decided to get some rest.

Now, he's a bit of a rocket polisher at the best of times but I had to answer the door  and he started going on about doing DIY?! He wanted to mention it us (and I'm guessing anyone else who would listen) and not to disturb us or some other rubbish. Honestly I wanted to chin him, but anyway I just smiled to get rid of him and went back to bed.

5 minutes later he's banging away at the walls and drilling for at least an hour. Neither of us could sleep and the baby was up and crying again almost immediately. What an absolute Representative that bloke is.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So Friday afternoon the bloke from the upstairs flat came down and started banging on the door. My wife had just got our young son to sleep and we were both exhausted, so we had decided to get some rest.

Now, he's a bit of a rocket polisher at the best of times but I had to answer the door  and he started going on about doing DIY?! He wanted to mention it us (and I'm guessing anyone else who would listen) and not to disturb us or some other rubbish. Honestly I wanted to chin him, but anyway I just smiled to get rid of him and went back to bed.

5 minutes later he's banging away at the walls and drilling for at least an hour. Neither of us could sleep and the baby was up and crying again almost immediately. What an absolute Representative that bloke is.

giphy-3.gif.250d1f5b38743a0ea532b13696d8

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The funny thing is I can really hear her voice from that quote. Her husband has probably anally gang raped someone on a rugby tour, but he's a thoroughly decent man.

I was about to post much the same thing. I very much doubt she was associating thuggery with Villa in particular (we've never had that sort of reputation), more 'soccer' in general. TBH, my wife has similar attitudes (but no love for 'rugger', either - she just hates all sport). 

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Ironbridge.

48700320751_e08eb9007b.jpg

I think I was duped by advertising puff. I had my picture taken in the doorway, excitedly clutching my purchases!

My better half pointed out later, those sort of places usually say ‘award winning’ or ‘prize winning’ and then have certificates or rosettes on a wall.

He could be world famous in pie circles for never having won anything, or services to the salt industry!

Anyway, don’t want to diss him too much, don’t know him, might have been a rogue batch...

This just reminds me of the scene from Elf...

I'm also aware this is the second time I've dug you out in separate threads today so for that I am sorry 😂

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Going away for a couple of nights later... and the weather is shocking. I wasn't expecting sunshine but being dry would have been nice. 

Go down South, the weather is meant to be quite decent down south this week

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Telford is a **** shit hole and the only good thing about it is nothing, I can't think of a good thing about it.

Everyone who lives there is scum and deserves bumming/shooting/hammering on the face.

I hope a pelican/giraffe hybrid does a poo on your houses. 

Sometimes at night time when everyone is asleep I go to telford to spit at it and throw litter on it.  I've kicked 4 bins over and moved 2 trolleys out of the Asda car park so they can't be used. 

I put a cone in front of the hospital doors so people can't go in, and Dr's cannot come out, to speed up the death of telfords people and I played music in my car radio at unsociable hours a bit too loud. 

haha telford, **** you. 

You have seen your last Like from me. See how you like them apples. 

Â