Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

And don't forget there was always the Angelus to look forward to at 6pm.

Hahaha so bizarre. 

You don’t realise how absurd that is until you try to explain it to a non Irish friend. 

• Like 2

Cricket. 

England are 34 for 3 with a wicket on the over on day 3 of the first test with the middle order on 39 balls and the duckworth Lewis method. 

**** off. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Cricket. 

England are 34 for 3 with a wicket on the over on day 3 of the first test with the middle order on 39 balls and the duckworth Lewis method. 

**** off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Also without looking it up, yes I believe it was. For a few years Film 4 was making some top-notch stuff. The current Film 4 TV channel is sadly disappointing. 

I remember "Good and bad at games" i think from C4 back in the day.........bunch of public school toffs picking on the class weed/runt.......fast forward on a few years and i think one or two of them play for the local village cricket team......when "Weedy" shows up for some revenge.

Good drama.....probably a bit dated now but enjoyable at the time

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Cricket. 

**** off. 

Is this during powerplay? 😂

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I remember "Good and bad at games" i think from C4 back in the day.........bunch of public school toffs picking on the class weed/runt.......fast forward on a few years and i think one or two of them play for the local village cricket team......when "Weedy" shows up for some revenge.

Good drama.....probably a bit dated now but enjoyable at the time

I remember watching that and thinking it reminded me of my state grammar school, when it suddenly dawned on me that the weedy kid was played by Anton Lesser, whom I knew from school - he was THE star actor in all our school plays (and, incidentally, his dad was my local barber). He went on to join the Royal Shakespeare Company, as well as doing loads of TV (currently the police chief in "Endeavour"). Pretty sure he drew on Moseley Grammar for his role in "...Games". Good film, I'd like to see it again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Temperatures next week - 35, 39, 38, 35, 34

**** that, I'm going to melt 

Wow. Take ten degrees off that, and I'd be uncomfortably hot. 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Is this during powerplay? 😂

Who cares 

Cricket is shit, out seamer, in swinger, don't play in the drizzle, the crease, the wicket, stop playing for lunch, square side, leg before wicket

How on earth anyone can enjoy this game is beyond me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Who cares 

Cricket is shit, out seamer, in swinger, don't play in the drizzle, the crease, the wicket, stop playing for lunch, square side, leg before wicket

My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just takes a bit of intelligence and attention span really.

When I watch football I want to be entertained. When I look to use my intelligence or attention span I do a cross word, play chess or read a book.

5 days of ridiculous rules is not entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

When I watch football I want to be entertained. When I look to use my intelligence or attention span I do a cross word, play chess or read a book.

5 days of ridiculous rules is not entertaining.

Horses for courses isn't it? Plenty of football isn't entertaining - we put up with years of dross. 

Some cricket (T20, ODI) is entertaining all day. Some test cricket can be a bit dull but when its tight and the pendulum is swinging between the teams then there is very little to beat it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Horses for courses isn't it? Plenty of football isn't entertaining - we put up with years of dross. 

Some cricket (T20, ODI) is entertaining all day. Some test cricket can be a bit dull but when its tight and the pendulum is swinging between the teams then there is very little to beat it. 

I guess it's each to their own. I always say that football is the best sport on the planet because it's the easiest sport. You just kick stuff, and that's all it takes.

I feel like cricket is complicated for the sake of it. I like baseball - I can't stand cricket.

A few weeks off work in the middle of a hot summer, beers, all windows open, test match on in background while I'm piddling about the house/garden = bliss.

Hard to explain but if you get it then it's great. If not it doesn't matter. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Who cares 

Work pretty well as Chas & Dave lyrics though.

• Haha 1

Â