Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I don't know how to feel, I just got promoted to the job I've unofficially been doing for about a year, and the mostly poorly delivered 'good news' I've ever received

"You'll get paid x within 2 years, but we have a cap on how much of an increase we can give at once, and your current pay is so low we have to give you multiple rises  instead of all at once" 

I had absolutely no problem with my current salary until he said the actual words "your current pay is so low". That's how you don't deliver news of a payrise. 

Edited by Davkaus

On 22/06/2019 at 18:42, mjmooney said:

They say Chumbawumba, when the band's name is Chumbawamba. I don't give a toss about the band, just the mispronunciation. It's like 'Trivial Pursuits'. 

Or Solfadeine.

• Like 1

"Did somebody say just eat"? singing advert. Whoever came up with that better hope I never find out their names and addresses. Word Removeds.

2 adverts in a row on YouTube before the video starts.

• Like 1

I lent somebody at work my process guide for them to look through. It’s about 50 pages long and held together with a bulldog clip and it’s been my bible for about a year now.

They gave it back to me this afternoon with the pages completely out of order and with greasy finger prints on as if they’ve been eating crisps whilst fingering through my sacred text.

Thanks for that you utter ballbag.

Ah well, next time they ask me a question about the process I may accidentally leave out a big piece of information. Y’know, cos the page wasn’t there.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know how to feel, I just got promoted to the job I've unofficially been doing for about a year, and the mostly poorly delivered 'good news' I've ever received

"You'll get paid x within 2 years, but we have a cap on how much of an increase we can give at once, and your current pay is so low we have to give you multiple rises  instead of all at once" 

I had absolutely no problem with my current salary until he said the actual words "your current pay is so low". That's how you don't deliver news of a payrise. 

Personally speaking "Oi F***tard, yer getting more dosh" is perfectly acceptable in my book. It's how they approach demotion and the pay decrease I get fussy about :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Way to boost your ego!

I hate companies who come out with bullshit about having limits on how much they can increase your salary in one go etc. Its rubbish. They can get anything signed off if they take it high enough. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Heard this same story from my brother in law a few months back. He was on poor money and the rise he was getting was about 5k a year. He was over the moon as he's a young lad in his first rented house, so the extra money was very welcome. Next time i saw him he was despondant...saying they cant increase his money more than a certain percentage in one go!!!

Well that all went out of the window when he handed in his notice, he'd been offered a similar job elsewhere for the money he should be getting.

Oh, er, yeah....we've had a word with the big boss and he's authorised your pay increase immediately.

Representatives for Wellingborough

To be fair, the company I work for is ace, I have no complaints really, and I'm not one of these fools who sticks around in a job just due to laziness. I update my CV every few months and check what the going rate is on job sites. For the area I work in, I'm paid well above average for my role (even the one I've been doing unofficially), so I'm pretty pleased to be getting an extra payrise.

It's just that my boss is a bit of a clown and can't have an interaction with anyone without ballsing it up.  Fortunately I speak to him about once a month, so it's easily ignored. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Way to boost your ego!

I hate companies who come out with bullshit about having limits on how much they can increase your salary in one go etc. Its rubbish. They can get anything signed off if they take it high enough. 

My thoughts too. Sounds like bollocks. 

It probably means “we have to increase your salary slowly otherwise people will notice”

if they really wanted to they’d increase it. 

And the justification should be if they don’t increase your salary then they’d have to pay the extra to hire someone else anyway. 

When i see mates or usually the wives/girlfriends of mates selling stuff on shpock (or whatever it's called) typically for about £3 like a second hand pair of shoes or a onesie; a sterilising unit or kiddies toys......again, usually for £2 - £4. These are people who are in good jobs too so aren't desperate for instant cash.

So.....they go to the trouble of photographing the items, sticking them online, inviting god knows who to their doorstep just to get £3 for a "hardly used" Tommy Tippee drinking mug that they might not want after seeing it for real ? Mental !

Before anyone says there are needy folk out there who are skint well, fine.....just bag it all up and give it away. A jumble sale, charity shop etc. 

My mate's daughter did it recently and for the 7 different items she separately photographed and posted she wanted the grand total of £14 🙄

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Work is shit really isn't it?

100% this.

I've had five days off in the last couple of weeks and trudging back into the office this morning made me unnecessarily grumpy.

There's this other cab firm in Burnley, they have used the same name as us, same font and same coulour scheme, they don't even make it obvious on twitter that they aren't us. People are always tweeting them thinking its us.

They complain about getting our tweets, this pisses me off, it's all their own doing!

Women who get pissed off at something in the world at take it out on me with some sort of passive aggressive silent treatment, without any explanation what so ever. Confuses the beejesus out of me. If I reach out in regards to what so wrong, then that's a mistake. If I leave it be, then that's wrong. **** if I will ever understand women. How married guys survive I will never know. She's croatian and I don't know if they are famous for being crazy, but sweet jesus they make giving a shit hard work

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Women who get pissed off at something in the world at take it out on me with some sort of passive aggressive silent treatment, without any explanation what so ever. Confuses the beejesus out of me. If I reach out in regards to what so wrong, then that's a mistake. If I leave it be, then that's wrong. **** if I will ever understand women. How married guys survive I will never know. She's croatian and I don't know if they are famous for being crazy, but sweet jesus they make giving a shit hard work

my experience of English and German women suggests that's not the problem

cant do right for wrong

mine this week barely spoke to me for 2 days because she made me a cup of tea wrong, me saying "don't worry I'll do it" wasn't the right answer, me laughing and saying "that's not what I wanted" wasn't the right answer, the day after me saying "I don't really care it was only a cup of tea" wasn't the right answer either

Edited by villa4europe
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You know why women hate each other?

Because they understand each other ;)

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nope. They're all like that. 

Say anything, "You're hassling me". 

Say nothing, "You're not interested in me, you just ignore me".

Synpathise, "Don't patronise me, you don't reslly care". 

Try to rationalise, "Don't mansplain".

Argue your side, "You're being aggresive, leave me alone".

Walk away, "That's it, just avoid the issue". 

Just pick your punishment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

When i see mates or usually the wives/girlfriends of mates selling stuff on shpock (or whatever it's called) typically for about £3 like a second hand pair of shoes or a onesie; a sterilising unit or kiddies toys......again, usually for £2 - £4. These are people who are in good jobs too so aren't desperate for instant cash.

So.....they go to the trouble of photographing the items, sticking them online, inviting god knows who to their doorstep just to get £3 for a "hardly used" Tommy Tippee drinking mug that they might not want after seeing it for real ? Mental !

Before anyone says there are needy folk out there who are skint well, fine.....just bag it all up and give it away. A jumble sale, charity shop etc. 

My mate's daughter did it recently and for the 7 different items she separately photographed and posted she wanted the grand total of £14 🙄

Yep I don't get this either.

My best mate and his wife do it a fair amount. They both have great jobs. She got a good inheritance so they live in like a 700 grand house with a pretty small mortgage relatively speaking.

Yet they're selling second hand pairs of baby shoes for like 4 quid on Facebook.

I guess if they manage to not touch the money and sell loads of stuff then it might end up being worth it. But I can't see them making more than a few quid. Hardly seems worth it. Jut take it to a charity shop or donate it in other ways.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, choffer said:

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

pw scrooge GIF

I get that, but from what I've seen they've probably made about £50-70 this year.

Which like I said is ok if you stick it in a pot and don't touch it. But assuming they're just getting 4 quid here and there every couple of weeks, it doesn't seem worth it

• Like 1

Â