Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, BOF said:

People who stir for less than 2 seconds are doing a shit job of it.  Also depends on how much sugar you've put in. But then these are things that shouldn't piss you off :P 

Sugar 😂 jesus christ.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blandy said:

The dynamics don't work like that. When people whizz down to the end of a closed lane and then, at the last minute want to filter to an open lane it means that lane's traffic has to stop moving, given a medium to high density of traffic (which there almost always is when motorway or Dual carriage ways are partially closed. When the traffic stops, all the gaps close and it ripples right down. Then when johnny pillock has been let in, it starts moving again, and that ripples back up the line. Leading to a bigger build up of traffic and longer delays. All to let one numpty push in. Then repeat.

The only way it can go smoothly is for traffic to keep moving, which means no whizzing down the end and trying to push in. People who do that are complete words removed. First against the wall come the revolution. Instead, they should filter at the first opportunity and maintain a gap to the car in front to keep the traffic moving to everyone's advantage.

Or, everyone uses both lanes and does a zipper feed 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Going out for a drink with a mate and his partner.

i buy a round of three drinks, next round my mate buys three drinks, third round - back to me and so on.... 

:( 

Your mate should be the one buying 2 out of every 3 drinks. Hope you told him!

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The last couple of pages remind me why I'm happy I don't have a car any more.

City driving, completely agree with you. Being out in the sticks the last few days it has been a pleasure. Empty roads and plenty of parking everywhere. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

City driving, completely agree with you. Being out in the sticks the last few days it has been a pleasure. Empty roads and plenty of parking everywhere. 

I bet you had a proper burblefest down those country lanes ;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

It’s not like that down in Devon, especially in the summer months.

roads clogged up by Nigels poorly towing shitty caravans for their annual pilgrimage to the seaside. 

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’m a polite guy ;) 

There are discreet ways of doing it... like saying to your pal... "Is your tight arsed missus going to put her hand in her pocket tonight or what?!"

Something like that :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It’s not like that down in Devon, especially in the summer months.

roads clogged up by Nigels poorly towing shitty caravans for their annual pilgrimage to the seaside. 

I think Devon and Cornwall have suffered by becoming too popular haven't they?

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yep, rightly so to some degree.

hard to find a nicer place (when the weather is spot on!) 

A friend of mine has moved to Launceston recently. Keep meaning to pop down and see them. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

A friend of mine has moved to Launceston recently. Keep meaning to pop down and see them. 

Launcestons alright, some nice pubs but has its fair share on six fingered folk too :D 

(it’s no Camborne in that respect though - there’s a town with a very limited gene pool!!!) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

it’s no Camborne in that respect though - there’s a town with a very limited gene pool

When I used to live in Cornwall, Camborne (and Redruth even more so) were proper Banjo playing grot-holes. At least Camborne had a night club which was OK-ish.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

When I used to live in Cornwall, Camborne (and Redruth even more so) were proper Banjo playing grot-holes. At least Camborne had a night club which was OK-ish.

And stuck in the middle of them is Pool.... I believe short for cesspool! 

Its still banjo land down there and possibly twinned with St Andrews ;) 

• Haha 1

Â