Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Two lanes drive to the very end to minimise the length of the queue. Nobody is 'expecting' to be let in - it's a zipper movement. One car from left lane, one from right lane.

Why can't people understand this?

Other than being stupid, it's also against the highway code which clearly states in the rule 264:

It isn't a zipper. It's selfish words removed expecting to be let in at the front. As Moonman says, in less strong terms :P

• Thanks 1

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

You baking a cake with it or just popped to the shops ? 

Har har har ;) 

I meant using it to create forms, or tables, or inserting pictures into bodies of text.

Word has a hissy fit if you move anything 1mm to the right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Har har har ;) 

I meant using it to create forms, or tables, or inserting pictures into bodies of text.

Publisher FTW.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Har har har ;) 

Use pre made templates and just change the column names or whatever,  delete what you dont want and swap the pictures.

Formatting is mostly done for you then. (Or just copy / paste a section of it,  eg Address and standard sections on top of  form / invoice )

Then keep it for further use whenever.  There is usually something close enough to get on with,  no need to keep building the foundations  over and over.

Picture problems are usually the stack,  ie (In line with text , in front etc).

hope that helps.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It isn't a zipper. It's selfish words removed expecting to be let in at the front. As Moonman says, in less strong terms :P

It isn't - but it should be to reduce the line!

Why can't everybody use both lanes? Where is the logic in this?

16 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It isn't - but it should be to reduce the line!

Why can't everybody use both lanes? Where is the logic in this?

I’m with you here. Road authorities specifically encourage you to use both lanes. There is literally no reason not to use both lanes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I’m with you here. Road authorities specifically encourage you to use both lanes. There is literally no reason not to use both lanes. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Use pre made templates and just change the column names or whatever,  delete what you dont want and swap the pictures.

Formatting is mostly done for you then. (Or just copy / paste a section of it,  eg Address and standard sections on top of  form / invoice )

Then keep it for further use whenever.  There is usually something close enough to get on with,  no need to keep building the foundations  over and over.

Picture problems are usually the stack,  ie (In line with text , in front etc).

hope that helps.

Don't need it much now, obviously, but when I was working I got pretty good with all that stuff, Word tables particularly. Used to run courses in it, in fact. Mostly forgotten now. But I did like Word. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

One of those lanes is usually reserved for German luxury marques only I thought.

• Haha 3

Just now, theboyangel said:

Going out for a drink with a mate and his partner.

i buy a round of three drinks, next round my mate buys three drinks, third round - back to me and so on.... 

:( 

See that only works if everyone's partnered up other wise its a round per person

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

One of those lanes is usually reserved for German luxury marques only I thought.

I’m not sure my 2013 Volkswagen Polo qualifies! 

Just now, bickster said:

Sorry that's a peoples car, not a special peoples car. You clearly didn't get the memo and are in the wrong lane 

**** that. Power to the people! 

• Haha 2

Â