Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Cricket. 

England are 34 for 3 with a wicket on the over on day 3 of the first test with the middle order on 39 balls and the duckworth Lewis method. 

**** off. 

The worlds shittest sport

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I feel like cricket is complicated for the sake of it. I like baseball - I can't stand cricket.

I always think there is an unnecessary amount of games in baseball. What is it? 162 in the season?

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always think there is an unnecessary amount of games in baseball. What is it? 162 in the season?

I don't even know that. When a game is on, I enjoy watching it, it's easy to follow. No idea how many games they play a season. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The worlds shittest sport

I once heard a debate - who is the physically fittest athlete. Footballer, Rugby player or a Cricket player.

I thought they were having a laugh. Do you have to be a top athlete to be a Cricketer? 

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I once heard a debate - who is the physically fittest athlete. Footballer, Rugby player or a Cricket player.

I thought they were having a laugh. Do you have to be a top athlete to be a Cricketer? 

Surely it's down to darts player, cricketer and Larper. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

They have to play a lot of games to separate the good teams from the bad teams. It is fairly frequent that the worst teams can beat the best teams in a one off game or even a three game series, as you can’t control baseball games the way you can a football game and more is left to small margins and chance. However, if you play enough games, the difference in quality will become apparent. The best teams will typically win 100+ games, and the worst teams will typically lose a similar amount. 

162 might be excessive, I don’t personally think so, but any significant reduction in games played would significantly increase the amount of chance involved in determining who gets to go to the play offs. 

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

In what way do people say that? Any way that isn’t a direct reference to the shit anarchy pop band is meaningless

They say Chumbawumba, when the band's name is Chumbawamba. I don't give a toss about the band, just the mispronunciation. It's like 'Trivial Pursuits'. 

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

They say Chumbawumba, when the band's name is Chumbawamba. I don't give a toss about the band, just the mispronunciation. It's like 'Trivial Pursuits'. 

You've lost me, sorry

EDIT: hell I'm tired, it's taken a hell of a time for me to see the difference

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Generally these days you do as fielding, hitting the ball for six and bowling at 90+mph are becoming more important, as well as dealing with the heat in most places it's played (assuming that was a genuine question).  I don't really get how you could like baseball more when they barely hit the ball at all in that and have very similar rules.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Generally these days you do as fielding, hitting the ball for six and bowling at 90+mph are becoming more important, as well as dealing with the heat in most places it's played (assuming that was a genuine question).  I don't really get how you could like baseball more when they barely hit the ball at all in that and have very similar rules.

Baseball is rounders with big bats, girls sport innit

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You've lost me, sorry

EDIT: hell I'm tired, it's taken a hell of a time for me to see the difference

WAmba, not wUmba. The two syllables don't rhyme. Just me being a pedant. 

• Like 1

Â