Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yeah, that works in a two lanes into one, both lanes going at the same speed situation. But that's not (if I understood right) what was being proposed for a 3 lane into one scenario, and talk of whizzing down to the end of the lane being closed off and then pulling into the open lane. But basically in dense traffic, which you get when there's lane closures on a busy highway, people zooming down right to the end of the closed lane(s) are words removed and should be shot. 

Yeah but when they close two lanes it's not just 3 lanes-3 lanes-3 lanes-1 lane

The first lane zips into the second, and then later zips into the third.

3 lanes-3lanes-3lanes-2lanes-2lanes-2lanes-1lane-1lane

If everyone fills up the road and zips in at the end then the traffic keeps moving (a bit) and nobody can speed down to the end and cut in because there's nowhere to go.

• Like 2

yep, if the motorway is 3 lanes to 1 in an instant that usually means an accident has just happened - and then all bets are off

it's usually a staggered merge, 3 to 2 and then further on up the road, 2 to 1

Often with blue signs saying 'use both lanes' then other blue signs saying 'merge in turn'. Of course, these signs are thoroughly ignored by mongs sat in the outside lane, not moving, trying to give you the moral death stare as you drift by, obeying the signage.

Edited by chrisp65
moral death stair!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

it's usually a staggered merge,

X X I   or TTI are pretty frequent on my journeys - more so than staggered merges, I reckon.

But as bad as the words removed zipping down to right to the end and then expecting to get let in are the authorities who leave those big massive overhead signs on saying "slow down Fog [or whatever]" when it cleared ages ago. Twunts.

Just now, blandy said:

X X I   or TTI are pretty frequent on my journeys - more so than staggered merges, I reckon.

But as bad as the words removed zipping down to right to the end and then expecting to get let in are the authorities who leave those big massive overhead signs on saying "slow down Fog [or whatever]" when it cleared ages ago. Twunts.

I particularly enjoy sitting there for 20 minutes, with a great big matrix sign just ahead, saying SLOW DOWN

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

When I used to live in Cornwall, Camborne (and Redruth even more so) were proper Banjo playing grot-holes. At least Camborne had a night club which was OK-ish.

Camborne is one of the most bleak places I've ever been.

I have a lot of family down in Cornwall, so have spent a fair bit of time there over the years. It still surprises me the dichotomy between the areas of the place. There's some really lovely areas and then you drive for 20 minutes and arrive in a places so bleak you can feel hope be drawn out of you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Signs on the motorway that say "Fog" are my favourite.

No shit. Thanks for pointing that out! I thought I was getting a cataract 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, blandy said:

Yeah, that works in a two lanes into one, both lanes going at the same speed situation. But that's not (if I understood right) what was being proposed for a 3 lane into one scenario, and talk of whizzing down to the end of the lane being closed off and then pulling into the open lane. But basically in dense traffic, which you get when there's lane closures on a busy highway, people zooming down right to the end of the closed lane(s) are words removed and should be shot. 

This happens a lot over here, especially has our major highway has been under construction for the last 2 years.

I drive a 4wd and have a large trailer for work. So I straddle both lanes so the words removed can't get past me, I get lots of abuse and dirty looks but I feel like I'm doing the general public a service 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This happens a lot over here, especially has our major highway has been under construction for the last 2 years.

I drive a 4wd and have a large trailer for work. So I straddle both lanes so the words removed can't get past me, I get lots of abuse and dirty looks but I feel like I'm doing the general public a service 😂

Have a massive like. Though to be fair my time in SA the main road dramas were wedge tailed eagles, dead roos and overtaking road trains.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Have a massive like. Though to be fair my time in SA the main road dramas were wedge tailed eagles, dead roos and overtaking road trains.

Wedge tailed eagles are a sight to be seen, what was cause for drama with them? I've never seen a wedge tailed eagle as roadkill.

I've seen them try and take out a fully grown red kangaroo before, which is the same size as a grown man, only more agile and balanced. Crazy.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I think Devon and Cornwall have suffered by becoming too popular haven't they?

12 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Yep, rightly so to some degree.

hard to find a nicer place (when the weather is spot on!) 

I'm not to sure, parts of Norfolk on a glorious day can give places a run for their money.

Holkham/Wells, Brancaster, Holt, Heacham and Cromer all great little places to be when that bad boy is blarring in the sky without a cloud in sight.

Having said that, I remember going to Looe and Polperro back in 1998 and that did leave a lasting impression on me too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Wedge tailed eagles are a sight to be seen, what was cause for drama with them? I've never seen a wedge tailed eagle as roadkill.

I've seen them try and take out a fully grown red kangaroo before, which is the same size as a grown man, only more agile and balanced. Crazy.

They are a sight indeed. Wonderful. Main issue was them feasting on roadkill and being so slow to take off that there was a risk of hitting them.

Here’s one I took earlier

IMG_1470.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I don't think he meant the Eagles were roadkill, but just about every other animal is unfortunately.

As for road trains, if you get behind one doing steady speed the slipstream will save you a ton of fuel!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Because the missus is a fan of his she decided to cook something from Jamie Oliver...unsurprisingly it's shit, recipe outright doesn't work (300ml of water in the oven then add cream...the water hasn't gone anywhere and the 2 don't mix, blindingly obvious)

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There is this guy in the office who takes about 10 minutes and 300 sentences to explain anything, full of useless information, trivial bullshit and inconsequential nonsense.

"Do you remember than time 6 months ago we got so and so to do that and we had that thing that happened and then we sent it here and then it came back and then we got so and so to sign it and then we sent it off but then there was an issue with it that was resolved and then so and so got involved but it's all sorted now but I found out last week that there was another issue...don't worry that one is sorted now but this one cropped up this morning and well...."

1. Mate, what is the current issue in one **** sentence.

2. What do you want me to do?

**** hell.

Probably just trying to pass the time so his day goes quicker and he can go home. 

Â