Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Because the missus is a fan of his she decided to cook something from Jamie Oliver...unsurprisingly it's shit, recipe outright doesn't work (300ml of water in the oven then add cream...the water hasn't gone anywhere and the 2 don't mix, blindingly obvious)

He's one annoying dick.

Next time, tell her to get all Nigella in the kitchen.. I am sure she might get your attention then!     😉

Edited by AvfcRigo82

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Next time, tell her to get all Nigella in the kitchen.. I am sure she might get your attention then!     😉

tumblr_mvuxprWyht1s1l0ilo1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Corrected for normal British folk.

Can confirm it's the remote in my house.  When I was a nipper it was 'the buttons'.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Eee, when I wor a lad, you had to get up and walk across the room to change TV channels. Then again there were only two to choose between. 

Me too.  I was the remote.  Then 'the buttons' came along and there were literally 4 of them.  Volume up and down, and channel up and down.  The telly was a Ferguson FWIW :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

the least I had was three, recall vividly Channel 4 coming in. It was like a whole new world.

First night had Countdown, a hilariously amateurish DIY programme (with what sounded like a reggae band rehearsing in the next studio), and the excellent P'tang Yang Kipperbang. 

Ptang yang kipperbang was exceptional, without looking up was it Jack Rosenthal?

Not to mention Those Glory Glory Days. I am unsure if you recall One Summer, I bought that recently to see if it was as good as I remember it, it was.

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am unsure if you recall One Summer, I bought that recently to see if it was as good as I remember it, it was.

I remember that well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Ptang yang kipperbang was exceptional, without looking up was it Jack Rosenthal?

Also without looking it up, yes I believe it was. For a few years Film 4 was making some top-notch stuff. The current Film 4 TV channel is sadly disappointing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Also without looking it up, yes I believe it was. For a few years Film 4 was making some top-notch stuff. The current Film 4 TV channel is sadly disappointing. 

I vividly remember when CH4 launched as I watched Scum for the first time. The broadcast image quality was poor and full of static but the movie has been a favourite of mine ever since.

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I vividly remember when CH4 launched as I watched Scum for the first time. The broadcast image quality was poor and full of static but the movie has been a favourite of mine ever since.

Can we go for a quick burn Sir?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

We had it way worse over here.  Irish terrestrial TV was 2 channels.  Two **** shite channels at that.  RTÉ1 & RTÉ2, and they only broadcasted within a fairly short window each day.  So when we paid the extra to get "pipe TV" we could get British terrestrial.  ZOMG it was a world of difference.  I still remember the first thing I ever watched on pipe telly.  Candid Camera on ITV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah. Everybody knows it's "the zapper". 

It was "the Controller" in our house.

Then it became "the Fat Controller" 

My young brother couldn't manage that so for him it was "a tronkoller"

For the last 30 years among my immediate family it has been known as "the tronk".

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Can confirm it's the remote in my house.  When I was a nipper it was 'the buttons'.

We used to call it “the driver”. Apparently it came from my dad. 

Once I learned nobody else in the world called it that I migrated back to calling it the remote

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

We had it way worse over here.  Irish terrestrial TV was 2 channels.  Two **** shite channels at that.  RTÉ1 & RTÉ2, and they only broadcasted within a fairly short window each day.  So when we paid the extra to get "pipe TV" we could get British terrestrial.  ZOMG it was a world of difference.  I still remember the first thing I ever watched on pipe telly.  Candid Camera on ITV.

Still remember long mornings waking up at my grans house and having to wait until midday for the two channels to come on. 

Then it would be something like **** Fair City anyway and I’d have to wait another hour for something to come on!

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Still remember long mornings waking up at my grans house and having to wait until midday for the two channels to come on. 

Then it would be something like **** Fair City anyway and I’d have to wait another hour for something to come on!

And don't forget there was always the Angelus to look forward to at 6pm.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Eee, when I wor a lad, you had to get up and walk across the room to change TV channels. Then again there were only two to choose between. 

Were you that poor you couldn't afford a bamboo cane? Them were the days when buttons were proper and they were either in or out, not this shite you get nowadays that you can't tell if you've pressed it or not

• Like 1

Â