Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Exactly. I mean, we've all flogged something on ebay, be it a clear out of records, dvd collection or other bigger stuff which is either worth a decent bit of wedge on it's own or as part of a load of stuff. Yes,  there are those who make a living from selling online but come on, as @Stevo985 says, it can't be worth the effort if all you recoup is a pittance selling small time stuff.

It only really becomes worth it if you do it in bulk, one off items don't seem to really be worth the effort.

My dad has a full time job, but then just buys hundreds/thousands of CDs/DVDs which he just resells. He might only make a few quid on each item generally, but due to the mass of sales he makes, it's basically a second full time income.

35 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It only really becomes worth it if you do it in bulk, one off items don't seem to really be worth the effort.

My dad has a full time job, but then just buys hundreds/thousands of CDs/DVDs which he just resells. He might only make a few quid on each item generally, but due to the mass of sales he makes, it's basically a second full time income.

Oh yeah that's totally different. 

If my friends constantly had stuff on there and they were clearly making a little side pot of money it would be understandable.

But like you said, one off items here and there don't really seem worth it. Just donate them.

I have bought and sold stuff on schpok.

I buy little toys (ok I've bought about 5 toys in 3 years for my kid) but I sell shit infant be arsed to take to the tip.

I sold a washing machine for £50

A wardrobe for £150

Two side tables for £20

A tall boy £50

And a sky modem for... £5 😂

With that, I just replaced what i sold for less cost, plus I didn't have to get them out my house, people came and took them.

Of course.. the wardrobe which I built in my old house, dismantled, then moved and built in my second house and dismantled again for selling was missing 1 dowel.. which the guy gave me a 1 star review for... 😒

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Women who get pissed off at something in the world at take it out on me with some sort of passive aggressive silent treatment, without any explanation what so ever. Confuses the beejesus out of me. If I reach out in regards to what so wrong, then that's a mistake. If I leave it be, then that's wrong. **** if I will ever understand women. How married guys survive I will never know. She's croatian and I don't know if they are famous for being crazy, but sweet jesus they make giving a shit hard work

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

my experience of English and German women suggests that's not the problem

cant do right for wrong

mine this week barely spoke to me for 2 days because she made me a cup of tea wrong, me saying "don't worry I'll do it" wasn't the right answer, me laughing and saying "that's not what I wanted" wasn't the right answer, the day after me saying "I don't really care it was only a cup of tea" wasn't the right answer either

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nope. They're all like that. 

Say anything, "You're hassling me". 

Say nothing, "You're not interested in me, you just ignore me".

Synpathise, "Don't patronise me, you don't reslly care". 

Try to rationalise, "Don't mansplain".

Argue your side, "You're being aggresive, leave me alone".

Walk away, "That's it, just avoid the issue". 

Just pick your punishment. 

And you have all just reminded me why I am so happy being single without dealing with that shit!

@kurtsimonw, are you sure you want a woman?  :lol:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Women who get pissed off at something in the world at take it out on me with some sort of passive aggressive silent treatment, without any explanation what so ever. Confuses the beejesus out of me. If I reach out in regards to what so wrong, then that's a mistake. If I leave it be, then that's wrong. **** if I will ever understand women. How married guys survive I will never know. She's croatian and I don't know if they are famous for being crazy, but sweet jesus they make giving a shit hard work

I've never understood this behaviour. And I don't think it's isolated to women.

I can understand someone being a bit off or a bit short tempered if something has upset them.

But people who will full on take their bad mood out on someone totally unrelated to the situation I just don't understand.

I don't think, even if I deliberately tried, that I could do that. Be a dick to someone because I was upset at someone else. My conscience wouldn't allow it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can understand someone being a bit off or a bit short tempered if something has upset them.

But people who will full on take their bad mood out on someone totally unrelated to the situation I just don't understand.

I don't think, even if I deliberately tried, that I could do that. Be a dick to someone because I was upset at someone else. My conscience wouldn't allow it.

You don't have the required hormones. 

• Haha 1

People in the office talking about their young kids and the state of their poo.

What the **** is wrong with you?

Nobody wants to hear about your word removed kids and especially not about their turds.

• Haha 3

On 26/06/2019 at 18:34, Xela said:

Way to boost your ego!

I hate companies who come out with bullshit about having limits on how much they can increase your salary in one go etc. Its rubbish. They can get anything signed off if they take it high enough. 

And they’ll do it after offering a low salary “based on your experience in the role” with the provision that “you’ll have regular pay reviews”. I had to threaten to leave twice in my last workplace because my reasonable demand was well over their 10% policy despite being the best and the cheapest candidate when they hired me AND it was a promotion to a new role both times.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth, and also because I’d been doing the job for a year before the company begrudgingly gave me a new title and salary I was already trying to move away before signing the new contract. Took a year but I’m out and somewhere that pays more for less responsibility, which is actually a bit shit but that’s another sorry!

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

don't work in the construction industry...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nah get yourself one and then wait until she dreams that you cheated on her

that will blow your mind

A girl at work who I am friends with, in a totally platonic way, got into a genuine mood this week with me (as in wasn't speaking to me), because she remembered I was going on holiday in a couple of weeks and she got back from hers a couple of weeks ago.

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

A girl at work who I am friends with, in a totally platonic way, got into a genuine mood this week with me (as in wasn't speaking to me), because she remembered I was going on holiday in a couple of weeks and she got back from hers a couple of weeks ago.

Is it just me or people becoming more **** stupid by the week this year...?

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that will blow your mind

No thanks, I've just completed a 10 year sentence with a schizophrenic, bi polar, unhinged maniac.

Besides, She would dream up everything else - and it would be my fault - to which none of what she actually dreamed up actually ever existed anyway!..   🤪

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody wants to hear about your word removed kids and especially not about their turds.

It's not like they talk about how they wipe their arse. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sat down. For clarity. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

10 year sentence with a schizophrenic, bi polar, unhinged maniac.

That'll be the Villa for you,  it's been tough on us all.  Back where we belong now 🙂

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

to which none of what he/ she actually dreamed up actually ever existed anyway!..

Lerner and Xia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that will blow your mind

I'm in the dog house for telling my other half about a dream I had the other night. I dreamt that Miranda off the telly forcibly snogged me. 

I can't decide which is worse. The indignant anger from the girlfriend for "dream cheating" or the awful flashbacks to the dream itself. 

Â