Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

People that think cricket is the shittest sport. I mean, how the hell have adults with access to the internet, television and newspapers, never encountered rugby?

Stuff happens in rugby. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

The piles of vomit dotted around town on a Sunday morning.  

Sorry about that. Can't handle my ale anymore. 

On 22/06/2019 at 14:23, Stevo985 said:

The worlds shittest sport

Other than tennis, is there any other sport when the players run off inside because it looks like it's about to rain?

Stopping playing to have lunch, dinner, and tea, the umpire who does those ridiculous arm movements when a player hits 1 ball out of the 30 thrown at him. Shouting howsthat when someone hits the ball.

In a 5 day test match you could condense the highlights into a 2 minute ad break

• Like 1

I don’t watch cricket, but I don’t particularly mind it. I’ll be at a T20 game at Edgbaston later in the year for a stag do. It’s better than rugby, which in turn is better than the few snippets of American Football I’ve seen.

However golf is worse than both cricket and rugby.

But Formula One is probably top of the dreary pile.

38 minutes ago, 8pints said:

What about slamball?

I used to love Slamball but found the novelty wore off after a pretty short period. After that it's kind of just basketball. Which isn't very good.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Other than tennis, is there any other sport when the players run off inside because it looks like it's about to rain?

Stopping playing to have lunch, dinner, and tea, the umpire who does those ridiculous arm movements when a player hits 1 ball out of the 30 thrown at him. Shouting howsthat when someone hits the ball.

In a 5 day test match you could condense the highlights into a 2 minute ad break

Nah you're just not intelligent enough to understand it, obvs.

Clever people love those hours and hours of nothing happening. Intellectual innit?!

It'S rEaLlY gOoD fOr ThE dRiNkInG tHoUgH

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah you're just not intelligent enough to understand it, obvs.

Clever people love those hours and hours of nothing happening. Intellectual innit?!

It'S rEaLlY gOoD fOr ThE dRiNkInG tHoUgH

Don't forget attention span as well

Cricket is good because there is usually a reason for everything.

If a batsman isn't trying to strike the ball, then he's either playing for a draw (just not getting out), or he's waiting for a bowlers spell to be over (a shitter bowler will be up next).

But strike rates now are generally higher than they've ever been.

In T20, you'd never get the batsman not trying to score, unless he's faced a really good ball, which is why people like t20.  In a test match, because there is no "team A are winning" then it's interesting because is it a low scoring innings because the bowlers/fielders are so good, or because the wicket is bad?  If it's a high scoring first innings, is it because the batting team are good, or the bowlers are bad?

There's this internal pendulum in cricket which swings in batman losing their wickets and the closer the game is, the more interesting the pendulum is to try and figure out.  It's kinda like watching the sporting equivalent of a good thriller "will they, won't they?"

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 4

Cricket and rugby are definitely two sports I just don't get. Love baseball and the NFL though. A few people I know are confused by that, not sure why as there's really very little they share in common! 

Â